Sears Electronics Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.3

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was very easy, got called after applying online. Went for 1 face to face interview and was hired on the spot. interview lasted about 30 minutes. Was required to wait until my interview time. Was not allowed to interview before scheduled time even though I was there early.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They were really nice and worked to help me as it was my first job and I was still in high school. The store manager even gave me tips for future interviews before hiring me for the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult decision you've ever had to make in regards to any kind of work?   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears (Lake Jackson, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

They work with you on dates to come in for each interview. It is a three step process, where you would speak to the human resources manager, then the ASM of the department you are applying for, and last the store's general manager. The most difficult person to be interviewed by is the ASM, because they are going to be more critical of how you answer questions according to how you would work in that specific department. The only part I wasn't quite happy with was that they make you wait several hours in the waiting room before they actually start the interviewing process, because they plan poorly for each set time on the interviewees. They like it when you are super energetic about the job, and you get extra brownie points if you say you are a Sears loyalty customer as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to buy a product they were reluctant about purchasing?   1 Answer

They offered to put me in mattresses as well, but I declined because I needed the work experience in electronics. Also, they will try to push you towards joining other departments that are in desperate need of associates.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sears (Tucson, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

Submit application online, pass unicru personality test by either strongly agreeing or strongly disagreeing, and make sure each answer reflects that you are responsible, do not take risks, view everyone else and the world in a cheerful way. Then you take a video assessment with customer interactions. Make sure you always select the "let's look online together" answer when showing a customer a product. At the interview, just appear to be relaxed, articulate, and pretend you don't intend on having any life outside of work and that you will live, eat, and breathe sears. Just stroke the interviewing manager, tell them what they want to hear, and smile while you do it.

Interview Questions

• Why were you interested in Sears?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. just a couple weeks of waiting before orientation.

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Check the web portal for job openings and speak to human resources. Show a willingness to work and an interview should follow shortly. Sales experience is a plus and knowledge of merchandise is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Any questions about a specific situation you have never been in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A basic flat rate plus commission for incoming associate on a part-time basis.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears (Great Falls, MT) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a breeze. I've heard very bad reviews about many of the Sears stores throughout the country, however my store is an exception. The management was very friendly...all the other associates pitched in advice, and the Human Resources was definitely not what I was expecting (A ruthless person in a Darth Vader costume).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Glendale, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Next day interview. Hired on the spot.

Negotiation

Not negotiable.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (McHenry, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

A very short interview that was mainly based around seeing what experience I had in the field.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in sales before?   1 Answer

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears (Marietta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

After you submit an application, the Human Resource rep will contact you and ask you to come in for an one on one interview. While during the interview they ask you about how your work ethics are and i was asked on big question. "Who is the most important person in the store, when trying to get customers to return?" The answer is Cashier. They are the last person customers talk to and they make the relationship between the company and the consumer. Then it is just paper work if they decide to hire you and maybe a drug test.

Interview Questions

• "Who is the most important person in the store, when trying to get customers to return?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

When asking for pay start $1 above what you think you will get payed, don't get too greedy.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Toms River, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview was standard bring a resume talk about strengths and weaknesses and how you can benefit the company. You must have good communication skills. They do not really care about experience they hire students in high school so it's not a problem.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to another employee stealing?   1 Answer