Seagate Technology

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in April 2012.

Interview Details – Typical. Interview with 3-4 people. Hiring Manager, Director, 1-2 colleagues, and an HR representative

Interview Question – Sometimes there is a proof question to an engineering theory. Depends on if the interviewer wants to show off their technical skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Seagate does not negotiate. If they do for some reason, it is within 10% of offer.

Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in August 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call to schedule a Phone interview. The phone interview was positive. Then I was scheduled for an in person interview. Hiring manager could not make it once I was onsite. I was called again to have a second in person interview with Engineering team members, Marketing team members(not all showed) and Sr. Director. Interview was approx.. 3.5 hours and was again positive. HR was quick to schedule these interviews, then the followup was not there until I requested an update by email with the response of "our update will be provided by the end of the week (4 days time) either way". Never received the promised courtesy update that week. Sent an email the following week asking for a status and was told the position was downgraded to an entry level position, but Thanked me for my time and encouraged me to keep Seagate in mind for future job opportunities..................

Interview Question – Not a difficult one, but fun..... How many 7's are there between 0 and 100   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Seagate Technology in June 2011.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews and 1-day onsite interview.

Interview Question – Talk about the research group.   Answer Question

Bloomington, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in January 2009.

Interview Details – technically good people.

Interview Question – difficult situation handling   View Answer

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in June 2011.

Interview Details – got phone interview , then on-site interview, test questions during interview, ask about your skills on your resume

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at Seagate Technology in January 2008.

Interview Details – Very technical oriented. Results is a little bit slow

Interview Question – All technical questions, the more you could answer, the more difficult the next one coming   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Seagate Technology in June 2008.

Interview Details – I used my networking to get the interview. This took a while since the company had hiring freezes on and off. I went in for the interview, and I met with several managers and engineers in the hiring organization. I think I met with around 10 people.

Interview Question – Technical questions   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Seagate Technology in January 2008.

Interview Details – First day was interviewed by hiring manager and the group. Called back for 2nd interview by 2nd level manager. Got an offer the very next day.

Interview Question – How are you doing today?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't do it.

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2009.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview where the recruiter contacted me. She did an initial interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I was then asked to visit the facility for a campus interview. I met with 6 individuals - both engineers and directors. The interview lasted for an entire day. The campus was nice and people seemed alright. They did not get back to me with the decision. I had to ask them. I was offered the job but did not accept it as I had received another offer around the same time.

Interview Question – What manufacturing processes are involved in making a hard drive?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seagate Technology

Worked for Seagate Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seagate Technology Engineer interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Seagate Technology employees and interview candidates.