Sears

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Appliance Repair Tech Interview

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sears in December 2013.

Interview Details – I live in Hawaii. So apparently I applied sometime in late November 2013. Did the pre-assessment test. I got a call from florida for a quick phone interview early Dec 2013. although I applied for tech call center, she said she wanted me to apply for the appliance tech position. Got the call from my local office a week later and did the basic electricity and laundry test. Took me about an hour but I can see most doing it in 2 hours. No time limit. No need for calc. I suggest studying whirlpools study guide. BIG HELP. I know nothing about laundry but did very well. Did my first interview when they were done grading my test. 2nd interview a week after that with another manager. She asked basic questions and whatever the first manager did not ask. (They have a list of stuff they have to ask)

Interview Question – There was the basic questions. Why do you want to work for Sears. What do you do with an angry customer. Be prepared to answer what to do when you find out that a coworker is home and not working on company time and safety questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They did the math and accounted for past job as experience. Starting pay is 16.75

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Appliance Repair Tech Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sears in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied a job months ago online, and forget about it.
One day I got a phone call ask me about the application from a recruiter, after ask some repair experience she said Sear will contact me again. Then about a month later, a local Sears HR called me and set up an appointment to take testes, I passed three testes:
1. Personality Test; 2. Basic electrical test and 3. Appliances repair test.
The next interview is by the service manager. It last about 5minus. I failed and don't know why.
I think he just don't like me.

Interview Question – The parts in a mechanical timer.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Appliance Repair Tech interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.