Sears Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted pretty quickly for an interview. My first interview was with the HR woman. Then I had a second interview with the Assistant Manager where I was told I would be hired. This location is pretty desperate to hire new people because people always leave.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my availability. Lots of role playing like "What would you do if..". Also they asked things like "describe a time when you had to..".   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I just took whatever they were willing to give me.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was a group interview, the questions were extremely simple. The only con was not being able to negotiate salary. After having the group interview, there was another time to come in an fill out paperwork. The paperwork phase seemed much longer than the interview itself, it shouldn't have taken as long as it did. The interviewer was nice however. They never mention that you have to sell their credit cards and your hours each week depends on how many credit cards you have gotten people to sign up for.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you had a problem at work and what did you do to fix it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating phase. Either take it or leave it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears in May 2015.

Interview

You will receive a call from a District HR Manager who will set you up an interview.
    There are two interviews.
    The first interview is about sears, they tell you everything you will be doing, and ask some minor questions like, how many of these would you have to sale to make 10$. Everything they ask is a test of communication, math, social skills, and multitasking skills. Once the interview is over they will tell you they will call you back.

If you do not receive a call back within 2 days, or if they did not say anything about a call for a second interview you probably did not get the job.

The second interview is about you, they ask you questions about yourself and also ask you to recap what you learned about sears from the first interview. Just remember the policy, their feeling for customer and you will be fine. After that you are offered the job on the spot and will be emailed some online paper work within the next business day.

And that is how the interview process works at sears. Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to sears. (I know that sounds silly but they ask you it after asking you multiple things)   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after 3 days I got a call from human resource to schedule an interview.There were two interviews. The first one was about previous experience and customer service questions. She then gave me the interview form to answer some specific questions, I got the chance to read all the possible interview questions the second interviewer was going to ask.They asked what time I was available. Went for the second interview the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a goal someone set for you and how did you achieve it
      Tell me about a time you exceeded your managers expectation.
      Tell me about a time you solved an urgent problem for someone.
      How would you convince someone to sign up for a credit card and other store programs?
      3 challenges you encounter while shopping online. How would you convince a customer to shop online in spite of these challenges?
      Tell me about a time you helped someone shop online.
      What do you expect from your manager

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, called within a few days to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by two people, I was told that I was hired and to go home and wait for email messages to arrive regarding paperwork I needed to fill out.

The next evening close to 11pm, I received one email prompting me to sign a form. I was told that I would be emailed more information with my start date, hours, etc., but this never happened. I responded to an email message sent checking the status, I never heard back. It has been quite a while since then.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview process went through 3 rounds. First round with general manager, second round with cashier lead and third round with the store operations manager. They asked generic interview questions, nothing unexpected and I really liked how they took interest in my background and past experiences. I connected well with one of them because she shared the same alma matter. I came back for the 2nd and 3rd interviews the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and past retail experiences   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later. Interview process took about 30 minutes. There are two interviews. If you make it past the first one, then you will probably get the job. Its very important to arrive on time and dress professional. They love seeing that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (Muskegon, MI).

Interview

Quick and easy. Was there under 30 minutes. Talked to two ladies and then was given the job on the spot. They then had me fill out the paper work and even offered me to start training that day.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on Tuesday.
    Received phone call on Wednesday to schedule interview for Thursday at 4pm.
    When I went in for interview, I Was told they wanted to hire me but was not made official job offer and wage was not discussed.
    They called me for Orientation Wednesday and I went to Orientation on Thursday at 10am. My first day was Sunday.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Shady. She was barefoot, on her smart phone facebooking, on amazon buying things. Had me sit there and ask if I needed anything and she was like well the interview is over. It was easy, but it was kinda ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... (Basic questions)   1 Answer