Seagate Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Staff Product Marketing Interview

Senior Staff Product Marketing
Longmont, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview Details – First interview with corporate recruiter was about 30 minutes, which is typically what you see as part of the screening process. This determined there was a good fit between my skills and background and the position that was posted. Within a couple weeks, there was an onsite visit that included interviews with 10 Seagate employees related to this product area, as well as lunch with the hiring manager. Those seemed to go well, but there was one final 60-minute interview via telephone. About a week after that, the company made an offer, which I have accepted.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were asking about my background jobs, responsibilities, successes, challenges, etc. The team probed about my knowledge of storage technology, device firmware, and how I worked with an extended team at my last company. Overall, the questions were gauging my ability to understand the technology, the marketplace, and inquiring about how I would go about the activities in this new task if I was to get an offer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The company made a very good offer, so I didn't have to negotiate at all. Both parties understood well the good fit and this was reflected in the offer and acceptance.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview Details – online submitted resume to Seagate. got email and phone call. Interviewed by group people. Answered all questions include tech., working handling, team work, personal interesting,.... Back ground check.

Interview Question – process, FA, QA   Answer Question

Senior Supply Chain Planner Interview

Senior Supply Chain Planner

Interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online and was contacted by the recruiter. Set up a phone interview with him.
I was expecting the typical recruiter phone screen asking why you want the job, what your background is, etc. Instead, after asking those "are you authorized to work in the US", "have you ever worked for Seagate before" -type questions, he dove right into "we can't continue to talk unless you tell me your salary and how much you would leave for".
I tried to skirt the issue, but his pushy insistence on knowing these details before I even got to speak to a hiring manager resulted in me telling him that I am no longer interested. Only after I told him that, did he tell me what the salary on offer was and that it wasn't negotiable. He was right. It would have been a waste of my time to interview with them as their salary for the position was significantly less than what I was making at my current job.

Interview Question – "what is your salary", "how much would you leave for" before the phone screen process even began.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Seagate Technology in January 2014.

Interview Details – Three interviews:
Over the phone with Staff Auditor
Over the phone with Senior Auditor
In person with Staff, senior, and VP of Internal Audit.

Everyone was extremely kind. A few technical questions about audit, not too much as this was an entry-level type position. Most of the questions during the phone interviews were behavioral, and about your philosophy on communications and team work.

During the in-person interview, there was a sort of test: you had to write an audit report based on a scenario. It was OK that I didn't have any audit experience, I just made stuff up. They just want to see your writing ability. They will teach you the specific audit requirements.

Position was awarded to someone else with more audit experience (although this was a no-experience required position).

Interview Question – What can you tell me about internal audit?   View Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor

Interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview Details – Had two 1-2 hour phone interviews before having an onsite 3 hour interview with the Manager, Sr Manager and VP. Mostly straight forward asking about experiences, my accomplishments etc. There were some questions on where I want to be in a few years as they are looking to hire and retain younger employees.

Interview Question – Read this prompt and write a report on your observation Audit Observation (5cs). Was given 45 Minutes.   Answer Question

Technical Customer Management Intern Position Interview

Technical Customer Management Intern Position

Interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview Details – send my resume to manager, after about one week, got an email to set the phone interview. after one week, get into second round on sit interview

Interview Question – phone call just some general question, why u choose seagate, do u have any questions for me.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview Details – Start from 9am, presentation first; then a panel interview followed, 3:1; then a nice lunch; then meet director and a senior engineer and finally HR

Interview Question – Basic technical questions; A lot of behavior questions asked   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Firmware Engineer II
Longmont, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Seagate Technology in June 2012.

Interview Details – I do not like the recruiting process. Applying online does not always result in call backs even though you are qualified. I believe there is a disconnect between the HR and hiring teams. So if you can try to get in touch with an engineer.

Interview Question – For me it was a behavioral question about designing a spice rack for a visually impaired chef.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing. Since I was aa new hire there was no negotiation.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Longmont, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone call a couple of weeks after I dropped off my resume at a career fair. Then an in person interview was set up a week later. The interview seemed pretty standard. There were some technical questions from each of the four groups. Also some behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – There was a tricky pointer question. There was also a question about the direction statements are executed in, in C.   Answer Question

Analyst II-Solutions Center Systems Trainer Interview

Analyst II-Solutions Center Systems Trainer
Tigard, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Approx. 3 weeks later I received an email asking that I call the recruiter to discuss the position. The phone screen clarified position while identifying match with the candidates desired position (responsibilities and salary). The salar was below expected based upon the title market research.l

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seagate Technology

Worked for Seagate Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Seagate Technology interview questions and advice. All 85 interview reviews posted anonymously by Seagate Technology employees and interview candidates.