Sears Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview Questions

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sears in February 2010.

• Build a culture of outstanding customer service to earn trust and drive sales.
• Create, orchestrate, and implement marketing strategies for sale events.
• Invest in partnerships with local businesses and communities to strengthen brand awareness.
• Responsible for giving quality coaching to sales team to surpass sales goals.

not much negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears.

Interview was with the store manager. The recruiter then set up an interview with the district manager It was in about a week. The district manager lived out of town.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you turned a team around that was not performing. What did you do to change the culture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

You will need to come prepared, speak and ask questions the judge by 80/20 rule. 80
    % you speak and 20% interviewer speaks. Dress for the interview do not wear jeans, t-shirt or have tattoos showing

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears.

Interview consisted of two interviews. First was a face to face interview with the Store Manager; the second was an hour long phone interview with the District Manager. Interviews felt very good cop/bad cop. First one built me up, pumped me up and brought out the confidence. Second one felt like the inquisition where everything felt like the wrong thing to say.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan on managing a team of hourly retail associates AND commission based associates?   View Answer
    I accepted the first offer that was given. I didn't want to try my hand at negotiating given that when we discussed pay initially, I had thrown out a number that was 10% higher than what I was looking for, and they immediatly matched it. Think about how much you are looking for, what you are worth, and tack on another 10%.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Taunton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Several layers, application, psych eval test, including math and customer service, two interviews centered around culture of the company

Interview Questions
    I did not think to negotiate

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sears.

Applied on the website, filled out skills and personality test. then phone interview with regional manager, 1:1 interview with district manager. then offer of job

Interview Questions
    • What opportunities do you see in your current location   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate. But had to wait another three days for counter-offer to be accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Plainfield, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sears in August 2008.

This interview was the standard fare like most interviews that I have been on. The store manager interviewed me and everything seemed to go smoothly. I felt comfortable and at ease and I was asked the standard questions which I answered to the best of my knowledge and then I was asked to interview at another location.

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

Very sorry they didn't have an opening for me.
    I originally applied online for the job of Assistant Store Manager in training, but was put on hold because the company put a hold on hiring management until after the holidays.
    Was a very good experience. They make you take a couple of assesments online, both of which are rather difficult as the first requires a good bit of math skill. But, from what I can tell that's because you have to have those skills for the job.
    Only got through one interview, which was a phone interview with the District Business Manager who was an extremely open and friendly person, who told me that he was given my resume/assesments by their HR deparment and he should really follow through with my application. He mentioned I could contact him directly if I had any questions for him and after 2 weeks I did when I didn't hear anything, which was okay becuase he was just referring me anyway. After that and within a very short period of time I was contacted by the regional manager to tell me what happened and he said I should also check out the other openings they had. Being that I was going for management I decided to wait.
    After dealing with a couple of insiders, I seriously hope I get the chance to work for this company, because if this is how they treat their employee candidates, I'm sure they treat their employees very well indeed.

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in July 2010.

I was called 2 days prior to set up an interview with a retail store manager. The interview lasted for 1.5 hr, and was very detailed. Lot of specific questions were asked after I ran through my work history.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a nonproductive employee?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an irate customer describing an actual situation?   Answer Question

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!