Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, a 30 minute interview over the phone. The topics covered were technical as well as behavioral. The scheduling communication was clear and quick, and the interviewer was professional yet approachable.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Seagate Technology (Fremont, CA).

Interview

45 min phone interview with Sr Staff Engineer. Mainly about what you did on resume- projects description, difficulties faced. Questions on hardware description language. Few behavioral questions. Mainly on why do you want to work at Seagate Technology and introduction of yourself.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

the HR asked me to describe my resume and asked a couple of technical questions. no behavioral questions. the whole process was about 30min. People were quite friendly. got through background checking and accepted the offer.

Automation Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I originally applied for a hardware position with Seagate. After a brief phone interview with a HR hiring manager, she told me over the phone that my interests were not a good fit for the position. About a week later, she informed me that she had sent my resume to two other managers for positions that were not even listed.

I was soon contacted by the two project managers interested in a new intern. The phone interviews lasted around an hour a piece, and were more technical than behavioral. They both were very polite and the entire process was pleasant.

I was then brought in for the interview, which lasted 4 hours. It started with one project manager asking me very specific questions about the C standard library, basic Circuits questions, and a number of Logic questions. He then brought in his team (2 people) and they then asked me a question each, and spent the majority of their time telling me jokes. After his team left, the first project manager walked me around the Seagate campus, showing me the labs, the server rooms, and what would be my cubicle. He was very friendly and told me not only what he does on a daily basis, but the best barbecue close to the company.

The second part of the interview I met with a manager (I do not know his specific title) who talked to me briefly for about 20-30 minutes, mostly about why I would want to work at Seagate. There was very little questioning in this time. That changed when he left to bring in his team. I then had a 3 person panel interview for the remaining hour and a half. The questioning process was mixed between behavioral (tell me about a project where...) and technical. They were still very friendly, and seemed to enjoy the interviewing process themselves.

Interview Questions

• How would you test a $5,000 trek bicycle against a Walmart $200 bicycle? What may lead the $200 bicycle to be better?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2015.

Interview

HR scheduled the first interview over the phone. It lasted for 20 minutes. General questions about my previous projects. Then 2 more rounds of technical interview on the phone in the following weeks. 2nd round was purely technical and technical situation questions were asked.This round lasted for 50 minutes. Third round was quick, few technical questions and one behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain your work at previous internship.
      2. What is the hardest bug have ever encountered ? How did you debug it ?
      3. Are you hardworking ?
      4. C, verilog and scripting technical questions.

Answer Question

Master Schedule Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Broomfield, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Sat down with HR and briefly discussed salary expectations and schedule for the interview. HR left then spoke one on one with manager about the job duties and expectations. Another analyst entered and both began asking fairly straight forward questions before setting up a video chat with two other analysts in CA to ask more straight forward questions regarding experience related to the position.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience working with international customers and clients.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Got a bunch of questions regarding resume, very technical questions. No behavioral questions. Mainly explaining what you did as described in resume. Also make sure you have some basic skills they are looking for.
    Phone interview for one round only. Got through background check. Need to discuss more with the details of the intern position.

Interview Questions

• Did you get your advisor's permission for doing the intern?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Process took over 12 weeks and never really completed. Was called for a phone interview, followed by an on campus interview. Was left on the hook for the next 10 weeks with week-late replies, until a third interview was asked to be scheduled, but never happened since they never replied, even after a couple follow up emails. Very unorganized, would not recommend.

Magnetics Recording Physics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Three group members just asked what I did when I was in university. Then I showed my papers and presentations to them and we discussed some technique problems in our research. The interview ended in a friendly and pleasant atmosphere。

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Cupertino, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

To start out this was what appeared to be a normal process. Recruiter contacted me and did the initial screen. I then met with the hiring manager and then was asked to attend for a full day for further in person interviews. The first interviewer didn't show up and then I was left in reception for an hour... No apology in fact the C level exec tried to blame me. I stood up for myself, which I am sure they did not like. By the end of the day (7 back to back interviews) with no break, I realized that I had been offered coffee once throughout the day and water twice! During the interview with the C level exec, the individual sat at the table eating mints and with a bottle of water without asking if I would like anything.
    To add insult to injury, the recruiter did not call me back. I contacted the hiring VP 10 days later and was told that they were no longer looking to fill the role.... absolutely awful experience and am not surprised they can't attract and retain top talent. If I had been offered the role, i would have declined...