Sears Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.7

124 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Category Manager II - Travel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in May 2013.

After having a phone interview with HR, I was invited to the Hoffman Estates campus and interviewed by four people over a three hour period from the procurement team. Three of the four people were very nice and asked the typical interview questions. One of the newer VP's of procurement was unbelievably horrible to me when I couldn't answer questions regarding CPSM classes that involved supply management practices. These practices have nothing to do with the travel procurement category because this is managed differently. I took the classes several years ago and he was involved in the first stages of learning the course. Thank goodness he showed his true colors in the interview, I wouldn't want to work for this person. I have a feeling others don't want to either.

Interview Questions
    • There was one essay question and then other questions from the CPSM exams such as-

Knowledge of a firm's strengths and weaknesses, changes in the business environment, historical trends, and management goals are:

A. components of a firm's mission statement.

B. useful in assessing the firm's marketing budget.

C. the basis for selecting target markets.

D. critical for developing a public relations plan
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in May 2013.

Hiring process very quick, contacted me within a week to let me know if I got the job. Interview over the phone (only interview I got) didn't require me to code, but asked questions about data structures and analysis instead.

Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Solicited thru e-mail. Then a 5 minute phone interview. Then rwo face to face interviews. Only asked if 100% commission was OK.

100% commission. Take it or leave it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears in April 2013.

First 30 mins phone interview followed by In-person interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much difficult for experienced. But basic architectural questions   View Answer

Company is not doing great. Technology is not interesting.

Merchandise Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sears in February 2013.

I met with a recruiter on campus for a 45 minute interview. A few weeks later, I got a call that I had made it to the next round of interviews in Hoffman Estates, IL. They put me up in a very nice hotel for the night. There were four of us interviewing. We sat in a row the managers and some new hires sat in a row across from us. We were allowed to ask open questions. From there we had two one on one interviews with managers, followed by lunch, and then a leaderless group activity (we were given a product and pitched why it should be product of the month). Overall, it was very insightful and gave me a good idea (I think) of what I am getting myself into.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is your biggest weakness? Standard Q's really.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I was not sure that was an option. I think I may have made a rookie mistake.

Director of Business Development & Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears in February 2013.

Spoke with people in the online/e-commerce part of Sears. While they were pleasant and there is some interesting growth, I fond that they did not create an overall favorable impression of Sears in general. Many of them said they would not want to be at Sears if not working in the online division.

Interview Questions
    • It was a fairly routine interview and there was nothing terribly unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Route Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears in February 2013.

the hiring process was pretty easy. i applied online the called me the next day to set up a phone interview and after that you go on from there and go for a one on one interview at the office. if they like you, you will most likely get a call the next day.

Interview Questions
    • for me it was probably do you like working by yourself or working as a team. for me im in between because it depends on what im working on.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears in February 2013.

They asked about experience and previous projects and how you handled them. They went through step by step of those projects and reviewed how the applicant communicated with the stakeholders and how process and methodology would apply to their current culture. It was really straightforward and semi formal. I would expect the same from any employer that would be seeking talent to their PMO. I'm surprised they did not require the PMP certification but it was something they asked about in the interview. The best way in to this company is to know someone at the corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • What the next steps would be in education or certifications   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

I had 3 interviews. My first interview was on the phone with a woman in HR. SHe called me back about 5 days later and I came in for another interview with 2 buyers. My last interview was with the Divisional Merchandise Manager. Everyone I interviewed with was so friendly and I could tell that's what the atmosphere would be like.

Interview Questions
    • I was prepared for what they would ask me regarding my past job history. I had little buying experience prior and wondering and what they would ask me about how I would be fit for the position instead of someone else... but I am confident in my qualifications so I told them what I thought the day in the life of a buyer would be like and what I'd be excited to do.   Answer Question
    I asked for a higher pay only because typically businesses lowball you in this economy and I was turned down for the extra 3,000 a year, but Sears pays VERY well in my opinion so I was so happy with the amount I did end up accepting. And if we met quota we get a 5% bonus.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears in December 2012.

Recruiter mails me and schedules a first 'fit' phone interview.
    He schedules the next two (phone) interviews during this first round itself- One with the hiring manager and the next one with a VP.
    Mostly resume based questions and little behavioral.
    Scheduled next round, on-site, in Chicago, after 1 week.
    Had total 5 interviews, back-to-back, from morning to evening.