Sears Consultative Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Concord, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

People were very nice and cordial, made me envision myself working there. Everyone on staff seemed to have great chemistry as well. Both hiring managers were very nice and approachable. Also visitors to the store seem very friendly. Next, I was given a clear run down on policies and protocol. Overall I felt it would be a great place to land my first job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you got a customer to purchase an item, even though they did not intend to make a purchase.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The manager me asked behavioral questions

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I met with an associate who was not prepared for the interview so another manager was called in I came to interview for cashier but she looked at my attire and make up and asked had i ever sold jewelry which i had thus she put me in the fine jewelry department near cosmetics.

Interview Questions

• it was more of the typical questions tell me about yourself and tell me about your experiences in your last positions this lady actually pretty much pushed the job on me i later found out that position was very difficult and not many people wanted it   1 Answer

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed to come in to interview. The interview was a one on one interview. Most of the questions were pretty typical for a retail type question. Sears will hire anyone who can breathe

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

They called me, asked a little about me. Then I actually went to the store without informing them and asked for my status. They interviewed me on the spot. They tried to act tough, telling me that this job is hard and I'm going to be constantly pushed for performance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you experienced someone that was difficult to work with. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Online application was long and boring, after such a rigerous hiring progress I just expected much more. Drug testing and background checks are also administered through hr. As long as you apply and pass both you essentially have the job.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from previous sales experience?   1 Answer

Consultive Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Long Beach, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

very quick and simple . They process you pretty fast but they did take 2 months to respond to me . The hr team is very helpful and they assign a guy ti call you throughout the process and he is very helpful because he will check up ion you everyday

Interview Questions

• have you ever been in a situation where you had to overcome a problem ?   Answer Question

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Called me after about a week after I filled out an application. Told me the position I applied for wasn't available but another position was open and if I was interested to go apply. I did that and got called in for a interview about a week later. Asked me questions like my greatest accomplishment so far and some obstacles I have overcome thus far and how I overcame them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Prescott, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

Before the actual interview process, each prospective employee must complete an online personality trait quiz. Company manager asked the usual....have you any experience for this position, shift availability and asked me if I could work any and all major holidays. After meeting with the 1st manager, a second meeting was scheduled with the department manager that I would be working for. A third meeting and orientation was scheduled with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• "Can you work Thanksgiving evening, any time between 6 PM and the following day?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Sears is always hiring because of the HUGE turn over rate. The interviews consist of verification of you breathing.

Interview Questions

• Can you use a computer (seriously)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You will get paid below minimum wage and usually not have enough customers actually come into the store to make much more than minimum wage.