Sears Backroom Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (San Angelo, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I get a call asking to setup an interview for that Thursday. I go to Sears on Thursday and show up about 30 minutes early and the person that is supposed to interview me shows up late for the interview and work.

Interview Questions

• How are you will tools? Are you good with tools?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Gadsden, AL).

Interview

I was called in for the lost prevention position. They told me they found someone. Offered my the job for the backroom. I sat at the table, filled out the questionnaire. Meet with 3 other people. Took a drug test. Then I was done.

Backroom Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interviewed by the manager first, and then the lead (kind of like a sub-manager). The manager asked pretty soft questions. I almost felt like I had the job before the interview even started. It wasn't until later did I realize that when an interview process is so easy, it's not necessarily a good thing (the company is desperate and will take anyone).

Interview Questions

• Run of the mill interview questions. It has been a couple years so I cannot remember specifics. I do however remember them asking about my education (I was going to start college later that year).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Novi, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

It took me 4 days after I applied to get my interview. The interview was one on one and very easy. I arrived 15 minutes early and we started the interview early which was really nice. The interview was about 10 minutes long. They ask basic interview questions. The lady I interview with was really nice and made the interview really easy for me. She called me back hours after my interview to offer me a position as a back room associate.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you had a conflict with your manager about something and what did you do?   1 Answer
    • Give a time you helped your co worker out with something. What was it and how did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • Give a time you had to keep your work area clean and organized to get the job complete on time?   Answer Question

Backroom Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple and straightfoward. I waited in HR and was called in by the store manager to his office. He literally read basic questions off a paper one by one and I answered them. The questions presented here on Glassdoor helped me prepare alot. Many of the questions listed by other users ended up in the actual interview. The interview concluded with a tour of the backroom.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to maintain a clean work environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Backroom Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called in to interview with two different people. After the interviews they made it clear that I would be getting the job and should expect a phone call within the next few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Valencia, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

He began to interview me for backroom (stock) but decided i would be better fit for the sales floor. so he conducted two interviews at once for two different positions. Hired on the spot!

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Livonia, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

2 days interview process. One with a manager. the other with the store manager. The first was easy, as long as you look presentable and remain comfortable. The second, not so much easy. The store manager is a hard case.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions: what am i looking for in Sear's. Why did i leave my last job, the basic questions nothing special.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Sterling Heights, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I had 2 interviews the same day which was convenient but I had to wait 1 hour to be interviewed. The interview itself was very typical. The questions were very cliche. The interviewer to me on a tour of the area I would be working in which was great. The other associates helped me understand the position I was taking.

Interview Questions

• What is your five year goal here at Sears?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Schenectady, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Sat in a room discussing the responsibilities of the job and whether or not you think you are a good fit. They never mention how you would interact with customers or how the merchandise pickup process works.