Sears Interview Questions

Executive Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview was seamless the interviewer did a fine job the HR Department was thorough.
    The process was smooth. Hiring took less than thirty days. I would recommend to ant potential candidate

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Easy process, asked questions in regards to experiences, asked about sales processes, and how you close the sale. In the interview, you were asked to sell various products. Depending on your answer, you would receive an offer.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interviewed with store manager, then an assistant manager. About a week later a regional manager interviewed me. I was offered the job shortly after the last interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflict with previous supervisor's.   Answer Question

Senior Member Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

When you first get there they take you to the call floor.. They'll sit you next to a seasoned agent and let you listen in on a few of their calls to let you get a feel for the job your interviewing for. Then after about 30-45 minutes they'll take you to an office and ask you some questions. It's pretty easy going for the most part, they ask you about any of your previous work experience that would benefit you in a call center environment. They'll also ask you what skills that you have that qualify you for the position. Then finally they'll ask you to do some role play. The interviewer will pretend to be a disgruntled customer calling in and you have to try and calm them down.. It's inparitive that you don't break character. All they really want to see is how you handle it. Obviously their not looking for a by the book resolution. They just need to know you can keep calm and be professional. If you got the job then they will literally tell you right after the role playing. Basically just breath and be friendly. The way you interact with the interviewer depends a lot on how they feel you'll interact with members on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you feel are most important when dealing with an irate customer?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Shady. She was barefoot, on her smart phone facebooking, on amazon buying things. Had me sit there and ask if I needed anything and she was like well the interview is over. It was easy, but it was kinda ridiculous.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time... (Basic questions)   View Answer

Buyer Apprentice Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

I had applied online. Was contacted to set up a time to have a phone interview. Then was moved forward to the next round. They scheduled a flight to their headquarter office in Hoffman Estates. We were given a tour of the facitlity. Took a written exam. There were 2 rounds of 2:1 interviews and lastly a group project where a panel evaluated how you worked together in a group and fought for more funding for your department.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what you observed when you visited our brick and mortar store? Please breakdown your SWAT evaluation.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

The first interview was a short meet and greet but management makes you feel very relaxed so you tend to leave feeling optimistic. The second interview was great the manager had me "play" ring a customer and we took turns perfecting it. I was very at ease and genuinely laughing during my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time yoy had to go above and beyond your job duties   View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sears.

Campus Interview for 1 hour; Two guys there, the first man was very friendly but the second was kind of rude and impolite anyway. Not sure why they would send someone with terrible communication skills and hiring knowledge. Half hour for either of them.Questions in first talk were unbelievable easy but then I met the second guy who is doing coding things in the company. Basically they use Java in Sears.

Interview Questions
    • In circus people own characteristics of height and weight and can stand on other one's shoulder if lower and lighter. I was asked to find the maximum combination of this game in finite number of people. It belongs to the algorithm questions and is hard among the categories easy, medium, and hard.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

I applied Online . I was called back within the week . Interview went smoothly and was not intimidating at all. I was told they would call me back for a second interview that day or next day. No call, so I called back myself and scheduled my second interview. The interview was very laid back. Im not sure if it went smoothly for me because I prepared and anticipated most of all of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in March 2015.

It went well than I expected only because I got hired on the spot the interviews where a huge pain. Had to answer questions from first the cashier lead then the store manager they were intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you a good fit with our company?   View Answer