Seagate Technology

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.9

Firmware Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology in January 2014.

Fine process, seemed to be ignored after the interview. Questions during were fine, if not applicable to my AOE. Sat me in a room for 4 hours. Email communication afterward was extremely strange, as in non existant. Would recommend keeping on them for communication.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology in December 2013.

I had an initial phone call a couple of weeks after I dropped off my resume at a career fair. Then an in person interview was set up a week later. The interview seemed pretty standard. There were some technical questions from each of the four groups. Also some behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • There was a tricky pointer question. There was also a question about the direction statements are executed in, in C.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

The whole process includes 3 rounds of phone interviews. The process is really condense, about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Ask about my previous experience and a lot of behavioral questions. But all interviewers are quite friendly. So it was a very pleasant experience.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

I passed on my resume to a director in firmware engineering at the career fair and I got a call back from him in a couple of days. Initially there was a phone interview in which he asked me a few questions about my projects and work experience and then a few technical questions. Then he scheduled for an onsite interview. There were 6 rounds - first three were with 2 Engineering Managers/directors for each round. They drilled a lot about my past work experience and projects (one should be thorough with each line in the resume). One round was technical assessment in C (standard C questions, code snippets and expected output, macros, pointers, arrays, structures, storage class specifiers). Next round was with a couple of technical people who catch you off guard with difficult questions and try to push you out of your comfort zone. Last round was with HR.

They not only test your technical skills but also your over all personality. There were a lot of behavioral questions and they expect honest answers and a positive attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Some unexpected questions about one of my academic projects   Answer Question

Test Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Seagate Technology in September 2013.

Interview was 5+ hours long and consisted of first meeting the hiring manager who within the first 5 minutes told me that this job was not an entry level position even though that is what I was applying for. The interview then went into meeting every person on the 10 member team via 2 people at a time for an hour with each group. Most of these people asked me the same questions over and over. Some were pretty basic and some were highly technical. Most of the technical questions were saved until the after noon and I was not given a lunch break, try converting binary on an empty stomach, not fun.
    In the end a lot of time could have been saved if they would have just split the entire team in half and then had you interview with each half for an hour.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology in September 2013.

Online application- Telephonic Round

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

4 people interviewed me for product development intern position

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Seagate Technology in August 2013.

Standard online application. After that I was contacted via email and several phone interviews were arranged, each lasting between 20 mins and an hour. After that I was invited to headquarters in Longmont and spent the morning being individually interviewed by team members I would be working with.

Interview Questions

Excellent offer, timing for a job move was not right.

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

Review resume and find the interested people. Mainly by hiring manager. Sometimes, team member can also help to filter the resume.

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology.

The first round is a phone interview with the HR Manager. There may be another phone interview with the hiring manager. If it's positive, then there are usually 2-3 rounds of in-person interviews at the location. The 2nd round will consist of 4-5 interviews including the VP, Director, other product managers, and an engineer.