Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Business and Supply Chain Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Seagate Technology in December 2014.

Contacted for phone interview, phone interview went well and HR recruiter asked for cover letter to send to hiring manager. Never heard back yes or no from company, not even automated response

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are qualified for the position. What do you know about data analytics? Other questions about resume.   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

technical interview half a day with senior engineers and engineering managers. Very knowledgeable in the field of reliability and quality. Answer truthfully and do not burnish answers. Was a very enjoyable and learning experience

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Seagate Technology in November 2014.

Got an email from the engineer manager 10 days after my online application, to schedule a phone interview, which turned out to last for one hour. Basically about what you have on your resume. Then one week later, two engineers interviewed me by phone, each for around 0,5 hour. Also about the stuff on the resume, but a few technical questions. It was a fast process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the cons of teamwork? give an example of your own experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Seagate Technology.

I was phone interviewed by Seagate for HAMR laser integration position. The first round involved a few behavioral questions and a little overview of my resume. Interviewer said they will have a second round of technical interview with multiple engineers interviewing at the same time.

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

The interview wasn't all that tough. It was me and 7 other engineers. I was mostly questioned about what I would do with a new project and how I related to the team and to vendors. It mostly felt like a conversation. I did spend a fair amount of time putting together a small portfolio that I send them before hand.

Interview Questions
    • The only real technical questions I was asked was some GD&T questions. Its wasn't real hard as it is was based on drawing that I gave them.   Answer Question
    I didnt really negotiate as the salary was more than I expedited.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Terrible overall process. Went through five phone/skype interviews over the course of three weeks; so not a small commitment on my part. Followed up with hiring manager a week later to check on status of their process and/or their decision and was ignored completely. I thought maybe he was on vacation or something, so waited another week to follow up with HR and she finally told me that they've decided to keep looking. I understand I wasn't a good fit, but at least have the courtesy to tell me that in a timely fashion without me having to reach out to multiple people...

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

I had three interviews, two on the phone and three in person interviews. I found int interview with the recruiter very good and the phone interview with the program manager very intense. The interviews with the team members was ok. They work a lot of hours and do not seem to focus on any one topic. Lots of behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Tech Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

Hired through temp agency was temp to hire. Took test at the agency then was called in for interview started work about two weeks later. Ask what software application was familiar with.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions, most question geared to customer service.   Answer Question
    No negation

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Seagate Technology in July 2014.

Took about 3-4 hours, with 6 different people. Relax and don't be nervous. All were nice and good people. Lots of tech questions and not too much behavioral. Should be able to explain your past experience or previous work in detail.

Interview Questions
    • Know your stuff, they will ask tech questions. Just basic engineering stuff, logic gates, algorithms for C programming, data structures and hexadecimals and binary. These are prob most important to know.   View Answer

Firmware(Customer Qualifications) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology in July 2014.

After submitting my application I received an email 5 days later asking if I was still interested and asking for my availability to set up an interview. They would need about 4 hours of my time. When I arrived I met with the employee from human resources who got me settled and prepared me for who I was going to meet. I met with 8 different employees including 2 current interns. All of the people I met with had technical jobs at Seagate including engineering managers and also more specific to where I would be working. I got to see the equipment I would be working with and saw a brief explanation and example of some different procedures. The entire interview was very relaxed as everybody was friendly. I was expected to go into detail regarding my experience and explain parts of my past jobs in detail. Most of the questions I received were regarding characteristics.

Interview Questions
    • No question in particular was overly difficult. One memorable question where I was asked to go into some detail was "What is the difference between good code and bad code?"   Answer Question