Sears Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview process went through 3 rounds. First round with general manager, second round with cashier lead and third round with the store operations manager. They asked generic interview questions, nothing unexpected and I really liked how they took interest in my background and past experiences. I connected well with one of them because she shared the same alma matter. I came back for the 2nd and 3rd interviews the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and past retail experiences   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later. Interview process took about 30 minutes. There are two interviews. If you make it past the first one, then you will probably get the job. Its very important to arrive on time and dress professional. They love seeing that.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (Muskegon, MI).

Interview

Quick and easy. Was there under 30 minutes. Talked to two ladies and then was given the job on the spot. They then had me fill out the paper work and even offered me to start training that day.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Shady. She was barefoot, on her smart phone facebooking, on amazon buying things. Had me sit there and ask if I needed anything and she was like well the interview is over. It was easy, but it was kinda ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... (Basic questions)   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The first interview was a short meet and greet but management makes you feel very relaxed so you tend to leave feeling optimistic. The second interview was great the manager had me "play" ring a customer and we took turns perfecting it. I was very at ease and genuinely laughing during my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time yoy had to go above and beyond your job duties   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied Online . I was called back within the week . Interview went smoothly and was not intimidating at all. I was told they would call me back for a second interview that day or next day. No call, so I called back myself and scheduled my second interview. The interview was very laid back. Im not sure if it went smoothly for me because I prepared and anticipated most of all of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It went well than I expected only because I got hired on the spot the interviews where a huge pain. Had to answer questions from first the cashier lead then the store manager they were intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good fit with our company?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Carson, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Finished online assessment got a call back from someone a few days later. Call was on Monday after I asked a few questions, I was told to go in for interview on Wednesday at 11. Was group interviewed, told all the metrics. It was a group of three. We were talked to like we already got the position and it was the first day of training. That was all with the cashier lead. Our direct supervision. Then had 1:1 with the store manager. Been waiting a week now for a call back. I was told I would be called between Friday and Monday. I called First on Monday after getting multiple hang ups, disconnections, and loops to the wrong departments, I finally talked to the original person I was suppose to interview with. I was told I should expect a call later that night. Never received one. It's now Wednesday so I'm considering it a no. As well because online the opening for cashier has been removed. I gather they must be having a really hard time deciding on who to keep and fire or they already filled the position and just don't want to give me the proper rejection.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in March 2015.

Interview

Was called to set up an interview, applied about two weeks ago. Waited with three others for my interview (I went last). I got hired that day. Set up drug testing and other info through email, which a representative of Sears helps through the entire process. Started orientation that same week.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and it took about 45 minutes. My interviewer was very friendly and seemed interested in talking to me. I was offered the position the day after my interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question