Sealed Air Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process was fairly easier compared to several others that I've taken for a PM role. The VPs are extremely occupied so not all your questions will be answered. The challenges faced by the people in this position are not shared and reality is shocking - the hours, the shifting priorities

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable managing people and being an individual contributor.   Answer Question

Global Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sealed Air Corporation.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter focused on résumé and alignment with job description. The in-person interview with the hiring manager was more conversational than questioning. Overall, a very comfortable setting and discussion around past experiences and explaining the position and team in more detail. A big part of the conversation centered around company's mid- and long term strategy and how the position supports the goals. Some questions about cross-functional leadership, product development, product launch activities, managing up and across.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences, cross-functional leadership, managing up and across.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sealed Air Corporation.

Interview

First interview was a panel. Second interview was a one-on-one. The panel was very informal and just talk. The second interview included very pointed questions. They were very accommodating and agreed to meet very late in the day. They were honest about the requirements of the job. The offer process was very quick. The background check and drug testing company took much longer than expected.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sealed Air Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a friend of a friend call my friend with this opportunity. It fit my background and experience since I had sold those types of products before. So he got me the hiring managers email and I contacted her and I sent her my resume. I also had sent my resume to him to forward to the outgoing employee to forward to the hiring manager so it came from him and he was suggesting his replacement. Networked to connect, got called in for a first.

Compliance Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sealed Air Corporation (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on the company website and received a phone call, initial HR screen, to set up a more thorough phone screen. However, after discussing the position, concluded that it was a more junior position, paying less than I was willing to accept.

Credit & Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sealed Air Corporation (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by HR recruiter one week after applying. Had a phone interview the following day where he told me about the position and briefly inquired about my experience in the field. At the end of the phone call, the recruiter set up my on site interview - it was scheduled for a little less than a week later. The onsite interview was very welcoming. I met with the hiring manager and two of the managers I'd be working with on the team. Questions were all behavioral/situational - "Tell me about a time when..." Pretty straightforward questions as long as you've had a lot of different experiences with customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unreasonable request from a customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to do two important things at once and how you prioritized them.   Answer Question

Operations Superintendent Interview

Interview

I got the initial interview through Lucas Group, which is a placement company for transitioning military and veterans at a hiring conference. The first interview was with 3 people. I was scheduled for a follow up on site interview on the spot. A week later, I interviewed with the same 3 interviewers plus the plant manager and an operations manager. At the on-site interview, we went to lunch and talked, then toured the plant. 2 weeks, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Give us a high-level overview of your experience   Answer Question
    • the rest were standard behavior based interview questions mixed with how I would handle hypothetical scenarios, questions about how I prefer to lead and manage people, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a salary within my requested range so I didn't negotiate

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sealed Air Corporation.

Interview

At start, apply through campus online system, and choose the proper time slot. Then comes the first interview which is on campus; last about 30 min. The interviewer is nice. After about a week, get the notification (by phone and email) for the 2nd chance. The 2nd is three weeks after the first one at Charlotte. Have not finished the 2nd yet

Interview Questions

• Normal question.Do you have geographical limitation. How much know about this company. What would you supposed to do in this company. I think the important thing is to show your earnest and serious.   Answer Question

Technical Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sealed Air Corporation (Charlotte, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I first had an on-campus interview which was relatively easy. There were some generic questions like "What do you know about Sealed air?" " Tell me about your background". Most other questions were behavioural related to leadership and collaborative efforts. Once I got short-listed for the on-campus hiring, there were 4 rounds of face-to-face interviews. The first two were technical rounds (taken by R&D people) related to my research and the next two were behavioural (a financial person and a managerial person). Overall they are very friendly and make you feel comfortable in the whole hiring process. Also, the company's growth plans are very exciting and challenging with the new management and leadership and you can clearly see that on their faces. The new CEO has earned a great level of respect with revolutionary ideas. I personally feel it's the right time to be there for people who like to grow their skills in a challenging environment.

Interview Questions

• Explain a technical situation where you had faced an obstacle and you overcame it effectively.   1 Answer

Territory Account Speccialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sealed Air Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

Very interesting. Two phone interviews and one skype interview. Very unorthodox, but highly efficient. Manager was more worried about my perception of the company and work environment than anything else. Probably because I already had experience in the field. Every challenge question was like, man, this is great, this is better that what I am already doing.