Seagate Technology

85 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview Details – The first round is a phone interview with the HR Manager. There may be another phone interview with the hiring manager. If it's positive, then there are usually 2-3 rounds of in-person interviews at the location. The 2nd round will consist of 4-5 interviews including the VP, Director, other product managers, and an engineer.

Interview Question – Why storage?   Answer Question

Product Assurance Engineer Interview

Product Assurance Engineer
Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview Details – Three hour interview consisting of six 30-minute interviews with team members/managers

Interview Question – Basic statistics questions were asked. Confidence intervals, variance, etc.   Answer Question

Reliability Test Engineer Interview

Reliability Test Engineer
Fremont, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – Late Jan - Dropped off resume at Seagate booth in campus career fair.
Early Mar - Received phone call from HR and onsite interview scheduled.
Late Mar - Onsite interview: 1hr presentation on PhD research; two 1:1 with hiring manager and director; two group interviews with engineers on the team. Entire process lasted 5 hours

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern
Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was told by the HR, and scheduled the time for the on-site interview without a phone interview.

Interview Question – Generally asked me about my background and my experiences   Answer Question

Verification Engineer NCG Interview

Verification Engineer NCG
Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – Comprised of 2 group interviews. One group consisted of 5 people and one had 2 people. Was asked mostly about the Internship that I did and my college projects. Got rejected because they were looking for people with in depth C++(OOPS) knowledge.

Thin Film Engineer Interview

Thin Film Engineer

Interviewed at Seagate Technology

Interview Details – got a email from the group leader on Monday and replied to schedule the interview on Tuesday. A behavioral question and the rest is about my research and background. some technical questions about the process, but fairly basic. asked my achievement and the difficulty during some specific work

Interview Question – career goal. not quite expect this one   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer
Shakopee, MN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Seagate Technology in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process is very typical. Phone interview followed by on site interview. The only thing unexpected would be the C written test. There will be a bunch of questions on macros, function calls, static/volatile variables etc. Prepare well for this . And be ready to talk about anything on your resume related to embedded systems. You will be asked to explain that on a whiteboard , several times to several engineers.

Interview Question – Expected most of the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I joined as a fresh grad. So no negotiation . But Salary offered matched my expectation. This combined with the fact that MN is an inexpensive place to live made it easier for me to take a decision.

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Seagate Technology in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 8 persons in 1:1 interview in 1 day. Each person spent about 30 mins. Each person has different questions, question about "what is your dream job?", "What do u see yourself in the future?", "describe yourself", and some technical questions about job related.

Interview Question – Maybe "what is your dream job" is the most difficult one. People will also base on this to evaluate you.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 11+ months - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview Details – The company likes to hire people as contractors first if at all possible. The HR staffing team at the time was just "ok". Seemed antiquated and orientation was not very helpful. Had to learn specifics by trial and error. The hiring manager was very eager to get me onboard. In other departments, I've heard that management can take a year or two to hire someone, putting the open position's work on existing overworked employees.

Interview Question – Not many questions were asked since my qualifications were amply listed on my resume. One of the questions I anticipated was how well I worked under pressure since it was during the economic downturn.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't, since it was during the economic downturn.

Senior Staff Product Line Manager Interview

Senior Staff Product Line Manager
Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in April 2012.

Interview Details – Hired. Interview process took 3 weeks.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 rounds of back and forth.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seagate Technology