Sears Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY).

Interview

Very easy one on one, just a couple questions about yourself and straight forward. After the interview you must wait for the background check and maybe a drug test but after that you're all set to go.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Taunton, MA).

Interview

I applied online, and heard back shortly after by email. I called to confirm an interview, and came in within a week from applying. The interview process took about 30 minutes, and had all the basic questions (situational, experience, etc). It was fairly simple since I had prepared beforehand, and also since the person interviewing me barely made eye contact. The interviewer also seemed like it was his first time doing an interview, as he had to reread/reword many questions. On the bright side, I was told at the end of the interview that I got the job, and that I'd be receiving an email by the next day with the job offer. I accepted the offer through the email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to learn material quickly, and then apply the information you just learned immediately after?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview a few days later. Showed up in a suit and tie. One of the managers sat me down to ask various questions and did a couple of role play scenarios. I was really shaken up and struggled during the first role play which was about selling Sears charge cards. There are 2 different cards, charge and master. Did not realize that if a customer had one, I had to try and sell the other as well. He let me redo the first RP scenario and I did much better the 2nd time. Another RP scenario was a return situation. I thought I did pretty bad considering I bombed the first RP, but was surprised when I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you handled a stressful customer situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Muskegon, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Saturday, interview on Thursday, offer on Friday. I interviewed with the assistant manager, then with the store manager. Simple questions. No pressure in interview. They gave an overview of the store culture and expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Killeen, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a quick process. I was interviewed by two managers. It was very laid back, and my interview took place in the HROffice. The first interviewer asked basic questions such as how available I am. The second interviewer asked questions based on my experience dealing with different customers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a problem with a rude customer and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied and about a week and a half later got a call to come in for an interview the next day. I talked to the store manager before my interview because he had approached me before and introduced himself and looked at my resume as well. The interview was fairly easy, they asked about availability, if you were okay with the expected pay, etc. Make sure you know what days are available because they want specifics. Some of the questions like tell me about a time when...caught me off guard a bit since they were hard to answer because I had no prior work experience. But I answered them to the best ability and it was okay. You should think of answers in your head beforehand for those questions so you know what to say especially if you get nervous easily. There are usually two interviews. I was supposed to have an interview with the store manager but because he had spoke to me before he decided to not have one and just go through with employment. The lady who interviewed me told me I was hired and that I would receive paperwork by email because all of that was handled through email and you must check your email often because there are certain windows of time you must complete it in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something and what benefits it had.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you recommended a product to a customer or a family member, friend, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is minimum wage which is $9.00 here.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was pretty hard to be honest. A lot of questions and it took about 45 minutes total. I met with two people and all the stuff about credit card selling is all true for every Sears. Your hours are based on how many credit cards you sell, and if you don't sell enough they get mad. If it happens again, they fire you. Don't work at Sears. Cancel the interview unless you are either good at Business & Sales or you want to have a Business & Sales degree in the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a really positive customer service experience.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I pretty much just walked in and the hiring manager, which was the cashier lead at the time, told me to introduce myself and when am I available for work. It was a quick and easy process and she called me back a week later saying I had the job.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Fort Myers, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was terrible and the interviewer was so rude. She was asking questions that were not even related to the job. She was over all mocking my answers the whole time. I would not apply to the sears in Fort Myers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called about 5 minutes later to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for the next day. The interview room was very small and went pretty awkwardly. about 5 minutes after the interview when i left i received an email saying i wasnt denied the job. pretty much a waste of time. the process was extremely fast though. all happening in under 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where there was a rude customer and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer
    • What were you duties in your own job?   1 Answer