Sears Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after 3 days I got a call from human resource to schedule an interview.There were two interviews. The first one was about previous experience and customer service questions. She then gave me the interview form to answer some specific questions, I got the chance to read all the possible interview questions the second interviewer was going to ask.They asked what time I was available. Went for the second interview the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
    Tell me about a goal someone set for you and how did you achieve it
    Tell me about a time you exceeded your managers expectation.
    Tell me about a time you solved an urgent problem for someone.
    How would you convince someone to sign up for a credit card and other store programs?
    3 challenges you encounter while shopping online. How would you convince a customer to shop online in spite of these challenges?
    Tell me about a time you helped someone shop online.
    What do you expect from your manager

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, called within a few days to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by two people, I was told that I was hired and to go home and wait for email messages to arrive regarding paperwork I needed to fill out.

The next evening close to 11pm, I received one email prompting me to sign a form. I was told that I would be emailed more information with my start date, hours, etc., but this never happened. I responded to an email message sent checking the status, I never heard back. It has been quite a while since then.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Bellevue, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very simple. Questions just look to see if you are comfortable with working for someone else's goals. They also go over your resume and it helps if you have had previous cashier experience. Overall, though, this is an entry-level job and there isn't much in your way as long as you don't have a criminal history/obvious signs that you are a good fit. The second interviewer decided she was fine with just the first interviewer interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• When was one time you had to put someone else's needs before yours?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 2 days later. I missed the call and tried calling back multiple times but could never get a hold of anyone. Luckily they told me the day and time they wanted me to come in in the message. I showed up 20 minutes before the time I was suppose to and ended up waiting an extra half hour after the interview was suppose to start. It was a group interview with about 10 other people. The interviewer talked about the job and asked 2 questions, but only had one person answer them. The whole process lasted 5 minutes. We were told we were never told when we would receive a call back and didn't allow us to ask any questions at the end. A week later I received an email saying they didn't want me for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in work you helped a customer when they didn't deserve it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview process went through 3 rounds. First round with general manager, second round with cashier lead and third round with the store operations manager. They asked generic interview questions, nothing unexpected and I really liked how they took interest in my background and past experiences. I connected well with one of them because she shared the same alma matter. I came back for the 2nd and 3rd interviews the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and past retail experiences   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later. Interview process took about 30 minutes. There are two interviews. If you make it past the first one, then you will probably get the job. Its very important to arrive on time and dress professional. They love seeing that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Muskegon, MI).

Interview

Quick and easy. Was there under 30 minutes. Talked to two ladies and then was given the job on the spot. They then had me fill out the paper work and even offered me to start training that day.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on Tuesday.
    Received phone call on Wednesday to schedule interview for Thursday at 4pm.
    When I went in for interview, I Was told they wanted to hire me but was not made official job offer and wage was not discussed.
    They called me for Orientation Wednesday and I went to Orientation on Thursday at 10am. My first day was Sunday.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Shady. She was barefoot, on her smart phone facebooking, on amazon buying things. Had me sit there and ask if I needed anything and she was like well the interview is over. It was easy, but it was kinda ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... (Basic questions)   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The first interview was a short meet and greet but management makes you feel very relaxed so you tend to leave feeling optimistic. The second interview was great the manager had me "play" ring a customer and we took turns perfecting it. I was very at ease and genuinely laughing during my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time yoy had to go above and beyond your job duties   1 Answer