Sears

Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.1

201 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Apply online, a few weeks to a month later is a phone call to set up an interview, there are 2 interviews that are either the same day or may be separate days. If you pass the two interviews then you're either extended an offer or rejected.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you had a project, what happened and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
Further explanation about job expectations and wages

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

Initial phone interview with basic questions (why I want this job, what I can contribute). Follow up in person interview with behavior questions (experience working in team environment, how to handle difficult customers, etc.). 1 week process with time for training.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

I applied online, and two weeks later I got a call for an interview. I went in and they asked me basic questions like "Why do you wanna work for sears?" And such. After that they asked my availability and told me they'd like me to start as soon as possible.

Cashier Interview

Was most like any other interview. All the normal questions. It was a four step process. Face to face interview, drug test, came in for computer questionaire and finally had a sit down with th asst mgr and loss prvention person before finally getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • When did I make a wrong decision and how did I feel afterwards and what did I do about it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears in November 2014.

Applied online. At the end you get to schedule an interview time. The interview were basic questions that you'll find in every interview. What I mean by that is I didn't feel like there were trick questions or they were trying to trick me. Made a point to emphasize selling credit to customers as one of the main jobs.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time" questions. Why should we hire you? How would you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in October 2014.

I had a two-part interview and they both asked a lot of specific questions and examples are listed below. There was over 35 questions that was almost all experience related and majority had very difficult words in them. For example, "impenetrable", so make sure you're good at vocabulary or they will surely make a fool of you. Other than that, it went well.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a difficult situation at school or work? If so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to sell something? If so, were you successful?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever done something wrong and admitted your error?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you had great customer service? Why would you consider that great customer service?   Answer Question
    • What are your expectations for your manager?   Answer Question
    They are not willing to negotiate. $7.93 is the only pay they will give and if you want another position then you can start over from square one.

Cashier Interview

Applied online at Sears after the application there is an assessment test. It is very easy to apply online rather than going to the store. After about one week or so they contacted my through phone call. The interview was a few days after. At the interview it was a simple interview. The interviewer was very nice, but it was unorganized. They did not know I was coming in for an interview. Other than that it was a regular interview. It took about ten minuets and there were no other interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears in October 2014.

I initially started the hiring process by walking in to an open interview job fair. I had a quick interview, I was told about sears programs and asked one question. I was offered a second interview right away. The second interview was a group session we were asked about 5-7 questions. The session was about 30-40 minutes. I was hired on the spot. However, I was offered a different position than what I applied for but I'm still happy with my offer as a merchandiser. To give a quick time frame: First Interview "Friday", Second Interview "Tuesday" = Hired. Drug Testing & Orientation Next, we're scheduled for orientation based on how quickly we finish our paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you achieved a goal?   Answer Question
    • There's only one position and everyone in this room is competing for it, why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you helped someone with technology?
      "Work environment example preferred"

Answer Question
    • Define excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your most recent job(s) and why you left   Answer Question
    • What would prevent you from shopping online?   Answer Question
    Everyone was asked what position, they preferred but not everyone was offered their desired position. They offered opportunities based off where they felt you would fit best. "take it or leave it".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sears in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call for an interview the next day. My interview was the following day.The interview was like 20 minutes. All we talked about was asking customers to apply for the credit card and how sears was know for their appliances not their apparel. I got an offer right there. I got an email to complete the drug test and background check 2 days later. I went the next morning to do my drug test and by the morning after that I got a welcome aboard e mail to fill out hr documents online. Total time- applied Thursday,called for interview Friday,interview was Saturday, got e mail for background and drug test Monday, did drug test Tuesday, welcome e mail on Wedensday. Fastest interview process for a retail store ever.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. I didn't even ask bout the pay. Completely forgot.

Cashier Interview

There were 2 interviews,I had to call in many times previously to make sure they noticed me. Both interviews were really easy due to the fact that they were low on employees, so they really just need more people

Interview Questions
    • what would you say to someone to get them to sign up for a sears credit card   Answer Question