Sears Interview Questions in Charlottesville, VA

1.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Charlottesville, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online for sears sales associate job and got call from vacuum department. A single round of interview with department manager. At the same place GM came and asked couple of questions. Be urself and answer questions. Got offer on the spot.

Got personal problems

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Charlottesville, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Took me in a room in the back the size of an interrogation room. Asked me some questions then had me take this little quiz while she walked away and laughed and talked with someone. I had been done 15 mins before she came back in there. She then told me to come with her and she said she wanted me to go up to this man and try to get him to sign up for the shop your way rewards program after he politely declined, he said I did a great job and then I found out he was actually the assistant manager. She then had him talk to me for awhile then she came back in and told me that I had the job and took me in the office to take an assessment quiz and create my account. I spent a whole week doing assessments and computer training,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

I've heard horrible things about the store but decided to apply anyway because I really needed a job. I applied online and at the end of the application was able to choose an interview time which was confirmed. I arrived at the store unable to find the HR department and anyone to ask since the employees ignore you. I had to ask someone not working there which way to go. I arrived at Customer Service and asked the woman if she can point me in the right direction. She took my name then after an eternity looking on the computer said, "You applied for Cashier and we aren't hiring for that so you can apply again for Commissioned Sales and anyway that woman to interview you won't be here for an hour anyway." They shouldn't allow you to pick your own interview time if they won't have anyone there. Also why let people apply if there's no chance of hiring them? It is no surprise to me that Sears is the store in town. I thought K-Mart was worse but was wrong.