Sears Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.3

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round interview process is conducted by two interviewers and lasts an hour. The first interview consists of behavioral questions which are pretty typical then a short 10-minute case. Then a second interview is conducted by a different person and is a 30-minute case.

Interview Questions

• Short market sizing case question was about an uncommon industry   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Dropped my resume into the career center, had two 30 minute interviews-one behavioral and one case. They never got back to me so I assume that I didnt get it.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview was quick and very straight forward. There were two parts to the interview and I met with a different employee for each one: one case and one fit both lasting around the same time. The fit interview was basic - around six questions, all very standard. The case was not bad either.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience that showed your integrity.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Campus Recruit came to talk individuals that they had picked out. The interviewer looked like he just graduated college. He gave the usual shakedown but didn't seem like he in a position to hire or even consider me. Asked me case studies and seemed more interested in getting out of the room than hiring. Had no opportunities to review my resume and just jumped right into a case study.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting a case study right off the bat.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Two back-to-back interviews. One interview was focused around the resume and behavioral questions and then another case interview.

Interview Questions

• What logical process would you pursue to consider whether it would be profitable to put one of our product lines in another retail store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with two company associates who were alumni of my university. One was a behavioral interview and the other was a case interview. The interviewers were relaxed. Make sure to have a good reason for why you want to be part of the program and why you want to join the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for this program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I was brought into a room with 4 people, many of which were on their phones replying to business e-mails. I was asked about my experience in the industry, what kind of projects I have worked with, etc. They asked me how familiar I was with B2C websites and what experience I had and with what platforms.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to verbally walkthrough the selection through checkout on a site like Amazon when purchasing an item.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Went through a recruiter, so it was already predetermined.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears (Cambridge, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

I only had one interview, and it was one hour long. Half an hour for fit, half an hour for a case and general discussion.

Interview Questions

• As someone who studied social sciences, a tough question was: why do you want in the private sector, and why retail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

the whole process took forever

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Initial communications were through the job application portal, followed by email, phone calls and one in person interview. Follow-up was via email and phone. I was the preferred candidate at the time because I had networked with the department and upgraded my skills. I had a lot of base retail and support experience under my belt which helped me understand the business from ground up.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. There was mostly what I could expect from the job and asking me if I was prepared to deal with the ups and downs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. I was very anxious to move out of my then current position. It was a step up and the salary increased by a few thousand. If I had known at the time that they would continue to use the excuse of the job I came from as a way to keep my salary low - I would have pushed a bit more.