Search Optics

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

Ferndale MI Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferndale, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Search Optics in November 2014.

Contacted within a few days of submitting application to take a Predictive Index (PI survey), which they use to rule out candidates for employment. Apparently I "passed" the test because I was contacted for a phone interview with the corporate recruiter in Ferndale, MI office. Phone interview went very well. Next step was a video interview with HR Director in San Diego. Did the video interview at the Ferndale office and was given a tour of the space and thought everything went fine and was excited about the opportunity. Was then sent a link to take a Wonderlic test that evening. A little overkill with the testing...passed this test as well. Didn't hear anything for almost two weeks and inquired about status. Abruptly was told the position was downgraded and I wasn't being considered. Very disappointed in how the response was communicated. Not professional at all.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty normal questions. I believe they try to find out as much as they can about your personality vs. your skill set. They are all about the "culture", but yet during the interview, it was communicated by the HR Director in San Diego that the morale needed much improvement.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

After I performed a brief introductory phone interview I was asked to take an online personality type test. After its completion I was invited in for an onsite interview where I took a Wonderlic test and spoke to a manager and a senior member of the development team. This part interview was very conversational and focused on my knowledge of development and what my goals as a developer were.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was the standardized testing portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Digital Sales Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferndale, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Search Optics.

My interview process was not a normal one based on the fact, I was applying from out state. We had to Skype for one of the four interviews. There were also a few moving parts on their end that cause the process to be drawn out longer than it had to be.

Interview Questions
    Based on my experience I was offered to start at $17.50 an hour, I believe the base pay for people new to the industry is less than that amount, but I am not sure exactly.

Digital Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferndale, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Search Optics in July 2014.

I went through a third party recruiter and it was a very smooth process, There was a meeting with the recruiter, then a role play call with the sales trainer, a couple comprehensive tests, and an in person interview. There was a drug test through the staffing agency but not through the company directly. They were very quick to call back and keep me informed as an interviewee.

Training and Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Search Optics in May 2013.

Use on-line application process. Initial steps moved very quickly. I was contacted immediately by email requesting the completion of on-line personality type survey. Very quick to set up phone interview. Phone interview was very pleasant. Skilled interviewer puts you at ease. They were slow to follow up after phone interview.

Senior Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Search Optics.

Telephone Interview, Face To Face with CEO, Meeting with C Level, then meeting with potential direct reports

Had to take a performance / IQ test during meetings

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Search Optics in February 2011.

Standard inverview process

No problem

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Search Optics in January 2008.

Initial communications start with applying online through the website by answering a few questions and submitting a resume and cover letter. They send you a quick 2 question survey that basically asks you for opinions and takes 5 minutes. Simple. Then, HR conducts a phone screening / interview. If you make it further along in the process, you'll have another phone screening and take a selling skills assessment when you meet in-person with the hiring directors.

Interview Questions
    • Having experience in the related digital services, or Automotive marketing will definitely help you answer the technical questions.   Answer Question
    Negotiating was straight forward. There are multiple facets to the sales comp plan, which was better that I anticipated.