Sears

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Good people, I think I'll start working for them. Salary is not huge, 20.07 /h but it should keep my head above the water. Training provided, benefits after 90 days, pretty much like everywhere.

Interview Questions
They are quick to make an offer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sears in December 2013.

I live in Hawaii. So apparently I applied sometime in late November 2013. Did the pre-assessment test. I got a call from florida for a quick phone interview early Dec 2013. although I applied for tech call center, she said she wanted me to apply for the appliance tech position. Got the call from my local office a week later and did the basic electricity and laundry test. Took me about an hour but I can see most doing it in 2 hours. No time limit. No need for calc. I suggest studying whirlpools study guide. BIG HELP. I know nothing about laundry but did very well. Did my first interview when they were done grading my test. 2nd interview a week after that with another manager. She asked basic questions and whatever the first manager did not ask. (They have a list of stuff they have to ask)

Interview Questions
    • There was the basic questions. Why do you want to work for Sears. What do you do with an angry customer. Be prepared to answer what to do when you find out that a coworker is home and not working on company time and safety questions.   View Answer
    They did the math and accounted for past job as experience. Starting pay is 16.75

Appliance Repair Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sears in November 2010.

I applied a job months ago online, and forget about it.
    One day I got a phone call ask me about the application from a recruiter, after ask some repair experience she said Sear will contact me again. Then about a month later, a local Sears HR called me and set up an appointment to take testes, I passed three testes:
    1. Personality Test; 2. Basic electrical test and 3. Appliances repair test.
    The next interview is by the service manager. It last about 5minus. I failed and don't know why.
    I think he just don't like me.