Sears Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.1

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Shady. She was barefoot, on her smart phone facebooking, on amazon buying things. Had me sit there and ask if I needed anything and she was like well the interview is over. It was easy, but it was kinda ridiculous.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time... (Basic questions)   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

The first interview was a short meet and greet but management makes you feel very relaxed so you tend to leave feeling optimistic. The second interview was great the manager had me "play" ring a customer and we took turns perfecting it. I was very at ease and genuinely laughing during my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time yoy had to go above and beyond your job duties   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

I applied Online . I was called back within the week . Interview went smoothly and was not intimidating at all. I was told they would call me back for a second interview that day or next day. No call, so I called back myself and scheduled my second interview. The interview was very laid back. Im not sure if it went smoothly for me because I prepared and anticipated most of all of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in March 2015.

Was called to set up an interview, applied about two weeks ago. Waited with three others for my interview (I went last). I got hired that day. Set up drug testing and other info through email, which a representative of Sears helps through the entire process. Started orientation that same week.

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in March 2015.

Finished online assessment got a call back from someone a few days later. Call was on Monday after I asked a few questions, I was told to go in for interview on Wednesday at 11. Was group interviewed, told all the metrics. It was a group of three. We were talked to like we already got the position and it was the first day of training. That was all with the cashier lead. Our direct supervision. Then had 1:1 with the store manager. Been waiting a week now for a call back. I was told I would be called between Friday and Monday. I called First on Monday after getting multiple hang ups, disconnections, and loops to the wrong departments, I finally talked to the original person I was suppose to interview with. I was told I should expect a call later that night. Never received one. It's now Wednesday so I'm considering it a no. As well because online the opening for cashier has been removed. I gather they must be having a really hard time deciding on who to keep and fire or they already filled the position and just don't want to give me the proper rejection.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in March 2015.

It went well than I expected only because I got hired on the spot the interviews where a huge pain. Had to answer questions from first the cashier lead then the store manager they were intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you a good fit with our company?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in February 2015.

The interview process was very relaxed and it took about 45 minutes. My interviewer was very friendly and seemed interested in talking to me. I was offered the position the day after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in February 2015.

Brief phone interview. Why do you want to work at sears?Then scheduled interview and interviewed with cashier lead.She interviewed me along with another girl at the same time. She told us we were the first ones she interviewed and usually the first ones go to the bottom of her list as she goes along.very discouraging. She scheduled a second interview for us with operational manager then 3rd interview with store manager

Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL

I applied online, and received a phone call to schedule an interview with HR. I went to the appt. waited over 30 min. Interview lasted less than 10 min. Received rejection e-mail after 5 minutes of leaving the building.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Describe a time you provided or received good customer service.
      2. Do you know about our Shop Your Ways Rewards?
      3. (Interviewer Asked): Pretend I am a customer, and I want to purchase a calculator but in a bigger size, what would you do?

View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Apply online, a few weeks to a month later is a phone call to set up an interview, there are 2 interviews that are either the same day or may be separate days. If you pass the two interviews then you're either extended an offer or rejected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had a project, what happened and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Further explanation about job expectations and wages