Seagate Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Staff Product Marketing Interview

Senior Staff Product Marketing
Longmont, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview Details – First interview with corporate recruiter was about 30 minutes, which is typically what you see as part of the screening process. This determined there was a good fit between my skills and background and the position that was posted. Within a couple weeks, there was an onsite visit that included interviews with 10 Seagate employees related to this product area, as well as lunch with the hiring manager. Those seemed to go well, but there was one final 60-minute interview via telephone. About a week after that, the company made an offer, which I have accepted.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were asking about my background jobs, responsibilities, successes, challenges, etc. The team probed about my knowledge of storage technology, device firmware, and how I worked with an extended team at my last company. Overall, the questions were gauging my ability to understand the technology, the marketplace, and inquiring about how I would go about the activities in this new task if I was to get an offer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The company made a very good offer, so I didn't have to negotiate at all. Both parties understood well the good fit and this was reflected in the offer and acceptance.

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Firmware Engineer II
Longmont, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Seagate Technology in June 2012.

Interview Details – I do not like the recruiting process. Applying online does not always result in call backs even though you are qualified. I believe there is a disconnect between the HR and hiring teams. So if you can try to get in touch with an engineer.

Interview Question – For me it was a behavioral question about designing a spice rack for a visually impaired chef.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing. Since I was aa new hire there was no negotiation.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Longmont, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone call a couple of weeks after I dropped off my resume at a career fair. Then an in person interview was set up a week later. The interview seemed pretty standard. There were some technical questions from each of the four groups. Also some behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – There was a tricky pointer question. There was also a question about the direction statements are executed in, in C.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Longmont, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Seagate Technology in August 2013.

Interview Details – Standard online application. After that I was contacted via email and several phone interviews were arranged, each lasting between 20 mins and an hour. After that I was invited to headquarters in Longmont and spent the morning being individually interviewed by team members I would be working with.

Interview Question – What makes you a great engineer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Excellent offer, timing for a job move was not right.

Very Difficult Interview

Test Process Engineer Interview

Test Process Engineer
Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Seagate Technology in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was 5+ hours long and consisted of first meeting the hiring manager who within the first 5 minutes told me that this job was not an entry level position even though that is what I was applying for. The interview then went into meeting every person on the 10 member team via 2 people at a time for an hour with each group. Most of these people asked me the same questions over and over. Some were pretty basic and some were highly technical. Most of the technical questions were saved until the after noon and I was not given a lunch break, try converting binary on an empty stomach, not fun.
In the end a lot of time could have been saved if they would have just split the entire team in half and then had you interview with each half for an hour.

Interview Question – Convert a certain number from binary into hex   Answer Question

Product Assurance Engineer Interview

Product Assurance Engineer
Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview Details – Three hour interview consisting of six 30-minute interviews with team members/managers

Interview Question – Basic statistics questions were asked. Confidence intervals, variance, etc.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer NCG Interview

Verification Engineer NCG
Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – Comprised of 2 group interviews. One group consisted of 5 people and one had 2 people. Was asked mostly about the Internship that I did and my college projects. Got rejected because they were looking for people with in depth C++(OOPS) knowledge.

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Seagate Technology in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by 8 persons in 1:1 interview in 1 day. Each person spent about 30 mins. Each person has different questions, question about "what is your dream job?", "What do u see yourself in the future?", "describe yourself", and some technical questions about job related.

Interview Question – Maybe "what is your dream job" is the most difficult one. People will also base on this to evaluate you.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Seagate Technology in August 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call to schedule a Phone interview. The phone interview was positive. Then I was scheduled for an in person interview. Hiring manager could not make it once I was onsite. I was called again to have a second in person interview with Engineering team members, Marketing team members(not all showed) and Sr. Director. Interview was approx.. 3.5 hours and was again positive. HR was quick to schedule these interviews, then the followup was not there until I requested an update by email with the response of "our update will be provided by the end of the week (4 days time) either way". Never received the promised courtesy update that week. Sent an email the following week asking for a status and was told the position was downgraded to an entry level position, but Thanked me for my time and encouraged me to keep Seagate in mind for future job opportunities..................

Interview Question – Not a difficult one, but fun..... How many 7's are there between 0 and 100   View Answer

Worked for Seagate Technology? Contribute to the Community!