Sears

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in September 2014.

Applied, that same day got a phone call saying they wanted to meet me. I did two interview the same day with two different people, questions were easy a lot of questions were they ask for an example for a personal experience.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time you had to provide great customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sears in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call for an interview the next day. My interview was the following day.The interview was like 20 minutes. All we talked about was asking customers to apply for the credit card and how sears was know for their appliances not their apparel. I got an offer right there. I got an email to complete the drug test and background check 2 days later. I went the next morning to do my drug test and by the morning after that I got a welcome aboard e mail to fill out hr documents online. Total time- applied Thursday,called for interview Friday,interview was Saturday, got e mail for background and drug test Monday, did drug test Tuesday, welcome e mail on Wedensday. Fastest interview process for a retail store ever.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. I didn't even ask bout the pay. Completely forgot.

Cashier Interview

There were 2 interviews,I had to call in many times previously to make sure they noticed me. Both interviews were really easy due to the fact that they were low on employees, so they really just need more people

Interview Questions
    • what would you say to someone to get them to sign up for a sears credit card   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online about 4 or 5 hours later I got a phone call from the HR manager to come in for an interview the next day. I went in for the interview. I had to wait for a few minutes because there was an issue with a customer. He took me in sat me down and just asked the regular questions. And we kinda just chatted. He told me what the job entailed asked me if I was ok pushing credit. All of which I was used to I had worked at Sears before so it was nothing new. After the interview concluded he said did I have more time to sit and talk with the operations manager I did have time however the manager did not have the time. He said to come in the next day for the interview and to bring my drivers license and SS card because he felt I was going to get a job offer right then. So I went in the next day and the operations manager was a little more of a business interview and it lasted longer. She said she was going to talk to the HR manager she left for no longer than 2 minutes came back and said that they were offering me the job. I filled out all the paperwork right there and that afternoon they called and set me up for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any hard questions. They just asked if I was ok with asking people for credit applications several times.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in August 2014.

I applied online and received a call within about a week to come in for an interview the next day. I completed a job simulation on the computer the night before. It wasn't super hard. The guy that interviewed me was very nice. He described the position to me, asked if I would be okay offering credit cards to customers, and we briefly went over my work history. I spent a lot of time wondering when the actual interview would start. When it did, he asked a total of 2 questions and then offered me the job. The entire meeting took about 20 minutes. Overall, a wonderful experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to provide great customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a very important task to complete.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

They first make you take an hour and a half quiz. It is very repetitive. Based on the results of the quiz, you are either prompted to choose a time for an interview or they just say "thank you, we will contact you if you want to be interviewed." If you aren't prompted to choose a time, you won't get the interview. Then you get interviewed, and they ask you almost nothing.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Applied online. Quick and easy. Got invited in for an interview with an assistant manager within 3 or 4 days. Interviewed with assistant manager and followed up with a store manager immediately after the first interview. Hired on the spot. E-mails indicating further steps.

Interview Questions
    • A customer has been waiting on a sales associate on a day where lines seem endless and everyone is busy, when addressing the customer, why do you want to refrain from saying "sorry for the wait"?   View Answer
    Straight forward acceptance with pay and job clearly defined beforehand.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears.

I had a few interviews but I was already hired on the second interview and asked to bring important documents and a big smile. I was not nervous at all all I really did was asked a few company questions and provided previous past work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • I really was not asked a difficult question that I couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

I applied online after seeing an add on craigslist. They called and set up an interview over the phone. I was told to meet with the manager. I went and was asked to wait because my interviewer was busy. After the interview, I was called later that day for the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How has your customer service experience been in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call about a few days later. The first interview was with a manager and went pretty quick. I didn't think I got the job, but I was called back later for a second interview. During the second interview, there was a group of 10 applicants being interviewed by the entire team of managers, and they also gave us a tour of the store. It took about an hour, and after it finished, everyone was offered a job

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions like "Why did you pick Sears" and "what does customer service mean to you," but there was also a part where we had to try and sell them a pen to show your salesman skills   Answer Question