Sears Backroom Associate Interview Questions

2.5

Backroom Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called in to interview with two different people. After the interviews they made it clear that I would be getting the job and should expect a phone call within the next few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Sterling Heights, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I had 2 interviews the same day which was convenient but I had to wait 1 hour to be interviewed. The interview itself was very typical. The questions were very cliche. The interviewer to me on a tour of the area I would be working in which was great. The other associates helped me understand the position I was taking.

Interview Questions

• What is your five year goal here at Sears?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Filled out application online. Supplied cover letter and resume. Entered general information. Took a personality test. Pretty straightforward.

Got a call a couple days later saying they want to set up an interview. Gladly scheduled one.

Dressed professionally: shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes. The lady was very friendly. Genuinely cared about the company. Asked pretty general questions you'd expect in an interview. After interview, got scheduled for a second interview another day.

The second interview was with a different manager. Was supposed to ask me questions about previous employment but those didn't apply to me since this was my first job. You kind of use this interview to show why you fit the job and the culture. I asked a good amount of questions. Got offered the job at the end of the interview!

After I accepted they e-mail you everything you need to do. Take drug screening, filling out forms, and other stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Show interest and ask questions about the position that you couldn't find by looking it up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online after completing a short questionnaire and skill assessment (virtual in store iPad). A week later i received an email inviting me to an interview and received a phone call confirming. Interview was fairly quick although they were 30 mins late to start (Which I hear is normal). Asked the basic interview questions, have you done this type of work before, reliable transportation, and what your old employers would say about your work ethic. I was hired on the spot and told to look for an email with the next step in the process. The emails just set me up with a background check, drug test, and the official paperwork for sears i.e. W-2's and what not. I'd say about a week later I was brought in for orientation and trained, then went back for my first shift.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing to difficult considering the position, just make sure you can handle a typical interview and you should be good.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Yuba City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (Yuba City, CA).

Interview

Did an online application and had to take a GATE test. I don't know why but they think everyone is sauve to their technique. the job I was applying for had nothing to do with the test. wanted to ask about selling on the floor and I would not work on the floor. at least that's not what I applied for. The GATE test was insufficient towards the job description I was applying and even didn't work all the way through. I sat for an hour waiting for the continue button to light and it never did. just kept dsaying pick a statement and continue I did it didn't. sad but I don't think I am going to get this job. never completed the test and from what I saw I never will.

Interview Questions

• your test company is not a good company their technology is worst than my home computer. that's bad.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (Sterling Heights, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Worst interview ever. Sat there for an hour before someone came to see me. While I was there I witnessed people getting let go. Interview itself was very long and drawn out for a job that pays minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did not meet expectations at a previous job.   Answer Question