Sears

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for sears sales associate job and got call from vacuum department. A single round of interview with department manager. At the same place GM came and asked couple of questions. Be urself and answer questions. Got offer on the spot.

Interview Question – Questions about previous sales exp.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got personal problems

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in December 2010.

Interview Details – I've heard horrible things about the store but decided to apply anyway because I really needed a job. I applied online and at the end of the application was able to choose an interview time which was confirmed. I arrived at the store unable to find the HR department and anyone to ask since the employees ignore you. I had to ask someone not working there which way to go. I arrived at Customer Service and asked the woman if she can point me in the right direction. She took my name then after an eternity looking on the computer said, "You applied for Cashier and we aren't hiring for that so you can apply again for Commissioned Sales and anyway that woman to interview you won't be here for an hour anyway." They shouldn't allow you to pick your own interview time if they won't have anyone there. Also why let people apply if there's no chance of hiring them? It is no surprise to me that Sears is the store in town. I thought K-Mart was worse but was wrong.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears interview questions and advice in Charlottesville, VA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.