Sears

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

Interview Details – You will need to come prepared, speak and ask questions the judge by 80/20 rule. 80
% you speak and 20% interviewer speaks. Dress for the interview do not wear jeans, t-shirt or have tattoos showing

Interview Question – When will items be delivered   View Answer

Assistant Retail Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of two interviews. First was a face to face interview with the Store Manager; the second was an hour long phone interview with the District Manager. Interviews felt very good cop/bad cop. First one built me up, pumped me up and brought out the confidence. Second one felt like the inquisition where everything felt like the wrong thing to say.

Interview Question – How do you plan on managing a team of hourly retail associates AND commission based associates?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first offer that was given. I didn't want to try my hand at negotiating given that when we discussed pay initially, I had thrown out a number that was 10% higher than what I was looking for, and they immediatly matched it. Think about how much you are looking for, what you are worth, and tack on another 10%.

Taunton, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Several layers, application, psych eval test, including math and customer service, two interviews centered around culture of the company

Interview Question – no difficult questions, very standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not think to negotiate

Assistant Retail Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Applied on the website, filled out skills and personality test. then phone interview with regional manager, 1:1 interview with district manager. then offer of job

Interview Question – What opportunities do you see in your current location   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate. But had to wait another three days for counter-offer to be accepted.

South Plainfield, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in August 2008.

Interview Details – This interview was the standard fare like most interviews that I have been on. The store manager interviewed me and everything seemed to go smoothly. I felt comfortable and at ease and I was asked the standard questions which I answered to the best of my knowledge and then I was asked to interview at another location.

Interview Questions

Assistant Retail Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very sorry they didn't have an opening for me.
I originally applied online for the job of Assistant Store Manager in training, but was put on hold because the company put a hold on hiring management until after the holidays.
Was a very good experience. They make you take a couple of assesments online, both of which are rather difficult as the first requires a good bit of math skill. But, from what I can tell that's because you have to have those skills for the job.
Only got through one interview, which was a phone interview with the District Business Manager who was an extremely open and friendly person, who told me that he was given my resume/assesments by their HR deparment and he should really follow through with my application. He mentioned I could contact him directly if I had any questions for him and after 2 weeks I did when I didn't hear anything, which was okay becuase he was just referring me anyway. After that and within a very short period of time I was contacted by the regional manager to tell me what happened and he said I should also check out the other openings they had. Being that I was going for management I decided to wait.
After dealing with a couple of insiders, I seriously hope I get the chance to work for this company, because if this is how they treat their employee candidates, I'm sure they treat their employees very well indeed.

Interview Question – Tell me about your employment history   Answer Question

Assistant Retail Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was called 2 days prior to set up an interview with a retail store manager. The interview lasted for 1.5 hr, and was very detailed. Lot of specific questions were asked after I ran through my work history.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!