Sears

Updated Oct 6, 2014

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

The first round interview process is conducted by two interviewers and lasts an hour. The first interview consists of behavioral questions which are pretty typical then a short 10-minute case. Then a second interview is conducted by a different person and is a 30-minute case.

Interview Questions
  • Short market sizing case question was about an uncommon industry   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears.

Dropped my resume into the career center, had two 30 minute interviews-one behavioral and one case. They never got back to me so I assume that I didnt get it.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears.

The interview was quick and very straight forward. There were two parts to the interview and I met with a different employee for each one: one case and one fit both lasting around the same time. The fit interview was basic - around six questions, all very standard. The case was not bad either.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience that showed your integrity.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sears.

Campus Recruit came to talk individuals that they had picked out. The interviewer looked like he just graduated college. He gave the usual shakedown but didn't seem like he in a position to hire or even consider me. Asked me case studies and seemed more interested in getting out of the room than hiring. Had no opportunities to review my resume and just jumped right into a case study.

Interview Questions
    • I was not expecting a case study right off the bat.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Two back-to-back interviews. One interview was focused around the resume and behavioral questions and then another case interview.

Interview Questions
    • What logical process would you pursue to consider whether it would be profitable to put one of our product lines in another retail store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in February 2012.

I was brought into a room with 4 people, many of which were on their phones replying to business e-mails. I was asked about my experience in the industry, what kind of projects I have worked with, etc. They asked me how familiar I was with B2C websites and what experience I had and with what platforms.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to verbally walkthrough the selection through checkout on a site like Amazon when purchasing an item.   Answer Question
    Went through a recruiter, so it was already predetermined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears in February 2012.

I only had one interview, and it was one hour long. Half an hour for fit, half an hour for a case and general discussion.

Interview Questions
    • As someone who studied social sciences, a tough question was: why do you want in the private sector, and why retail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Sears in January 2010.

the whole process took forever

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Initial communications were through the job application portal, followed by email, phone calls and one in person interview. Follow-up was via email and phone. I was the preferred candidate at the time because I had networked with the department and upgraded my skills. I had a lot of base retail and support experience under my belt which helped me understand the business from ground up.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. There was mostly what I could expect from the job and asking me if I was prepared to deal with the ups and downs.   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate. I was very anxious to move out of my then current position. It was a step up and the salary increased by a few thousand. If I had known at the time that they would continue to use the excuse of the job I came from as a way to keep my salary low - I would have pushed a bit more.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in June 2011.

I appeared for face to face interview consisting of two rounds. First round was a basic interview, meant to check communication skills and business analysis skills. Second round was comparatively challenging, with 1 BA and BU head interviewing me. It consisted of BA conceptual questions and a roleplay. Once cleared for hiring, negotiation happened with a recruiter honcho.

Interview Questions
    Usually this organization prefers saving cost over investing more to get better ROI. Bargaining needs to be done in a very dogged manner if you're hell bent on getting a particular figure. Also, one needs to be very sure about notice period buyout discussions. I would suggest candidates to get such promises 'in writing'. These guys have history of backtracking on such matters.