Seagate Technology Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Seagate Technology in January 2014.

Three interviews:
    Over the phone with Staff Auditor
    Over the phone with Senior Auditor
    In person with Staff, senior, and VP of Internal Audit.

Everyone was extremely kind. A few technical questions about audit, not too much as this was an entry-level type position. Most of the questions during the phone interviews were behavioral, and about your philosophy on communications and team work.

During the in-person interview, there was a sort of test: you had to write an audit report based on a scenario. It was OK that I didn't have any audit experience, I just made stuff up. They just want to see your writing ability. They will teach you the specific audit requirements.

Position was awarded to someone else with more audit experience (although this was a no-experience required position).

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about internal audit?   View Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Had two 1-2 hour phone interviews before having an onsite 3 hour interview with the Manager, Sr Manager and VP. Mostly straight forward asking about experiences, my accomplishments etc. There were some questions on where I want to be in a few years as they are looking to hire and retain younger employees.

Interview Questions
    • Read this prompt and write a report on your observation Audit Observation (5cs). Was given 45 Minutes.   Answer Question

Technical Customer Management Intern Position Interview

send my resume to manager, after about one week, got an email to set the phone interview. after one week, get into second round on sit interview

Interview Questions
    • phone call just some general question, why u choose seagate, do u have any questions for me.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Start from 9am, presentation first; then a panel interview followed, 3:1; then a nice lunch; then meet director and a senior engineer and finally HR

Interview Questions
    • Basic technical questions; A lot of behavior questions asked   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Seagate Technology in June 2012.

I do not like the recruiting process. Applying online does not always result in call backs even though you are qualified. I believe there is a disconnect between the HR and hiring teams. So if you can try to get in touch with an engineer.

Interview Questions
    • For me it was a behavioral question about designing a spice rack for a visually impaired chef.   View Answer
    Nothing. Since I was aa new hire there was no negotiation.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in December 2013.

I had an initial phone call a couple of weeks after I dropped off my resume at a career fair. Then an in person interview was set up a week later. The interview seemed pretty standard. There were some technical questions from each of the four groups. Also some behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • There was a tricky pointer question. There was also a question about the direction statements are executed in, in C.   Answer Question

Analyst II-Solutions Center Systems Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tigard, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2014.

Applied online. Approx. 3 weeks later I received an email asking that I call the recruiter to discuss the position. The phone screen clarified position while identifying match with the candidates desired position (responsibilities and salary). The salar was below expected based upon the title market research.l

Intern Firmware Tools Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2014.

The interview took about 4 hours, I got the interview 2-3 days after applying. I was interviewed by seven different people in the department plus two current co-op students, each interview lasting a half hour. Overall a very good interviewing experience, they were all very friendly. Half of the interviews consisted of skill tests while the other half was almost like a tour of the company and what they do. One interviewer also brought me on a lunch break which included a company-paid meal, which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • - Write a function of code by hand to accept an error code as a parameter and return its corresponding expected message, given a tables of codes and messages.
      - Write truth tables for 'and', 'xor', and 'exclusive or'. Then a practice problem about error codes and using boolean algebra to find expected results.
        View Answer
    They offered me the summer intern position a few days after the interview and I accepted. No negotiation.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

I interviewed online - interviewed at Seagate Technology in August 2013.

Standard online application. After that I was contacted via email and several phone interviews were arranged, each lasting between 20 mins and an hour. After that I was invited to headquarters in Longmont and spent the morning being individually interviewed by team members I would be working with.

Interview Questions

Excellent offer, timing for a job move was not right.

Software Engineer Interview