Sears Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was pretty easy asked questions like your availability, transportation, work history. The manager seemed like she didn't really care and rushed me to answer the questions quickly. The second manager was really nice, he seemed more involved then the first manager. Got the job on the spot and had orientation a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would provide great customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was fairly a simple interview. The manager was nice. She explained everything well.The cashier position was more than I thought it was. I didn't realize that you have to meet certain goals. For example, if you aren't getting customers to apply for a credit card that lowers your chances of staying there and of course customers should use their rewards cards and that is tracked too.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

All customer service behavioral questions, three rounds. This was my first job so I had a tough time with them. I believe I met with 3 different people before getting hired. The process took 1 meeting.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a tough customer, what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Applied online, asked to come in for in person interview. Was offered the position at the end of the interview. It was fun to work with other young people but the job itself was very demanding for minimum wage. I received a wage after a year working there. A lot of emphasis is placed on getting customers to apply for credit cards and the amount you receive determines your hours and placement within the store.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sears in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a cashier job. Got the call about 4 days later for an interview. HR seemed to not even know what job I applied to. Additionally, seemed upset abut my school availability, as I'm a college student. Fired a bunch of the typical retail questions at me, not even realizing that I had no experience in retail. Looked online on the application site 4 hours later and found that "no longer for consideration

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to come up with a creative solution for a problem   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a day later i got phone call from Sears store. She asked me my availability and set a interview at the store. There were more than 10 people, most of them are high school students. They separated the big group into small group of 4. The lady who interviewed me said this was their first time with group interview. She wanted us to answer the same questions in the order, then after the group interview she called me in the office and offered a job. She said the wage will be $7.50-8 per hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have an excellent service
      Tell me a time when you were asking to do a task from supervisor and a customer came to you.

1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greendale, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Greendale, WI).

Interview

It was quick, I applied one week and got a call the next interviewed with the cashier lead then store manager and got the job on the spot. If they want you they will offer you a position immediately, if not they tell you they will give you a call. I noticed out of my 3 years working there that a majority of the people they hire are females pretty females if your ugly you have a slim chance of getting hired sorry but its true. They think pretty girls get more customers to apply for the store cc and sign up for the rewards program.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable asking customers several times if they would like to apply for our credit card?
      Are you comfortable asking for customers email so you can sign them up for our rewards program?
      What does integrity mean to you?

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted pretty quickly for an interview. My first interview was with the HR woman. Then I had a second interview with the Assistant Manager where I was told I would be hired. This location is pretty desperate to hire new people because people always leave.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my availability. Lots of role playing like "What would you do if..". Also they asked things like "describe a time when you had to..".   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I just took whatever they were willing to give me.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was a group interview, the questions were extremely simple. The only con was not being able to negotiate salary. After having the group interview, there was another time to come in an fill out paperwork. The paperwork phase seemed much longer than the interview itself, it shouldn't have taken as long as it did. The interviewer was nice however. They never mention that you have to sell their credit cards and your hours each week depends on how many credit cards you have gotten people to sign up for.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you had a problem at work and what did you do to fix it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating phase. Either take it or leave it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears in May 2015.

Interview

You will receive a call from a District HR Manager who will set you up an interview.
    There are two interviews.
    The first interview is about sears, they tell you everything you will be doing, and ask some minor questions like, how many of these would you have to sale to make 10$. Everything they ask is a test of communication, math, social skills, and multitasking skills. Once the interview is over they will tell you they will call you back.

If you do not receive a call back within 2 days, or if they did not say anything about a call for a second interview you probably did not get the job.

The second interview is about you, they ask you questions about yourself and also ask you to recap what you learned about sears from the first interview. Just remember the policy, their feeling for customer and you will be fine. After that you are offered the job on the spot and will be emailed some online paper work within the next business day.

And that is how the interview process works at sears. Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to sears. (I know that sounds silly but they ask you it after asking you multiple things)   1 Answer