Sears

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Michigan City, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in November 2013.

Interview Details – Its been a year and a half since I was interviewed but I remember it being a very casual process. I submitted my application online, was called in for an interview within a couple days and get hired at the end of my interview.

Interview Question – Trying to explain why I would be good in this position even though I didn't have a ton of automotive experience was the most difficult thing for me.   Answer Question

Merritt Island, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process took place on the first day. Interview with HR rep was quick and easy. She offered me several positions in the store I did not apply for. Second interview took place the same day with department manager. He was dressed in blue jeans and a Harley Davidson shirt. He asked me about my automotive experience. We realized we knew the same people from the industry and he sent me for a drug test. A week later, I started working.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No ability to negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Lakewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in January 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with the Sales Lead (sort of an assistant manager) and one with the store manager. The questions were all very typical. Like:
Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult situation
Tell me about a time when you exceeded a customer's expectations
Tell me about a time when you turned a negative into a postive

Interview Question – The questions were very easy and predicatable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the pay is what it is.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Phone interview questions about working Sundays and holidays about 4 weeks later. 1:1 interview one week later. Group interview that same day. Drug test the next day. Offer made at that time, contingent on background check. Background check took 5 weeks. The five weeks was due to the company doing the background check sending the results to the wrong person. It never made it to HR, to this day one year later it still has not been found! The background check had to be done all over again.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work Sundays?   View Answer
  • Can you work long hours on your feet in a fast paced environment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate, for auto center pay.The full line store maybe different. Unless you are ok with working every Sunday and all major holidays, do not apply.

Wilmington, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in September 2007.

Interview Details – a week after my initial application I was call for an interview, It took just some minutes for the manager to find out that I have a solid automotive parts bacgroud and then I was bilingual. they offer me $5.5 an hour plus commission and I was told that I can make from 15 To 18 an hour. wich is not true the highest I make was about 13.89 and hour wich will be your benefit rate if you do sales a lot like 20000 every two weeks.

Negotiation Details – there was no negociation you take or leave it. That all they will promess you that you will be making a lot of money but there $20000 sales is about $500. If you on a busy area that can be good if not look for something else

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Customer Service Advisor interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.