Seagate Technology Interview Questions in Bloomington, MN

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.5

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Sat down with three people and was questioned on my experience. They didn't ask to many questions. Nothing tricky was asked of me. They expected me to talk a lot without being questioned about things. They didn't email me back till I emailed them asking about the status so watch out for that

Advanced Analytics Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with Program/Project Managers, then two rounds of on-site interviews. The first on-site required an analytical presentation to the group based upon a previous analysis I had developed and delivered. Second on-site was a 30 minute meeting with the Senior Director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you received pushback from a partner and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the highest level of stakeholder you've presented to?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated base salary, had no set time table for negotiations other than a highly suggested start date.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

One interview then got an offer in 10 minutes after I hung up with my interviewer. Process was really simple. The recruiter was really good and so was the interviewer so I guess I got really lucky.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Standard tech questions.   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

First had a phone interview with the hiring manager, asked me if I knew what seagate was/what they did, my interest in it/why I applied, and my previous experience on my resume. Then asked if I had questions (You should have questions don't say "No, not really"). Heard back within a week and had an in person interview on site.. this was relaxed with 3 staff engineers and they again went through my resume and my accomplishments. Asked what I liked to do for fun, why I want to be an engineer, and then again asked if I had questions about Seagate. Hired within the week. Then got a tour of the campus. career fair resume handed to recruiter (9/20) Intern opportunity email (10/15) phone interview (10/17) 15 min on site interview (11/5) 1.5 hour Job offer (11/11)

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to us a time when you troubleshot a problem and fixed it? What steps did you take and how did you resolve this issue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary or start date.

Intern III - Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied pretty late into the semester and took them a month to get back to me for an interview. I got a small phone interview with HR to discuss about school, experience, and quick background. Then I got two face to face interview the next week. The first interview was with the same HR person. He asked me the same questions along with a quick overview on my resume. He asked me very high-level technical questions, nothing hard at all. Later told me it was just a warm-up interview to get my brain thinking and my facts straight. Very nice guy! The second interview was with the two hiring managers. The interview was straight forward; asked a LOT of behavioral questions, and light technical questions. It seems like they focused more on your attitude, personality, and how well can you fit in with their team rather than your skills. Got a response the next week.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions, a lot of it was behavioral questions. Be prepared to use the STAR technique. The most technical question I got from them (not-so technical in my opinion) was "How do you change permissions of a folder in Linux OS?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiations; based on year in school

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for a phone interview. The interview mainly consisted questions about my projects. Some non technical questions such as have you ever had a conflict with your project mates, how did you solve it, etc.

Interview Questions

• Not many unexpected questions, almost questions were based on the projects on my resume.   Answer Question

SpinStand Tester Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter to apply for new grad positions, so I did so. I was called shortly after that for a phone interview then asked to come in for an in-person interview. When I got there, the boss of the department I was interviewing for took me out to lunch and we met another colleague of his there. After lunch, I had two 30-minute interviews with people within the department and a final HR type interview with the recruiter that called me in the beginning.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many technical questions. A lot of HR type questions about professional communication/relationships and how I could contribute given the position.   1 Answer

I, instead, accepted a job at another company that fit my interests better. Nothing personal.

Wafer Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in July 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by HR and then scheduled for an on site interview, met with the engineering manager and 2 other engineers. The interview was casual, they just asked me about myself and showed me around. A week later they called me agin to meet with another engineering manager, again she asked me casual question from my resume. All these people were so casual an friendly.

Senior Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

1. Application: Applied online during March last week. 2. First Contact: Contacted me through email asking for a phone interview (April last week) 3. Phone interview: Had phone interview with my manager. Did really well. It was just a initial screen on what I have done and whether it related to their work. (May 1st week) 4. Scheduled on-site interview during May 2nd week. 5. On-site interview: It was a marathon (from 8-5 pm!), though an easy one. It also included an hour-long presentation. Had to talk with ~ 12 technical people (some 1:1, others 2:1). Remember, most people here have PhDs, so it is going to be technical, but nothing to worry about. Just know your stuff (most of us do; we spent 4 yrs on it!), be able to explain to others with expertise in other disciplines, and be able relate your work to theirs. This required preparation beforehand and reading up on HAMR technology for next generation hard discs.(May 3rd week) 6. Job offer call: June 1st week. I asked for a couple of days to decide. They were okay with it. I accepted the position soon after. Tips: Most of them get hired through employee referral. So try to find someone there who can at least get you an interview. Stay calm and composed. They are more friendlier than you would expect.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions! Just a few though. For example, how do handle conflict? What would you do if a team member isn't completing his work? Tell me 2 weaknesses, not just one.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

The phone interview consists of a group of people. Most of questions are from your resume. The questions are not difficult and I felt that they just want to know more about you from the interview. The on-site interview is very easy. There is no format, no difficult questions. They randomly talked with you and asked you easy questions. People are nice ans smart. They like to talk with you in mid-west styles. It seems to me that they just try to see whether you can fit the team well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary is what I expected, so I did not negotiate.