Seagate Technology Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Start from 9am, presentation first; then a panel interview followed, 3:1; then a nice lunch; then meet director and a senior engineer and finally HR

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions; A lot of behavior questions asked   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Seagate Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

The phone interview consists of a group of people. Most of questions are from your resume. The questions are not difficult and I felt that they just want to know more about you from the interview. The on-site interview is very easy. There is no format, no difficult questions. They randomly talked with you and asked you easy questions. People are nice ans smart. They like to talk with you in mid-west styles. It seems to me that they just try to see whether you can fit the team well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary is what I expected, so I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

phone interview first, and the office onsite interview. Was required to do a 45min presentations, and spend the whole day talk with people in the group. They are really nice and professional. The traveling itinerary was arranged well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very special. Just general question and some technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a Seagate recruiter and submitted my resume. A couple days later, I was contacted by a Seagate manager with whom I talked on the phone for close to an hour. He sounded enthusiastic about me, but I didn't hear back for about 10 days, at which point an HR rep asked me to come out for an interview three days later. I called Seagate's travel agent and they arranged flight, car, and a comfortable hotel right near their location.

I was asked to prepare an hour-long research presentation, and given a precise schedule of my interview (9am - 3pm) several days ahead of time.

My interview consisted of my hour-long presentation and Q&A, then about 8 one-on-one meetings with members of the group I would join, from young engineers who had been there 2-3 years to a VP. My initial impression was that most of the group members were "midwestern" and low-key, but they were extremely smart and asked very good questions. They explained to me some of their group's organization and basic challenges and roles. I was asked to talk about my background and personality in detail, but there were no gotcha or trick questions, a noticeable difference from my other tech interviews. They seemed pleased with my background and resume.

I was taken out to lunch for an hour with the manager. My interviewers were friendly in terms of offering me coffee and bathroom breaks. Individual interviews started and ended on time.

My final interview was with HR. They asked me about salary expectations and other offers. I was a little bit coy, but estimated one other forthcoming offer, and told them that I was very favorably impressed with Seagate and enthusiastic about the job. A few days later, they decided to match my competing offer.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of electronic design software tools have you used?   Answer Question

This was a very tough call for me, but ultimately I decided that another offer was a slightly better fit for me in terms of personality and location, as well as long-term prospects.