Sealy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Housekeeper Interview

Housekeeper
Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sealy in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple. The HR director was very nice and inviting. Just be yourself and have an available schedule.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected question. Just know why you're there and why you're best suited for the job   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sealy in July 2010.

Interview Details – While I understand that Sealy is a great place to work, their interview process is crazy! I first met with a recruiter (who sought me out). I provided a resume, W2's tax forms, etc. Once that was approved I then interviewed approximately 1 hour from my home. I traveled there and interviewed with 2 corporate guys. The interview went great. I was then asked to travel 4 hours to meet with another sales rep. I did that (8 hours round trip) and again i felt as if the interview went well. I was then asked to travel two hours to meet with another rep and job shadow. I did that and was again told that everything was going well and I was a finalist. I was then asked to travel to their Corporate HQ and meet with the VP and two other individuals. I traveled 5 hours (10 hours round trip) for the wierdest interview I have ever had. I was asked to start in the 11th grade and tell my life story...huh? So anyway when all of that was done....I felt like I did well and was told by everyone that I was selection. Well....I didnt get the job. I guess my life story wasn't entertaining enough. Great company but be prepared for the interview process.

Interview Question – Start with the 11th grade and tell me about your career progression.   View Answer

Buyer Interview

Buyer
South Gate, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sealy in July 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was a typical one on one interview. I applied online and was called in directly. My experiences didn't quite match up with the mattress commodity and it seemed like the wanted someone that had direct experience in that particular field.

Interview Question – What experience do you have?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sealy.

Interview Details – The overall process was a little drawn out, from first contact to hiring took over 2 months, however the experience as a whole was positive and painless. It seemed slightly disorganized and disjointed, I interviewed with 4 different people in person in one trip and prior to the in person I had a 20 minute phone interview with HR and then a shorter 10 minute conversation with HR when setting up the appointment for the in person interview. Upon hiring it was "hit the ground running, or get run over" mode, there was zero training, you learned the company culture and expectation while working.

Interview Question – Really nothing unexpected, if you don't know your area of expertise it will be caught and you won't be hired. If you are not lying, know what you're doing in your field there were no curve balls.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very brief, they asked what I was currently making (which varied greatly) they made an offer on the high average side of it. I didn't counter because the benefits and offer as a whole met my minimum criteria.

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sealy in August 2009.

Interview Details – Company is very good at bring in college students with some sales experience and training them in the bedding industry. Excellent training program. Initial Interview is 1 on 1 and then you meet with the regional and district manager for second interview. Beautiful facility in Trinity, NC. The Managers make you feel very comfortable during the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They pretty much have a scale and based on your experience you will get either the low or high-end of the scale for that position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sealy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sealy interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sealy employees and interview candidates.