Seagate Technology Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

The interview wasn't all that tough. It was me and 7 other engineers. I was mostly questioned about what I would do with a new project and how I related to the team and to vendors. It mostly felt like a conversation. I did spend a fair amount of time putting together a small portfolio that I send them before hand.

Interview Questions
    • The only real technical questions I was asked was some GD&T questions. Its wasn't real hard as it is was based on drawing that I gave them.   Answer Question
    I didnt really negotiate as the salary was more than I expedited.

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Terrible overall process. Went through five phone/skype interviews over the course of three weeks; so not a small commitment on my part. Followed up with hiring manager a week later to check on status of their process and/or their decision and was ignored completely. I thought maybe he was on vacation or something, so waited another week to follow up with HR and she finally told me that they've decided to keep looking. I understand I wasn't a good fit, but at least have the courtesy to tell me that in a timely fashion without me having to reach out to multiple people...

Firmware(Customer Qualifications) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shrewsbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in July 2014.

After submitting my application I received an email 5 days later asking if I was still interested and asking for my availability to set up an interview. They would need about 4 hours of my time. When I arrived I met with the employee from human resources who got me settled and prepared me for who I was going to meet. I met with 8 different employees including 2 current interns. All of the people I met with had technical jobs at Seagate including engineering managers and also more specific to where I would be working. I got to see the equipment I would be working with and saw a brief explanation and example of some different procedures. The entire interview was very relaxed as everybody was friendly. I was expected to go into detail regarding my experience and explain parts of my past jobs in detail. Most of the questions I received were regarding characteristics.

Interview Questions
    • No question in particular was overly difficult. One memorable question where I was asked to go into some detail was "What is the difference between good code and bad code?"   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Seagate Technology in July 2014.

Took about 3-4 hours, with 6 different people. Relax and don't be nervous. All were nice and good people. Lots of tech questions and not too much behavioral. Should be able to explain your past experience or previous work in detail.

Interview Questions
    • Know your stuff, they will ask tech questions. Just basic engineering stuff, logic gates, algorithms for C programming, data structures and hexadecimals and binary. These are prob most important to know.   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

I had three interviews, two on the phone and three in person interviews. I found int interview with the recruiter very good and the phone interview with the program manager very intense. The interviews with the team members was ok. They work a lot of hours and do not seem to focus on any one topic. Lots of behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Firmware Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in January 2014.

Fine process, seemed to be ignored after the interview. Questions during were fine, if not applicable to my AOE. Sat me in a room for 4 hours. Email communication afterward was extremely strange, as in non existant. Would recommend keeping on them for communication.

Tech Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Hired through temp agency was temp to hire. Took test at the agency then was called in for interview started work about two weeks later. Ask what software application was familiar with.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions, most question geared to customer service.   Answer Question
    No negation

Intern III - Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in May 2013.

I applied pretty late into the semester and took them a month to get back to me for an interview. I got a small phone interview with HR to discuss about school, experience, and quick background. Then I got two face to face interview the next week.

The first interview was with the same HR person. He asked me the same questions along with a quick overview on my resume. He asked me very high-level technical questions, nothing hard at all. Later told me it was just a warm-up interview to get my brain thinking and my facts straight. Very nice guy!

The second interview was with the two hiring managers. The interview was straight forward; asked a LOT of behavioral questions, and light technical questions. It seems like they focused more on your attitude, personality, and how well can you fit in with their team rather than your skills.

Got a response the next week.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult questions, a lot of it was behavioral questions. Be prepared to use the STAR technique.
      The most technical question I got from them (not-so technical in my opinion) was "How do you change permissions of a folder in Linux OS?"
        View Answer
    No Negotiations; based on year in school

Senior Staff Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

First interview with corporate recruiter was about 30 minutes, which is typically what you see as part of the screening process. This determined there was a good fit between my skills and background and the position that was posted. Within a couple weeks, there was an onsite visit that included interviews with 10 Seagate employees related to this product area, as well as lunch with the hiring manager. Those seemed to go well, but there was one final 60-minute interview via telephone. About a week after that, the company made an offer, which I have accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were asking about my background jobs, responsibilities, successes, challenges, etc. The team probed about my knowledge of storage technology, device firmware, and how I worked with an extended team at my last company. Overall, the questions were gauging my ability to understand the technology, the marketplace, and inquiring about how I would go about the activities in this new task if I was to get an offer.   View Answer
    The company made a very good offer, so I didn't have to negotiate at all. Both parties understood well the good fit and this was reflected in the offer and acceptance.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

online submitted resume to Seagate. got email and phone call. Interviewed by group people. Answered all questions include tech., working handling, team work, personal interesting,.... Back ground check.

Interview Questions

Worked for Seagate Technology? Contribute to the Community!