Sears Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was pretty hard to be honest. A lot of questions and it took about 45 minutes total. I met with two people and all the stuff about credit card selling is all true for every Sears. Your hours are based on how many credit cards you sell, and if you don't sell enough they get mad. If it happens again, they fire you. Don't work at Sears. Cancel the interview unless you are either good at Business & Sales or you want to have a Business & Sales degree in the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a really positive customer service experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I pretty much just walked in and the hiring manager, which was the cashier lead at the time, told me to introduce myself and when am I available for work. It was a quick and easy process and she called me back a week later saying I had the job.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Fort Myers, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was terrible and the interviewer was so rude. She was asking questions that were not even related to the job. She was over all mocking my answers the whole time. I would not apply to the sears in Fort Myers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called about 5 minutes later to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for the next day. The interview room was very small and went pretty awkwardly. about 5 minutes after the interview when i left i received an email saying i wasnt denied the job. pretty much a waste of time. the process was extremely fast though. all happening in under 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where there was a rude customer and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer
    • What were you duties in your own job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Columbia, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application that included a simulation. I had some issues getting my browser to run the application so it took me about a week to get the application done. Less than a week later I received a call from inviting me to interview the next day. I did not speak with the woman from the phone. I had two short interviews in a row. The first man seemed very bored with the interview and kept it very short. I don't think he said his title (if he did, I don't remember). He told me a bit about the company and asked a few typical interview questions. The second man was a head manager or something similar. He was very nice and obviously cared a lot. His first question was simply "Tell me about yourself." After that, he asked questions that were basically "Tell me about a time when..." At the end I was given a chance to ask questions and was told they had to do some more interviews and would call in a few days giving a status on my application. Less than a week later I received an email stating they were no longer considering me for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave or received excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Would you be comfortable asking customers to sign up for a Sears card? (This seemed very important and they brought it up several times. People not doing this was part of the reason the position was open.)   1 Answer
    • How do you think you would fit in with our team?   Answer Question
    • I was given a list of duties and asked which I would enjoy most and least.   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply to Sears?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was pretty easy asked questions like your availability, transportation, work history. The manager seemed like she didn't really care and rushed me to answer the questions quickly. The second manager was really nice, he seemed more involved then the first manager. Got the job on the spot and had orientation a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would provide great customer service?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was fairly a simple interview. The manager was nice. She explained everything well.The cashier position was more than I thought it was. I didn't realize that you have to meet certain goals. For example, if you aren't getting customers to apply for a credit card that lowers your chances of staying there and of course customers should use their rewards cards and that is tracked too.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

All customer service behavioral questions, three rounds. This was my first job so I had a tough time with them. I believe I met with 3 different people before getting hired. The process took 1 meeting.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a tough customer, what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a day later i got phone call from Sears store. She asked me my availability and set a interview at the store. There were more than 10 people, most of them are high school students. They separated the big group into small group of 4. The lady who interviewed me said this was their first time with group interview. She wanted us to answer the same questions in the order, then after the group interview she called me in the office and offered a job. She said the wage will be $7.50-8 per hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have an excellent service Tell me a time when you were asking to do a task from supervisor and a customer came to you.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Applied online, asked to come in for in person interview. Was offered the position at the end of the interview. It was fun to work with other young people but the job itself was very demanding for minimum wage. I received a wage after a year working there. A lot of emphasis is placed on getting customers to apply for credit cards and the amount you receive determines your hours and placement within the store.