Sea World

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.4

Food Service Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sea World in December 2014.

group interview with three tasks,
    1. choose a character from sea world ex. elmo and describe why you chose them. introduce yourself
    2. "problem solving, unscrambling words.
    3. random scenario of how to handle a customer service issue.
    I waited about an hour and a half and asked me if I wanted a position. Make sure to be upbeat and ask a lot of questions although pretty much anyone is hired. A girl came wearing extremely tight pants and a crop top, didn't shake the interviewers hands, and did not actively participate in the group interview but still got hired.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there weren't any shamu towels left and a customer really wanted one?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

SALES CLERK Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sea World in October 2014.

there were two people watching over me at the interview. that was unexpected. the interview questions were all "tell me a time when" questions and there was a total of 8.

Interview Questions
    • there were none since i got some help here and expected similar questions for the position i applied for.   Answer Question

Sales Clerk III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Sea World.

To get the interview I just applied online and got a call within a couple of days and then scheduled an interview for a couples day after that call. The interview only lasted for about 5-10mins, and they only asked about 5 questions and availability.

Interview Questions
    • -What was the last recommended movie or restaraunt you gave someone to someone and why?
      -When have you been in a stressful situation and what did you do about it?
      -When have you made a mistake and what did you do about it to make it right?
      -When did you have to perform a boring task and how did you make it fun?
      -When was the last time you had to take care of an infant?

Answer Question

SALES CLERK Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sea World in May 2014.

The job I applied for allowed me to schedule my own interview. You find out the type of interview (1:1 or group/panel) when you arrive. Straightforward questions regarding customer service. "What would you do..." type questions.

Ride Ops III Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sea World in May 2014.

I applied online and was able to schedule an interview for the following week. It was kind of hard to find the Employment Center since it's a little hidden, but eventually I found it. A few other people were there, some about my age (19) and others looked a year or two younger. They were dressed a little more casual than me, so I suggest if you go for an interview go more for the cleaned-up casual looked than wear a dress/dress shirt.

I was interviewed by a young girl maybe in her mid to late 20s. She didn't ask me much about myself or my previous experience, but did ask if I had read over all of the duties that the position has. She only asked about 8 questions that involved having to describe an instance where I dealt with the situation and how I dealt with it.

I had heard a lot of people that I know who had gotten hired so I didn't think that sea world had that high of standards. I still tried to the best of my ability to get the job. I was told that I would hear from them in 3-5 days through mail or phone. I got a letter in the mail saying I didn't get the job but that I could apply to other open jobs. Unfortunately, they don't tell you that all the jobs ask "Have you applied for these positions in the past 6 months" (ride ops was one of the choices) and if you select yes, then you become ineligible to apply for that position. It was a little frustrating. A couple weeks after me, a friend applied for the same position and got hired on the spot so I guess I wasn't what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions like..
      Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't get along with and how did you make it work
      Describe a time when you made a mistake and how did you fix it
      Describe a time when you were under high stress and how did you deal with it

View Answer

Assistant Supervisor of Photography (Discovery Cove) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sea World.

Standard application process online, posting your resume and waiting for a call to set up an interview. There are one to three interviews involved. The first is with a member of management from the department you'll be interviewing for. The next steps are an interview(s) with members of the Human Resources. The hiring process does include a lot of development and training. It's a wonderful company to be a part of, especially if you obtain a full time position.

Interview Questions
    • It's a very structured situational interview. Not difficult, I would highly recommend being prepared. There are questions like, explain a time when you were organized and it helped through a situation. Or explain a time when you had to seek another department to help with a situation. (These questions aren't verbatim as my interview was a few years ago)   View Answer

Bev Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sea World in April 2014.

They asked basic questions and was in the room all of five minutes and got offered the job and was training a week later now i enjoy my job its fun and the people i work with are great

Easy fast and ok

SALES CLERK Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sea World.

Straight forward, basic questions, nothing difficult to answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sea World.

Online application, Phone interview. The phone interview starts with general information and give you more details about the internship. Then begins to ask fairly easy interview questions.

Guest Arrival Concierge Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sea World in March 2014.

Applied online got asked to schedule interview a couple day later. It was a group interview. There were 3 people judging and 1 explaining everything.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked too pick a stuffed animal that represented us.   View Answer