Sears Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears (Mobile, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

I had the group interview first, I answered like six or seven questions. After that my final interview was some role playing with a manager and listening to a few calls.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to use your listening skills and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Apply on-line and take assessment, called within a week, HR was sick. 2 interviews. 1st over the phone, 2nd in person. Q&A, situation questions. Bkgrd consent and drug test after offer accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears (Winter Park, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Worst interview process. The questions they ask and the criterias are not relevant For the job. The recruiter really needs to be more humble and never forget the start from 0 in the past.

Interview Questions

• What type of service do you manage?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

They will ask about 5-8 questions in regards to experiences in dealing with difficult customers and how you were able to solve the issue. They also ask questions in regards to examples of how to handle certain situations in the previous work place. The entire interview process is about 15-30 minutes with 2 people interviewing you and writing down everything you say (barely any eye-contact). Be sure to dress professionally and always be prepared to ask 1-2 questions in regards to the position that you are wanting.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to achieve in becoming a csr and why? OR What makes great customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Coming in to an entry level position is very easy. Their base rates are basically the same, anywhere from $10-$13 hr for customer service reps.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears in May 2013.

Interview

After I had applied the phone call to set up an interview was pretty quick. First part of the interview process was an interview with the recruiter, he was understanding that I couldn't do a phone interview at the time he called, very simple scenario questions were asked (Tell me about a time were.... type of questions) then I as sat down with a current employee from the front line team and an associate from the technical specialist team. These were both a possible position I could have been in. We listened to some calls for a while to see how the call flow would go. Then after sometime I sat with a manager and did a role playing exercise where I was handed a scenario with some information about a product she would ask me about and I was to assist this customer. I was hired on the spot and went into my orientation soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Some scenario questions didn't really pertain to a school situation or a work related situation that I had experienced so it was a bit difficult to be able to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

The Hiring process is good the Human Resource person is really nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• She just ask about previous experience that would help with work at Sears, and what hours are you available.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none you either except or don't have the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sears (Round Rock, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Initial interview with time listening in on the call floor, testing, reinterview with roll playing

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are really hard, just be sincere   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, you have to take what is offered

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Got reference thru a friend and was called for a personal interview

Interview Questions

• What is the attractive part of a customer service representative's job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy one step

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (London, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a smooth process. Friendly H R associate. Made me feel welcome