SeamlessWeb

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Interview

Customer Care
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SeamlessWeb in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a phone interview, went to a 1on1 interview but with two people. Advice to possible new employees is to be prepared. Check out the website before going to the interview. Do research and understand the job you are interviewing for before appearing. Do as you would for any interview but be prepared for meeting with multiple people and for te interview process to take a while. You will meet with at least two people, sometimes many more and almost always multiple days.

Interview Question – Some of us could be called a little eccentric, can you handle that?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SeamlessWeb in February 2011.

Interview Details – I worked with an outside agency to get the interview. It was arranged for me so that part was easy. I went in to interview twice. The first time I just met with the"HR" rep. The second time I met with two high ranking executive. Basically just kiss butt a little and tell them exactly what you know they want to hear and they will love you. Most of the people you will meet during the interview process are wonderful. You won't meet the awful people until you get there.

Interview Question – When you have a lot of work to do, how do you know how to prioritize the work?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SeamlessWeb in July 2011.

Interview Details – typical FizzBuzz stuff, architecture knowledge, etc.

Interview Question – Solve the "FizzBuzz" problem   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SeamlessWeb in August 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 1 on 1 with hiriing manager

Interview Question – Questions were standard behavioral but seemed to be looking more for a personality type rather than experience and acheivements. Almost felt like a first date rather than interview   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at SeamlessWeb in February 2012.

Interview Details – This interview process started off great, and then went slowly downhill as I got further in the process. I applied online and was contacted by email to set up a phone screen with an HR recruiter. After that, I was invited in for a 1 on 1 meeting with the person the position would report to. That interview was really enjoyable and that person seemed like a great manager to work for. After that, I was invited back to meet with a few people from HR. This is about when I started to get confused. Normally applicants meet with HR first, then the manager, right?

I was asked some generic HR-type questions from a list written down on paper in a way that did not encourage any dialogue, just quick answers (I don't think they had looked at my resume beforehand). It was clear that the HR team was screening for a very specific personality type to fit in with the culture at Seamless. The interview was cut short after about 20 minutes when another person came into the room and told them that they were late for another meeting.

I followed up with HR a few times letting them know I was still interested, and each time I was told they'd be in touch with a decision within a week....and that went on for about four weeks before I took the hint. While I don't mind being rejected, I would prefer the promised follow up.

Aside from my negative experience with the HR panel, every other aspect of the process was great. Every single person I met at Seamless seemed genuinely happy about coming to work every day. Also to note, the office is very casual with most people flip flops, jeans, t-shirts/tank tops.

Interview Questions

Cs MANAGER Interview

Cs MANAGER

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SeamlessWeb in January 2012.

Interview Details – Began with phone screen from recruiting. Generally very prompt, professional and competent. Always responded when they said they would and moved to the next step when they said they would.
Next interview done on Skype with hiring manager.
Moved to face to face interviews with hiring manager, peer level, HR Manager.
Next phase included executive interviews face to face and via Skype.

The experience was somewhat lengthy but this company truly abides by a 360 hiring process. Everyone was pleasant, professional and challenging. While I did not get an offer, the experience was very good. I would be interested in sitting down with them again should an opportunity arise.

Interview Questions

Worked for SeamlessWeb? Contribute to the Community!