Sealy Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sealy

Director Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, then had several in person interviews with the hiring manager as well as other staff and HR professionals in the office. The interviews were moderate in terms of level of difficulty. I went in well prepared. After all of my interviews, I received an offer.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sealy in May 2011.

The interview process was simple. The HR director was very nice and inviting. Just be yourself and have an available schedule.

Interview Questions
    • There was no unexpected question. Just know why you're there and why you're best suited for the job   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sealy in July 2010.

While I understand that Sealy is a great place to work, their interview process is crazy! I first met with a recruiter (who sought me out). I provided a resume, W2's tax forms, etc. Once that was approved I then interviewed approximately 1 hour from my home. I traveled there and interviewed with 2 corporate guys. The interview went great. I was then asked to travel 4 hours to meet with another sales rep. I did that (8 hours round trip) and again i felt as if the interview went well. I was then asked to travel two hours to meet with another rep and job shadow. I did that and was again told that everything was going well and I was a finalist. I was then asked to travel to their Corporate HQ and meet with the VP and two other individuals. I traveled 5 hours (10 hours round trip) for the wierdest interview I have ever had. I was asked to start in the 11th grade and tell my life story...huh? So anyway when all of that was done....I felt like I did well and was told by everyone that I was selection. Well....I didnt get the job. I guess my life story wasn't entertaining enough. Great company but be prepared for the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Start with the 11th grade and tell me about your career progression.   View Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Gate, CA
    Anonymous Employee in South Gate, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sealy in July 2008.

The interview was a typical one on one interview. I applied online and was called in directly. My experiences didn't quite match up with the mattress commodity and it seemed like the wanted someone that had direct experience in that particular field.

Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sealy.

The overall process was a little drawn out, from first contact to hiring took over 2 months, however the experience as a whole was positive and painless. It seemed slightly disorganized and disjointed, I interviewed with 4 different people in person in one trip and prior to the in person I had a 20 minute phone interview with HR and then a shorter 10 minute conversation with HR when setting up the appointment for the in person interview. Upon hiring it was "hit the ground running, or get run over" mode, there was zero training, you learned the company culture and expectation while working.

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing unexpected, if you don't know your area of expertise it will be caught and you won't be hired. If you are not lying, know what you're doing in your field there were no curve balls.   Answer Question
    It was very brief, they asked what I was currently making (which varied greatly) they made an offer on the high average side of it. I didn't counter because the benefits and offer as a whole met my minimum criteria.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sealy in August 2009.

Company is very good at bring in college students with some sales experience and training them in the bedding industry. Excellent training program. Initial Interview is 1 on 1 and then you meet with the regional and district manager for second interview. Beautiful facility in Trinity, NC. The Managers make you feel very comfortable during the process.

Interview Questions
    They pretty much have a scale and based on your experience you will get either the low or high-end of the scale for that position.