Seadrill Americas Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

2.3

Subsea Supervisor Interview

Interview

It's a who you know type comapny to catch on with, your name in industry has to be a strong one. Not easy to get on with them, if you don't have a good reputation.

Electrician Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seadrill Americas (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Contacted through LinkedIn, did a phone interview which consisted of very standard questions (no strength/weakness, though). Next were some online tests, mostly simple, except the math portion. I don't think they valued the math portion highly, though. Then I did a group interview with individual interviews with HR and a technician. Neither were very difficult, and everyone was very polite.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know mostly how I could contribute.   1 Answer

Second Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seadrill Americas (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Sent in resume and flew from New England for the interview. Interview was short and sweet with the usual engineering/maintenance questions. Had interview with the rig head HR woman and after interview with her we called the rig and I spoke with the Chief Engineer. After this I left the office and headed to the airport to fly home that same day.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seadrill Americas (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Very rudimentary. Electrical questions like Ohm's law, two types of transformers, etc. I spent weeks rehashing AC and Electronic Theory and frankly felt disgusted that I had wasted so much time on so simple of an interview. The quality of some of the new hires reflects this. For a job that pays so much in a area that can be so detrimental to the safety and up time on a drilling rig, I would expect serious attention to be paid to the quality of employees selected for the position instead of a "let them sink, or let them swim" attitude. Such a sloppy process must take its toll monetarily on a business. I can assure you it takes it's toll with the co-workers of those employees.

Cost Controller Interview

Interview

2 stages - 1st with your supervisor and HR and 2nd with director level. 1st interview has no technical questions; was more of a get to know you sort and your past experience. 2nd level was more for determining if you make a good fit for the post.