Sears

Sears Electronics Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.5

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

They were really nice and worked to help me as it was my first job and I was still in high school. The store manager even gave me tips for future interviews before hiring me for the holiday season.

Interview Questions
  • What is the most difficult decision you've ever had to make in regards to any kind of work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Jackson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Jackson, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears in October 2013.

They work with you on dates to come in for each interview. It is a three step process, where you would speak to the human resources manager, then the ASM of the department you are applying for, and last the store's general manager. The most difficult person to be interviewed by is the ASM, because they are going to be more critical of how you answer questions according to how you would work in that specific department. The only part I wasn't quite happy with was that they make you wait several hours in the waiting room before they actually start the interviewing process, because they plan poorly for each set time on the interviewees. They like it when you are super energetic about the job, and you get extra brownie points if you say you are a Sears loyalty customer as well.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a customer to buy a product they were reluctant about purchasing?   View Answer

They offered to put me in mattresses as well, but I declined because I needed the work experience in electronics. Also, they will try to push you towards joining other departments that are in desperate need of associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sears in August 2013.

Submit application online, pass unicru personality test by either strongly agreeing or strongly disagreeing, and make sure each answer reflects that you are responsible, do not take risks, view everyone else and the world in a cheerful way. Then you take a video assessment with customer interactions. Make sure you always select the "let's look online together" answer when showing a customer a product. At the interview, just appear to be relaxed, articulate, and pretend you don't intend on having any life outside of work and that you will live, eat, and breathe sears. Just stroke the interviewing manager, tell them what they want to hear, and smile while you do it.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation. just a couple weeks of waiting before orientation.

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in July 2013.

Check the web portal for job openings and speak to human resources. Show a willingness to work and an interview should follow shortly. Sales experience is a plus and knowledge of merchandise is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Any questions about a specific situation you have never been in.   View Answer
    A basic flat rate plus commission for incoming associate on a part-time basis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Falls, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Great Falls, MT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears in June 2013.

The interview process was a breeze. I've heard very bad reviews about many of the Sears stores throughout the country, however my store is an exception. The management was very friendly...all the other associates pitched in advice, and the Human Resources was definitely not what I was expecting (A ruthless person in a Darth Vader costume).

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in November 2012.

Applied online. Next day interview. Hired on the spot.

Not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McHenry, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McHenry, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in September 2012.

A very short interview that was mainly based around seeing what experience I had in the field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears in February 2012.

After you submit an application, the Human Resource rep will contact you and ask you to come in for an one on one interview. While during the interview they ask you about how your work ethics are and i was asked on big question. "Who is the most important person in the store, when trying to get customers to return?" The answer is Cashier. They are the last person customers talk to and they make the relationship between the company and the consumer. Then it is just paper work if they decide to hire you and maybe a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • "Who is the most important person in the store, when trying to get customers to return?"   View Answer
    When asking for pay start $1 above what you think you will get payed, don't get too greedy.

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in August 2008.

Fill out application, go through 1 to 3 interviews with different managers. Go through orientation after hired, then begin training.

Interview Questions
    Positions available and schedule desired as well as pay desired.