Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

2 Phone 3 consecutive in person with senior management. When I did my one on ones. First met with Creative Director 30 min. Then Art Director 30min. Then Marketing Manager 30 min. Easy laid back interview. Very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Design questions. Problem solving and high level thinking.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

A short phone screen with some general questions. After that is a one day onsite interview. Met with several senior engineers, research manager and research director. Most of the questions focused on the background experiences including course works and research projects. No very difficult questions. Be prepared with the STAR technique.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO).

Interview

I was called to arrange a time for a phone interview.
    The interviewer called and asked questions to verify some of the experience noted on my resume and to generally get an idea of how knowledgeable I was.
    I was later called to bring me in for an on-site interview.
    That interview consisted of two different panels of engineers asking technical questions, and an interview with the hiring manager to make sure I was someone he would want to work with.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst thing the firmware can do to reduce performance on a hard drive?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Seagate Technology (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First technical phone interview and after that 2-3 more technical interviews. First round was all about resume in that interviewer asked about all the projects that I worked on as well as technologies that are used. Interviewer wanted to know more about why a particular technology did you use and few other technical questions about technologies that are mentioned in resume.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The HR manager was slow to respond and uninformative. They also didn't follow up on questions I had. However, the hiring managers were fantastic. I met with multiple individuals in the surrounding team. Some felt prepared and others winged it, but it made for good a conversational interview.

Interview Questions

• All very straight forward. There were a number of situational questions that pertained to the role.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Series of phone interviews with team, management, and directors. Some interviewers were conversational, others asked technical and behavioral questions. There was a test in excel were you do basic time series analysis (identifying and interpreting trends). You then present your quick research in a powerpoint presentation. I did mine over the phone. Despite being rather under-qualified (in terms of experience), I was a finalist for the position. It was nice, but very long, interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had someone who disagreed with you? How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Lengthy interview process.
    Went through multiple rounds before getting hired.
    Hardest part was waiting for call backs.
    Unclear to the relevance of some of the interviewers to the position even after receiving offer

Advanced Analytics Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with Program/Project Managers, then two rounds of on-site interviews. The first on-site required an analytical presentation to the group based upon a previous analysis I had developed and delivered. Second on-site was a 30 minute meeting with the Senior Director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you received pushback from a partner and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the highest level of stakeholder you've presented to?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated base salary, had no set time table for negotiations other than a highly suggested start date.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

One phone interview with recruiter asking technical questions whether I had experience with business intelligent programs. Asked to come into head quarters for two in-person interviews with different department managers and one with the director. Interviews consisted of soft questions but mainly wanted technical program experience (SQL, Business Objects, etc).

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got an email -> scheduled a call with the recruiter -> got through screening -> got an interview w hiring manager -> heard back the next week.

Overall process was quick and the staff was very helpful to my situation where I had pending deadlines. Staff responded quickly to calls/emails.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • You are assigned a task that is due tomorrow, but you cannot finish (even if you pull an all-nighter)- what do you do?   Answer Question