Sears

Average Difficulty
173 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I had a few interviews but I was already hired on the second interview and asked to bring important documents and a big smile. I was not nervous at all all I really did was asked a few company questions and provided previous past work experiences.

Interview Question – I really was not asked a difficult question that I couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I applied online after seeing an add on craigslist. They called and set up an interview over the phone. I was told to meet with the manager. I went and was asked to wait because my interviewer was busy. After the interview, I was called later that day for the job offer.

Interview Question – How has your customer service experience been in the past?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later, I got a call for an interview. I had my interview the next day and was asked simple questions that started with "Tell me about a time when..." The manager I interviewed with was very nice and friendly. After I asked my questions about the job position, I was told that I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had two tasks to complete, what did you do to complete them?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Applied online and scheduled an in-person interview right after submission of application. There were two interviews, first one with the HR manager, second was with store manager in the same day. Received an offer after second interview.

Interview Question – What experience do you have working in a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and after 2 days they called me for interview. The interview is easy and its just about your past experience,behavioral and situational. The first interviewer is nice and the interview was about 10 mins and then he told me to wait for another interview. After 5 mins of waiting the second interviewer is there and interview me for 5 mins and just the same questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time that you help the customer.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was mostly behavioral questions (Name a time when...). Also they had questions about the company like if you were comfortable selling sears card. The store was busy during the time so my interviewer work with another customer in between while helping another customer. It was fairly easy but their were questions that caught me off guard.

Interview Question – What was a time where you had to complete a task but needed to work on another task?   Answer Question

Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2014.

Interview Details – First interview went well. Mostly basic questions.
Second interview was about selling and assisting other customers. Then they explain to you the importance of selling the sears credit card. Seriously?
Never received a call back, even after recalling them. Not a great employment process.

Interview Question – Sell me this sears card...   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hermitage, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Applied online, easy questionnaire. Was contacted 3 days after finishing application and set up interview time. Arrived at store for an interview. Store manager who was supposed to interview me was 'in a meeting' during the time we had agreed on, so I was interviewed by the lead cashier. She didn't seem to really know what she was doing - all of her interview questions came out of a packet they use to guide their interviews. No one apparently reviewed my application because all the questions they asked were answered in my application. Had a second interview that same day with the store manager after his meeting. Seemed very cold and standoffish. Kept pressuring me to accept a different job as a sales associate in the tools department (where I know nothing about) instead of the cashier position I applied for. When I asked questions after the interview, he showed himself to not be very knowledgeable about his own store (when will I start, how long is training, etc).

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult - the majority were "describe a time when you..." (offered excellent customer service, had to work as a team, etc.)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They were unorganized and not very knowledgeable about their own store. Also wanted me to push credit card apps, reward programs, etc. on customers and I am not pushy enough for them.

Very Easy Interview

Federal Way, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted the next day to schedule interview. Had 2 interviews and was offered the job on the spot during the second. Interview questions were easy, mainly asking about "tell me a time when...". Was a little unorganized, they were about 30 minutes late to interview me both times. However the interviews only lasted about 10 minutes each.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations and how you knew that you had"   Answer Question

Valencia, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. We were all seated in the training room and had to watch a video about being a cashier. They explained a few other things to us about the job. We introduced ourselves to the Cashier Lead and the Human Resources Manager. All they wanted to know was what our availability was and what were some of our past job experieces like. After an hour, we were all given a job offer. It was not as bad as I thought, considering this was my first job interview ever.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The pay is minimum wage so you can either take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Cashier interview questions and advice. All 173 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.