Seagate Technology

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

online submitted resume to Seagate. got email and phone call. Interviewed by group people. Answered all questions include tech., working handling, team work, personal interesting,.... Back ground check.

Senior Supply Chain Planner Interview

Submitted my resume online and was contacted by the recruiter. Set up a phone interview with him.
    I was expecting the typical recruiter phone screen asking why you want the job, what your background is, etc. Instead, after asking those "are you authorized to work in the US", "have you ever worked for Seagate before" -type questions, he dove right into "we can't continue to talk unless you tell me your salary and how much you would leave for".
    I tried to skirt the issue, but his pushy insistence on knowing these details before I even got to speak to a hiring manager resulted in me telling him that I am no longer interested. Only after I told him that, did he tell me what the salary on offer was and that it wasn't negotiable. He was right. It would have been a waste of my time to interview with them as their salary for the position was significantly less than what I was making at my current job.

Interview Questions
    • "what is your salary", "how much would you leave for" before the phone screen process even began.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Had two 1-2 hour phone interviews before having an onsite 3 hour interview with the Manager, Sr Manager and VP. Mostly straight forward asking about experiences, my accomplishments etc. There were some questions on where I want to be in a few years as they are looking to hire and retain younger employees.

Interview Questions
    • Read this prompt and write a report on your observation Audit Observation (5cs). Was given 45 Minutes.   Answer Question

Technical Customer Management Intern Position Interview

send my resume to manager, after about one week, got an email to set the phone interview. after one week, get into second round on sit interview

Interview Questions
    • phone call just some general question, why u choose seagate, do u have any questions for me.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

Start from 9am, presentation first; then a panel interview followed, 3:1; then a nice lunch; then meet director and a senior engineer and finally HR

Interview Questions
    • Basic technical questions; A lot of behavior questions asked   Answer Question

Intern Firmware Tools Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2014.

The interview took about 4 hours, I got the interview 2-3 days after applying. I was interviewed by seven different people in the department plus two current co-op students, each interview lasting a half hour. Overall a very good interviewing experience, they were all very friendly. Half of the interviews consisted of skill tests while the other half was almost like a tour of the company and what they do. One interviewer also brought me on a lunch break which included a company-paid meal, which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • - Write a function of code by hand to accept an error code as a parameter and return its corresponding expected message, given a tables of codes and messages.
      - Write truth tables for 'and', 'xor', and 'exclusive or'. Then a practice problem about error codes and using boolean algebra to find expected results.
        View Answer
    They offered me the summer intern position a few days after the interview and I accepted. No negotiation.

Analyst II-Solutions Center Systems Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2014.

Applied online. Approx. 3 weeks later I received an email asking that I call the recruiter to discuss the position. The phone screen clarified position while identifying match with the candidates desired position (responsibilities and salary). The salar was below expected based upon the title market research.l

Software Engineer Interview

it is quite difficult

Industrial Engineer Interview

Spoke with multiple members of R&D division.

Interview Questions
    • Had a quick quiz to test thought process and math/analytical skills. Was fairly difficult, especially while nervous.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Seagate Technology in January 2014.

Three interviews:
    Over the phone with Staff Auditor
    Over the phone with Senior Auditor
    In person with Staff, senior, and VP of Internal Audit.

Everyone was extremely kind. A few technical questions about audit, not too much as this was an entry-level type position. Most of the questions during the phone interviews were behavioral, and about your philosophy on communications and team work.

During the in-person interview, there was a sort of test: you had to write an audit report based on a scenario. It was OK that I didn't have any audit experience, I just made stuff up. They just want to see your writing ability. They will teach you the specific audit requirements.

Position was awarded to someone else with more audit experience (although this was a no-experience required position).

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about internal audit?   View Answer