Sears Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.8

Event Pricing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by the manager and director of Kmart Grocery. Had to wait over month to hear back from the hiring team, and I was already an employee, and even though I was a current employee and only moving from one depatment to another, all of my benefits were cancelled and my badge was disabled, so I had to go through the whole process of getting my benfits restored and badge reinstated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. I would advice others to negotiate a little higher than what you will accept.

Buyer Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter emailed me over a month later to set up a phone interview. She was very pleasant on the phone and asked very relevant questions. Be prepared to answer "Why Sears?"
    A week and a half later I was emailed and asked to select dates I was available to do an in person interview. They pay for a flight and car to take you to the hotel and back to the airport.
    You will take a short math test mostly based on the guide you are provided. There were two 1:2 interviews with merchandisers or buyer teams.
    Finally there is a case study. You are giving ten minutes to read over a case about who to invest in. You are supposed to argue your case to the other interviewees and come to a decision on who to invest in.

Didn't like the Chicago area

Technology@Sears Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This is the new program which is the revamp of the earlier TLP Program. There were 3 rounds with 2 interviews and 1 group session. The interviews were very much based on previous experience and future expectations.

Interview Questions

• Top 3 skills required for a product manager, and the processes and tools to be used for each.   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Initial communications were very good up to and through the second round of phone interviews. Upon traveling to the HQ; however, things got odd. Airport arrival and hotel arrangements were made, but very cold. Entry into the mothership was also very austere. The interview process seemed to be just that--a process. It was the strangest onsite interview I had ever encountered. I had absolutely no follow up response despite reaching out to them. Suffice to say, I'm grateful an offer was not extended as I might have been tempted to relocate to the city. Not surprising given the company's status, but it seemed to be an every wo/man for himself scenario.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Got a call from HR. Thought to give a try even though I was not convinced to join SHC. Phone interview followed by a written test. It was unexpected to have such an analytical written test for a company like Sears. The in person was well organized and the interviewers were friendly. Algorithms, Data structures, web services, SOA. surprised to see a puzzle questions. People looked motivated though they were not very clear to answer when asked about future. Overall looked like attending an amazon interview :)

Interview Questions

• Everything was unexpected - DS, Algorithms, Design elevator, puzzle to solve a problem - Typical amazon, google type of questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was good and was not very much negotiable.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

4 rounds of onsite interview after initial HR call

Interview Questions

• Write program for Binary search.   Answer Question
    • write a program to reverse string. write a program to find first non repeating letter from the string. what is the good thing about IE. explain linked list. What is servlet.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

The online application asked many questions that should be held until later in the process (e.g. SSN and references were required). Otherwise the process was very organized. Talked with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager a couple days later. Received call back within hours to schedule in-person interview with hiring manager and team member. Recruiter confirmed interview with an email that included directions and benefits information. When I arrived, the receptionist handed me a folder with my itinerary and information about the company. Everyone I talked with was professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• There were several situational questions. How have you dealt with a difficult team member? How do you create good relationships with stakeholders?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Contacted a recruiter. There were 3 rounds, they asked questions on data structures mostly...also some design questions. Difficulty level was moderate to difficult, but yes the interview process is more like Amazon.

The second telephonic round is the toughest, you should get the job if you get through.
    One person asks questions but there are other 4 persons listening!!!

In the onsite interview same questions were repeated and 2 of 4 interviewers were absent. I really liked talking with the principal architect though as he was very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Design a game of poker( I didn't know how to play poker and offered to explain blackjack and they accepted).   Answer Question

The offer was great..but I already had another good offer from another company...and was not too sure about the future of Sears..

Lean Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Very quick to respond. There were 2 interviews - Mostly asked about my past experience, roles and responsibilities, asked questions to find out if i was a good fit for their role. The interviewers were friendly - It was more like a flow of conversation. A few behavioral aspects from my past job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate and got them to increase my salary slightly.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I Walked in Filled out and application was inteview by HR associate then the department manager/store manager walked out with the job. I was lucky that day i fit the profile.

Interview Questions

• If your shift ended and no replacement had arrived what would you do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotion phase . I left not even knowing what my hourly rate was going to be . Christmas was coming and I wanted to be working.I was just happy that they chose me as this was not my first time applying to this company.