Sears

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

I applied Online . I was called back within the week . Interview went smoothly and was not intimidating at all. I was told they would call me back for a second interview that day or next day. No call, so I called back myself and scheduled my second interview. The interview was very laid back. Im not sure if it went smoothly for me because I prepared and anticipated most of all of the questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in February 2015.

The interview process was very relaxed and it took about 45 minutes. My interviewer was very friendly and seemed interested in talking to me. I was offered the position the day after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in February 2015.

Brief phone interview. Why do you want to work at sears?Then scheduled interview and interviewed with cashier lead.She interviewed me along with another girl at the same time. She told us we were the first ones she interviewed and usually the first ones go to the bottom of her list as she goes along.very discouraging. She scheduled a second interview for us with operational manager then 3rd interview with store manager

Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL

I applied online, and received a phone call to schedule an interview with HR. I went to the appt. waited over 30 min. Interview lasted less than 10 min. Received rejection e-mail after 5 minutes of leaving the building.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Describe a time you provided or received good customer service.
      2. Do you know about our Shop Your Ways Rewards?
      3. (Interviewer Asked): Pretend I am a customer, and I want to purchase a calculator but in a bigger size, what would you do?

View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Apply online, a few weeks to a month later is a phone call to set up an interview, there are 2 interviews that are either the same day or may be separate days. If you pass the two interviews then you're either extended an offer or rejected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had a project, what happened and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Further explanation about job expectations and wages

Cashier Interview

Initial phone interview with basic questions (why I want this job, what I can contribute). Follow up in person interview with behavior questions (experience working in team environment, how to handle difficult customers, etc.). 1 week process with time for training.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

I applied online, and two weeks later I got a call for an interview. I went in and they asked me basic questions like "Why do you wanna work for sears?" And such. After that they asked my availability and told me they'd like me to start as soon as possible.

Cashier Interview

Was most like any other interview. All the normal questions. It was a four step process. Face to face interview, drug test, came in for computer questionaire and finally had a sit down with th asst mgr and loss prvention person before finally getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • When did I make a wrong decision and how did I feel afterwards and what did I do about it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears in November 2014.

Applied online. At the end you get to schedule an interview time. The interview were basic questions that you'll find in every interview. What I mean by that is I didn't feel like there were trick questions or they were trying to trick me. Made a point to emphasize selling credit to customers as one of the main jobs.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time" questions. Why should we hire you? How would you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in October 2014.

I had a two-part interview and they both asked a lot of specific questions and examples are listed below. There was over 35 questions that was almost all experience related and majority had very difficult words in them. For example, "impenetrable", so make sure you're good at vocabulary or they will surely make a fool of you. Other than that, it went well.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a difficult situation at school or work? If so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to sell something? If so, were you successful?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever done something wrong and admitted your error?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you had great customer service? Why would you consider that great customer service?   Answer Question
    • What are your expectations for your manager?   Answer Question
    They are not willing to negotiate. $7.93 is the only pay they will give and if you want another position then you can start over from square one.