Sears

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in September 2011.

Interview Details – Pre-Screen

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Very Easy Interview

Round Rock, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, did the assessment, and within the next two days I was called for a phone screen. Basic questions about past experiences and customer services examples. Set up an interview for the next week. The interview was fairly easy. Same basic questions. They also have you act out a little just to see if you could be sympathetic. Got offered a position the same day.

Negotiation Details – I didn't... It was a fixed package. Everyone gets the same. I didn't complain it was decent.

West Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in August 2010.

Interview Details – Did one phone interview. Also had to take multiple test on a computer which took 2 hours. Then I interviewed with 2 managers. The questions they ask where very different from any normal interview. They also do role playing in the interview. The manager also said I would be hired at full time 32 but could work more which is only true for 4 weeks during Christmas. I was also told there is room to grow which is true but dont expect a Pay raise for learning new skills

Interview Question – Tell me how you achieved a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is set no negotiating

Very Easy Interview

Call Center Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in September 2011.

Interview Details – had to listen to calls for about 30 minutes or so. I think they actually forgot to come get me but after working there it wouldn't surprise me at all. Then I interviewed with two managers and had to do some role playing. Interview was easy for me. No unusual questions and nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation AT ALL!! I was told I would be able to discuss pay when I selected my schedule but that was a lie.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Call Center Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.