Sears Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

179 interviews

2.1

179 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online about 4 or 5 hours later I got a phone call from the HR manager to come in for an interview the next day. I went in for the interview. I had to wait for a few minutes because there was an issue with a customer. He took me in sat me down and just asked the regular questions. And we kinda just chatted. He told me what the job entailed asked me if I was ok pushing credit. All of which I was used to I had worked at Sears before so it was nothing new. After the interview concluded he said did I have more time to sit and talk with the operations manager I did have time however the manager did not have the time. He said to come in the next day for the interview and to bring my drivers license and SS card because he felt I was going to get a job offer right then. So I went in the next day and the operations manager was a little more of a business interview and it lasted longer. She said she was going to talk to the HR manager she left for no longer than 2 minutes came back and said that they were offering me the job. I filled out all the paperwork right there and that afternoon they called and set me up for orientation.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any hard questions. They just asked if I was ok with asking people for credit applications several times.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in October 2013.

The cashier lead would have a paper in front of them and read questions off of there. It feels kind of halt hearted. Because they don't ask too much personal questions. It's many yes or no questions. But one really good thing about it, is that they don't feel like you fit in one place they'll try to contact the other managers to see where you would fit. Especially if they really like you.

Interview Questions
    • All the time I think the question "Why we should hire you?" Is a difficult question. It makes me think of what the other competition would say. Almost every interview I had always have the question.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

They first make you take an hour and a half quiz. It is very repetitive. Based on the results of the quiz, you are either prompted to choose a time for an interview or they just say "thank you, we will contact you if you want to be interviewed." If you aren't prompted to choose a time, you won't get the interview. Then you get interviewed, and they ask you almost nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hanover, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, PA

interviewed at Sears in August 2012.

Seasonal work. No interview, was already accepted for the position when I showed up. They simply explained the job to me during this time and completed basic questions about me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call about a few days later. The first interview was with a manager and went pretty quick. I didn't think I got the job, but I was called back later for a second interview. During the second interview, there was a group of 10 applicants being interviewed by the entire team of managers, and they also gave us a tour of the store. It took about an hour, and after it finished, everyone was offered a job

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions like "Why did you pick Sears" and "what does customer service mean to you," but there was also a part where we had to try and sell them a pen to show your salesman skills   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Applied online. Quick and easy. Got invited in for an interview with an assistant manager within 3 or 4 days. Interviewed with assistant manager and followed up with a store manager immediately after the first interview. Hired on the spot. E-mails indicating further steps.

Interview Questions
    • A customer has been waiting on a sales associate on a day where lines seem endless and everyone is busy, when addressing the customer, why do you want to refrain from saying "sorry for the wait"?   View Answer
    Straight forward acceptance with pay and job clearly defined beforehand.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears.

I had a few interviews but I was already hired on the second interview and asked to bring important documents and a big smile. I was not nervous at all all I really did was asked a few company questions and provided previous past work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • I really was not asked a difficult question that I couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

I applied online after seeing an add on craigslist. They called and set up an interview over the phone. I was told to meet with the manager. I went and was asked to wait because my interviewer was busy. After the interview, I was called later that day for the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How has your customer service experience been in the past?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears.

I applied online and a few days later, I got a call for an interview. I had my interview the next day and was asked simple questions that started with "Tell me about a time when..." The manager I interviewed with was very nice and friendly. After I asked my questions about the job position, I was told that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had two tasks to complete, what did you do to complete them?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sears.

Applied online and scheduled an in-person interview right after submission of application. There were two interviews, first one with the HR manager, second was with store manager in the same day. Received an offer after second interview.

No negotiation

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!