Sears

2.1

199 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in August 2014.

I applied online and received a call within about a week to come in for an interview the next day. I completed a job simulation on the computer the night before. It wasn't super hard. The guy that interviewed me was very nice. He described the position to me, asked if I would be okay offering credit cards to customers, and we briefly went over my work history. I spent a lot of time wondering when the actual interview would start. When it did, he asked a total of 2 questions and then offered me the job. The entire meeting took about 20 minutes. Overall, a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to provide great customer service.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had a very important task to complete.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Cashier Interview

They first make you take an hour and a half quiz. It is very repetitive. Based on the results of the quiz, you are either prompted to choose a time for an interview or they just say "thank you, we will contact you if you want to be interviewed." If you aren't prompted to choose a time, you won't get the interview. Then you get interviewed, and they ask you almost nothing.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Applied online. Quick and easy. Got invited in for an interview with an assistant manager within 3 or 4 days. Interviewed with assistant manager and followed up with a store manager immediately after the first interview. Hired on the spot. E-mails indicating further steps.

Interview Questions
    • A customer has been waiting on a sales associate on a day where lines seem endless and everyone is busy, when addressing the customer, why do you want to refrain from saying "sorry for the wait"?   View Answer
    Straight forward acceptance with pay and job clearly defined beforehand.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears.

I had a few interviews but I was already hired on the second interview and asked to bring important documents and a big smile. I was not nervous at all all I really did was asked a few company questions and provided previous past work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • I really was not asked a difficult question that I couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

I applied online after seeing an add on craigslist. They called and set up an interview over the phone. I was told to meet with the manager. I went and was asked to wait because my interviewer was busy. After the interview, I was called later that day for the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How has your customer service experience been in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call about a few days later. The first interview was with a manager and went pretty quick. I didn't think I got the job, but I was called back later for a second interview. During the second interview, there was a group of 10 applicants being interviewed by the entire team of managers, and they also gave us a tour of the store. It took about an hour, and after it finished, everyone was offered a job

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions like "Why did you pick Sears" and "what does customer service mean to you," but there was also a part where we had to try and sell them a pen to show your salesman skills   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears.

I applied online and a few days later, I got a call for an interview. I had my interview the next day and was asked simple questions that started with "Tell me about a time when..." The manager I interviewed with was very nice and friendly. After I asked my questions about the job position, I was told that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had two tasks to complete, what did you do to complete them?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Applied online and scheduled an in-person interview right after submission of application. There were two interviews, first one with the HR manager, second was with store manager in the same day. Received an offer after second interview.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears in June 2014.

It was mostly behavioral questions (Name a time when...). Also they had questions about the company like if you were comfortable selling sears card. The store was busy during the time so my interviewer work with another customer in between while helping another customer. It was fairly easy but their were questions that caught me off guard.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time where you had to complete a task but needed to work on another task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

Applied online, easy questionnaire. Was contacted 3 days after finishing application and set up interview time. Arrived at store for an interview. Store manager who was supposed to interview me was 'in a meeting' during the time we had agreed on, so I was interviewed by the lead cashier. She didn't seem to really know what she was doing - all of her interview questions came out of a packet they use to guide their interviews. No one apparently reviewed my application because all the questions they asked were answered in my application. Had a second interview that same day with the store manager after his meeting. Seemed very cold and standoffish. Kept pressuring me to accept a different job as a sales associate in the tools department (where I know nothing about) instead of the cashier position I applied for. When I asked questions after the interview, he showed himself to not be very knowledgeable about his own store (when will I start, how long is training, etc).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult - the majority were "describe a time when you..." (offered excellent customer service, had to work as a team, etc.)   Answer Question

They were unorganized and not very knowledgeable about their own store. Also wanted me to push credit card apps, reward programs, etc. on customers and I am not pushy enough for them.