Sears

176 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Hanover, PA

I interviewed at Sears in August 2012.

Interview Details – Seasonal work. No interview, was already accepted for the position when I showed up. They simply explained the job to me during this time and completed basic questions about me.

Interview Question – There were no questions!   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call about a few days later. The first interview was with a manager and went pretty quick. I didn't think I got the job, but I was called back later for a second interview. During the second interview, there was a group of 10 applicants being interviewed by the entire team of managers, and they also gave us a tour of the store. It took about an hour, and after it finished, everyone was offered a job

Interview Question – Mostly questions like "Why did you pick Sears" and "what does customer service mean to you," but there was also a part where we had to try and sell them a pen to show your salesman skills   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Applied online. Quick and easy. Got invited in for an interview with an assistant manager within 3 or 4 days. Interviewed with assistant manager and followed up with a store manager immediately after the first interview. Hired on the spot. E-mails indicating further steps.

Interview Question – A customer has been waiting on a sales associate on a day where lines seem endless and everyone is busy, when addressing the customer, why do you want to refrain from saying "sorry for the wait"?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward acceptance with pay and job clearly defined beforehand.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I had a few interviews but I was already hired on the second interview and asked to bring important documents and a big smile. I was not nervous at all all I really did was asked a few company questions and provided previous past work experiences.

Interview Question – I really was not asked a difficult question that I couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I applied online after seeing an add on craigslist. They called and set up an interview over the phone. I was told to meet with the manager. I went and was asked to wait because my interviewer was busy. After the interview, I was called later that day for the job offer.

Interview Question – How has your customer service experience been in the past?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later, I got a call for an interview. I had my interview the next day and was asked simple questions that started with "Tell me about a time when..." The manager I interviewed with was very nice and friendly. After I asked my questions about the job position, I was told that I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had two tasks to complete, what did you do to complete them?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Applied online and scheduled an in-person interview right after submission of application. There were two interviews, first one with the HR manager, second was with store manager in the same day. Received an offer after second interview.

Interview Question – What experience do you have working in a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was mostly behavioral questions (Name a time when...). Also they had questions about the company like if you were comfortable selling sears card. The store was busy during the time so my interviewer work with another customer in between while helping another customer. It was fairly easy but their were questions that caught me off guard.

Interview Question – What was a time where you had to complete a task but needed to work on another task?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and after 2 days they called me for interview. The interview is easy and its just about your past experience,behavioral and situational. The first interviewer is nice and the interview was about 10 mins and then he told me to wait for another interview. After 5 mins of waiting the second interviewer is there and interview me for 5 mins and just the same questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time that you help the customer.   Answer Question

Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2014.

Interview Details – First interview went well. Mostly basic questions.
Second interview was about selling and assisting other customers. Then they explain to you the importance of selling the sears credit card. Seriously?
Never received a call back, even after recalling them. Not a great employment process.

Interview Question – Sell me this sears card...   Answer Question

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!