Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Magnetics Recording Physics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Three group members just asked what I did when I was in university. Then I showed my papers and presentations to them and we discussed some technique problems in our research. The interview ended in a friendly and pleasant atmosphere。

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Had three interviews. All on phone. One at a time. Process seems very slow and cumbersome. Interviews lasted over 6 weeks. It does not seem they know what they are looking for.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Everyone was very nice and approachable. They answered all of my questions regarding the position. They asked me questions about my past experience. I wasn't given any kind of technical test. They got back to me fairly quickly with an offer, and I was happy to accept the position.

Analyst II Interview

Interview

Several interviews over the phone and three at main campus in Cupertino, CA. There was an interview with an HR representative, as well as several director-level and above interviewers. The interviews were all under 30 minutes long and nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Mostly STAR questions (behavioral) just asking about experiences I have had, how I reacted, and what behaviors I would change in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was good so I accepted and started 2 weeks later.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Seagate Technology in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted for phone interview, phone interview went well and HR recruiter asked for cover letter to send to hiring manager. Never heard back yes or no from company, not even automated response

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for the position. What do you know about data analytics? Other questions about resume.   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Interview

technical interview half a day with senior engineers and engineering managers. Very knowledgeable in the field of reliability and quality. Answer truthfully and do not burnish answers. Was a very enjoyable and learning experience

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Seagate Technology in November 2014.

Interview

Got an email from the engineer manager 10 days after my online application, to schedule a phone interview, which turned out to last for one hour. Basically about what you have on your resume. Then one week later, two engineers interviewed me by phone, each for around 0,5 hour. Also about the stuff on the resume, but a few technical questions. It was a fast process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the cons of teamwork? give an example of your own experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

I was phone interviewed by Seagate for HAMR laser integration position. The first round involved a few behavioral questions and a little overview of my resume. Interviewer said they will have a second round of technical interview with multiple engineers interviewing at the same time.

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO).

Interview

The interview wasn't all that tough. It was me and 7 other engineers. I was mostly questioned about what I would do with a new project and how I related to the team and to vendors. It mostly felt like a conversation. I did spend a fair amount of time putting together a small portfolio that I send them before hand.

Interview Questions

• The only real technical questions I was asked was some GD&T questions. Its wasn't real hard as it is was based on drawing that I gave them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt really negotiate as the salary was more than I expedited.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Terrible overall process. Went through five phone/skype interviews over the course of three weeks; so not a small commitment on my part. Followed up with hiring manager a week later to check on status of their process and/or their decision and was ignored completely. I thought maybe he was on vacation or something, so waited another week to follow up with HR and she finally told me that they've decided to keep looking. I understand I wasn't a good fit, but at least have the courtesy to tell me that in a timely fashion without me having to reach out to multiple people...