Sears Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.1

191 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears.

I had a few interviews but I was already hired on the second interview and asked to bring important documents and a big smile. I was not nervous at all all I really did was asked a few company questions and provided previous past work experiences.

Interview Questions
  • I really was not asked a difficult question that I couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

I applied online after seeing an add on craigslist. They called and set up an interview over the phone. I was told to meet with the manager. I went and was asked to wait because my interviewer was busy. After the interview, I was called later that day for the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How has your customer service experience been in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call about a few days later. The first interview was with a manager and went pretty quick. I didn't think I got the job, but I was called back later for a second interview. During the second interview, there was a group of 10 applicants being interviewed by the entire team of managers, and they also gave us a tour of the store. It took about an hour, and after it finished, everyone was offered a job

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions like "Why did you pick Sears" and "what does customer service mean to you," but there was also a part where we had to try and sell them a pen to show your salesman skills   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears.

I applied online and a few days later, I got a call for an interview. I had my interview the next day and was asked simple questions that started with "Tell me about a time when..." The manager I interviewed with was very nice and friendly. After I asked my questions about the job position, I was told that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had two tasks to complete, what did you do to complete them?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Applied online and scheduled an in-person interview right after submission of application. There were two interviews, first one with the HR manager, second was with store manager in the same day. Received an offer after second interview.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears in June 2014.

It was mostly behavioral questions (Name a time when...). Also they had questions about the company like if you were comfortable selling sears card. The store was busy during the time so my interviewer work with another customer in between while helping another customer. It was fairly easy but their were questions that caught me off guard.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you had to complete a task but needed to work on another task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

Applied online, easy questionnaire. Was contacted 3 days after finishing application and set up interview time. Arrived at store for an interview. Store manager who was supposed to interview me was 'in a meeting' during the time we had agreed on, so I was interviewed by the lead cashier. She didn't seem to really know what she was doing - all of her interview questions came out of a packet they use to guide their interviews. No one apparently reviewed my application because all the questions they asked were answered in my application. Had a second interview that same day with the store manager after his meeting. Seemed very cold and standoffish. Kept pressuring me to accept a different job as a sales associate in the tools department (where I know nothing about) instead of the cashier position I applied for. When I asked questions after the interview, he showed himself to not be very knowledgeable about his own store (when will I start, how long is training, etc).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult - the majority were "describe a time when you..." (offered excellent customer service, had to work as a team, etc.)   Answer Question

They were unorganized and not very knowledgeable about their own store. Also wanted me to push credit card apps, reward programs, etc. on customers and I am not pushy enough for them.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Applied online and after 2 days they called me for interview. The interview is easy and its just about your past experience,behavioral and situational. The first interviewer is nice and the interview was about 10 mins and then he told me to wait for another interview. After 5 mins of waiting the second interviewer is there and interview me for 5 mins and just the same questions.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Submitted an application online. I received a call about a day later and interviewed with the former cashier lead. He asked a bunch of " tell me about a time when". He said the interview went well and he wanted me to interview with the assistant manager. The assistant manager didn't have to many questions and hired me one spot.

Interview Questions
    No, they start everyone of at 7.25 (minimum wage). After your first 5 credit apps for the month, they do give you $2 per a credit app (Sometimes $4)

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in May 2014.

I applied online and received a call about 4 days later to schedule an interview. I showed up 15 mins early and waited around for about 30. I was walked to the back of the store where the offices are and interviewed with a lady. She wAs very nice and made me feel comfortable almost like I was talking to a friend. Everyone was so friendly and nice to me. I had two separate interviews that day. The first one went great she said she really liked me and told me she was calling down the higher up manager for a second interview she was also nice.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to choose between helping another employee and doing your work   Answer Question