Seagate Technology Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

it is quite difficult

Industrial Engineer Interview

Spoke with multiple members of R&D division.

Interview Questions
    • Had a quick quiz to test thought process and math/analytical skills. Was fairly difficult, especially while nervous.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in September 2013.

Online application- Telephonic Round

Test Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Seagate Technology in September 2013.

Interview was 5+ hours long and consisted of first meeting the hiring manager who within the first 5 minutes told me that this job was not an entry level position even though that is what I was applying for. The interview then went into meeting every person on the 10 member team via 2 people at a time for an hour with each group. Most of these people asked me the same questions over and over. Some were pretty basic and some were highly technical. Most of the technical questions were saved until the after noon and I was not given a lunch break, try converting binary on an empty stomach, not fun.
    In the end a lot of time could have been saved if they would have just split the entire team in half and then had you interview with each half for an hour.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

The whole process includes 3 rounds of phone interviews. The process is really condense, about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Ask about my previous experience and a lot of behavioral questions. But all interviewers are quite friendly. So it was a very pleasant experience.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shakopee, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

I passed on my resume to a director in firmware engineering at the career fair and I got a call back from him in a couple of days. Initially there was a phone interview in which he asked me a few questions about my projects and work experience and then a few technical questions. Then he scheduled for an onsite interview. There were 6 rounds - first three were with 2 Engineering Managers/directors for each round. They drilled a lot about my past work experience and projects (one should be thorough with each line in the resume). One round was technical assessment in C (standard C questions, code snippets and expected output, macros, pointers, arrays, structures, storage class specifiers). Next round was with a couple of technical people who catch you off guard with difficult questions and try to push you out of your comfort zone. Last round was with HR.

They not only test your technical skills but also your over all personality. There were a lot of behavioral questions and they expect honest answers and a positive attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Some unexpected questions about one of my academic projects   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

4 people interviewed me for product development intern position

Staff Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Review resume and find the interested people. Mainly by hiring manager. Sometimes, team member can also help to filter the resume.

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

The first round is a phone interview with the HR Manager. There may be another phone interview with the hiring manager. If it's positive, then there are usually 2-3 rounds of in-person interviews at the location. The 2nd round will consist of 4-5 interviews including the VP, Director, other product managers, and an engineer.

Product Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Three hour interview consisting of six 30-minute interviews with team members/managers

Interview Questions
    • Basic statistics questions were asked. Confidence intervals, variance, etc.   Answer Question