Sears Consultative Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2014

2.0

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Called me after about a week after I filled out an application. Told me the position I applied for wasn't available but another position was open and if I was interested to go apply. I did that and got called in for a interview about a week later. Asked me questions like my greatest accomplishment so far and some obstacles I have overcome thus far and how I overcame them.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Sears is always hiring because of the HUGE turn over rate. The interviews consist of verification of you breathing.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You will get paid below minimum wage and usually not have enough customers actually come into the store to make much more than minimum wage.

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sears.

Great relaxing enviroment during interview

still not sure in training so havent had my base pay added w/comm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2013.

submitted on line and called in for a interview. first was with the regional manager, very casual.
    second interview with sales manager. Just a few questions. He said,ok. we will give it a try with you. I was hired.

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

I had worked there a few years before so the management knew me and liked me. A new supervisor, however, interviewed me. He asked questions about how I'd deal with certain customers and what sales techniques work best. He also asked about my former employment with Sears.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me to tell him about a tough situation I faced when I worked there before. When I told him honestly about the toughest one, it was a good thing because he had heard about it and I was able to address his potential concerns.   Answer Question
    None. It's paid on straight commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sears in November 2012.

2 interviews. one with your intimidate supervisor and one with store manager. both are slow and go over are you trustworthy. all of the interview process is a question and answer based on if they can trust you with money to show up for work and that you will not give discounts to people unless they push up to next level of management.

Interview Questions
    • can yo u pass a drug test. was most unexpected because private recreational drug use has nothing to do with standing around selling lawnmowers.   Answer Question
    there is no negotiation phase. you accept or decline job and they have set pay scale. no room for haggle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in September 2012.

On line application process with psych screening with many questions, automatically scheduled interview. Couldn't answer salary question - past salary too high for offered range. Came in as scheduled, no one was expecting me, interviewed anyway. Very odd process. Ended up in a different department then I expected.

Interview Questions
    • Salary, since I have professional experience.   View Answer
    No. Only take this job if you are desperate or need some retail experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in September 2012.

I had to interview with 3 different people before they finally offered me a position. I thought they were all positive and maybe just didn't know where to place me. I followed up and made sure to call them at least once a week. It took me a month to be hired on.

Interview Questions
    • Always difficult to come up with past experiences to relate to 'how did you handle this situation in the past' questions.   Answer Question
    Needed work so there was really no negotiation. You need to say you are available for all hours, every day of the week and that helps. Just don't expect any pay increases. They don't happen.

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2012.

Three rounds of interviews with varying levels of management. Usually goes from meeting with H.R., then off to a random manager of a specific department (usually whoever is unlucky enough to be on duty), then a final interview with your potential manager OR the Operations Manager. The questions are fairly easy and none are unexpected. Be prepared to explain how your experiences (if any) relate to the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Sears, specifically.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lufkin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lufkin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in October 2011.

It was very simple. After filling out the app online, there was a pop up window that asked me to schedule and interview. I interviewed and was hired that same day.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!