SeaChange

SeaChange Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SeaChange.

I had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, another engineer, and a manager for another group

Interview Questions
    I received a good offer and did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SeaChange in August 2012.

First they contacted me over email. Then almost 2 months later I got a call. He briefed about the company and their work. Later in another day he interviewed me over the phone for around 90 minutes. Mostly all questions are related to my current work. He had asked some OS basics and DVB domain related questions. After few weeks he said, I have to meet VP of the company and he would take the final decision. As per that I went to the company and met VP and president. They received me nicely and showed me office and asked some other questions. The whole interview process was nice except few delays at the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions on general topics. Otherwise they have asked my domain related questions like what is PAT, PMT etc...   Answer Question
    I already had a offer before attending this interview, so I bargained the initial salary. They almost matched what I asked. I was satisfied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SeaChange in July 2012.

Contacted through Linked-in. First Telephonic round. Mostly related to previous projects and domain related questions. Later office visit. Interviewed with multiple people. Everything went very well. They are actually looking for people like me as I've more experience in that domain. Some of the questions like, what was your most challenging bug and how did you resolve it etc.

Interview Questions
    It was good. I negotiated more than what they offered.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at SeaChange in September 2008.

I went through one phone interview and two on-site interviews. Everybody was nice and friendlier, with very few technical questions. SeaChange has a great work-life balance structure.

Interview Questions
    • How do you compare water fall vs agile development process   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because they made me an excellent offer.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at SeaChange.

Interviewed with GM, Engineering and product manager. No job description was ever presented. Exactly which product I would be responsible for varied by person I was speaking to. Eng felt that PM was not focused or fully supportive. PM was overwhelmed, and at the beck and call of sales and customer feature requests. Inability to prioritize and focus on developing product roadmaps. GM conducted a psychological interview and came across as uninterested.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SeaChange in April 2009.

If you can pass a credit check and background check and have some stuff on a resume, that's all you need.
    No drug test, no panel interview. No technical questions at all.
    If you don't have 3 heads, you'll be fine. they don't care that you don't know anything, they don't either.

Interview Questions
    Give them an inflated current salary and they will top it by 15%. Easy peasy.