Seagate Technology Interview Questions in Minnesota

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Advanced Analytics Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with Program/Project Managers, then two rounds of on-site interviews. The first on-site required an analytical presentation to the group based upon a previous analysis I had developed and delivered. Second on-site was a 30 minute meeting with the Senior Director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you received pushback from a partner and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the highest level of stakeholder you've presented to?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated base salary, had no set time table for negotiations other than a highly suggested start date.

Magnetics Recording Physics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Three group members just asked what I did when I was in university. Then I showed my papers and presentations to them and we discussed some technique problems in our research. The interview ended in a friendly and pleasant atmosphere。

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

First had a phone interview with the hiring manager, asked me if I knew what seagate was/what they did, my interest in it/why I applied, and my previous experience on my resume. Then asked if I had questions (You should have questions don't say "No, not really"). Heard back within a week and had an in person interview on site.. this was relaxed with 3 staff engineers and they again went through my resume and my accomplishments. Asked what I liked to do for fun, why I want to be an engineer, and then again asked if I had questions about Seagate. Hired within the week. Then got a tour of the campus. career fair resume handed to recruiter (9/20) Intern opportunity email (10/15) phone interview (10/17) 15 min on site interview (11/5) 1.5 hour Job offer (11/11)

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to us a time when you troubleshot a problem and fixed it? What steps did you take and how did you resolve this issue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary or start date.

Firmware Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Shakopee, MN).

Interview

I passed on my resume to a director in firmware engineering at the career fair and I got a call back from him in a couple of days. Initially there was a phone interview in which he asked me a few questions about my projects and work experience and then a few technical questions. Then he scheduled for an onsite interview. There were 6 rounds - first three were with 2 Engineering Managers/directors for each round. They drilled a lot about my past work experience and projects (one should be thorough with each line in the resume). One round was technical assessment in C (standard C questions, code snippets and expected output, macros, pointers, arrays, structures, storage class specifiers). Next round was with a couple of technical people who catch you off guard with difficult questions and try to push you out of your comfort zone. Last round was with HR. They not only test your technical skills but also your over all personality. There were a lot of behavioral questions and they expect honest answers and a positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Some unexpected questions about one of my academic projects   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

Online application- Telephonic Round

Intern III - Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied pretty late into the semester and took them a month to get back to me for an interview. I got a small phone interview with HR to discuss about school, experience, and quick background. Then I got two face to face interview the next week. The first interview was with the same HR person. He asked me the same questions along with a quick overview on my resume. He asked me very high-level technical questions, nothing hard at all. Later told me it was just a warm-up interview to get my brain thinking and my facts straight. Very nice guy! The second interview was with the two hiring managers. The interview was straight forward; asked a LOT of behavioral questions, and light technical questions. It seems like they focused more on your attitude, personality, and how well can you fit in with their team rather than your skills. Got a response the next week.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions, a lot of it was behavioral questions. Be prepared to use the STAR technique. The most technical question I got from them (not-so technical in my opinion) was "How do you change permissions of a folder in Linux OS?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiations; based on year in school

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, hiring manager contacted and set up a phone interview, basic questions about background and experience. HR contacted for on site interview, met hiring manager and other team member, Fairly easy consisted of situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where you had to go out of the box to get something   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for a phone interview. The interview mainly consisted questions about my projects. Some non technical questions such as have you ever had a conflict with your project mates, how did you solve it, etc.

Interview Questions

• Not many unexpected questions, almost questions were based on the projects on my resume.   Answer Question

SpinStand Tester Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter to apply for new grad positions, so I did so. I was called shortly after that for a phone interview then asked to come in for an in-person interview. When I got there, the boss of the department I was interviewing for took me out to lunch and we met another colleague of his there. After lunch, I had two 30-minute interviews with people within the department and a final HR type interview with the recruiter that called me in the beginning.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many technical questions. A lot of HR type questions about professional communication/relationships and how I could contribute given the position.   1 Answer

I, instead, accepted a job at another company that fit my interests better. Nothing personal.

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I posted my resume on line. The company human resource personel called me and arranged for me to fly in to Minneapolis. Went through a full day interveiw witl all usual interviewers: the hiring mananger, director, and engineers. There was a written test of C with the usual C questions: memory usage, ISR, etc.

Interview Questions

• Didn't have any unexpected questions. All are quite routine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

That was my first job offer in US so I did not negotiate. I think the offer was fair.