Sears

Average Difficulty
1,176 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager In Training (IT) Interview

Assistant Store Manager In Training (IT)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Two pre-hire assessments. They ask you mostly about your personality. *on the weekends I prefer to...a) party, b) read books c) watch television d) go to the club
1st interview- Store manager (followed recent college graduate interview guidelines and questionnaire
2nd interview- Human resources (ask more questions mostly about location, biggest weakness, previous employment experiences)
3rd interview- General Manager (overview of what they are looking for in terms of who should fill the position, leaves it open to questioning)

Interview Question – The most difficult thing was to come up with specific examples from previous employment or college classes. This was just my personal experience because I worked two full time jobs and went to school full time all at once.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Final call was to state salary. There was no negotiating anything in terms of pay or vacation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I had a few interviews but I was already hired on the second interview and asked to bring important documents and a big smile. I was not nervous at all all I really did was asked a few company questions and provided previous past work experiences.

Interview Question – I really was not asked a difficult question that I couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I applied online after seeing an add on craigslist. They called and set up an interview over the phone. I was told to meet with the manager. I went and was asked to wait because my interviewer was busy. After the interview, I was called later that day for the job offer.

Interview Question – How has your customer service experience been in the past?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Merchandising and Pricing Associate
Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview Details – A hardline recruiter called me about 30 minutes after completing the application and online assesment to offer me an interview. i arrived 15 minutes early the interviewer was 30 minutes late. The whole experience was a complete was of time because the recuiter failed to look at my availablility due to working full time already.

Interview Question – A young kind was conducting the interview, no questions were really asked other than what brought me to Sears. Then I was offered the job.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – My availability wasn't inline with what they needed.

Consultative Sales Associate - Electronics Interview

Consultative Sales Associate - Electronics
Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, was then sent a email the next day to attend there job fair. Arrived at job fair and the workers were very unorganized. Some of the people working didn't even know there was a job fair about to take place After waiting for them to set up a rep then checked my application status and sent me to a one on one interview. During this interview i was asked allot of hypothetical questions and availability questions. Then she broke down what my job consisted of and if I had any rejections. After that i was given a second interview with the store manager. The second interview was the next day and the manager went over the sears mission statement, and asked me what I expect out of a manager, the environments of where i previous worked at and then allowed me to ask him questions. I then received an email 2 days later with the the details of the job and i have been accepted The whole process took a week

Interview Question – How has your attitude effected your work with a customer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, Sent you an email after interview as to what you will make.

Brand Central Assistant Store Manager Interview

Brand Central Assistant Store Manager
Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sears in March 2014.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, one over the phone, one with store manager, very basic questions, it is retail after all. Was job offered a month later and it took 2 additional weeks to come on board

Interview Question – Talk about a time you had to help a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Consultative Sales Associate
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sears in November 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. one with your intimidate supervisor and one with store manager. both are slow and go over are you trustworthy. all of the interview process is a question and answer based on if they can trust you with money to show up for work and that you will not give discounts to people unless they push up to next level of management.

Interview Question – can yo u pass a drug test. was most unexpected because private recreational drug use has nothing to do with standing around selling lawnmowers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation phase. you accept or decline job and they have set pay scale. no room for haggle.

Social Media Manager Interview

Social Media Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I got an in person interview via a recruiting agency. The interview was at their city location and was by 3 different people and took 2-3 hours. After all that, I sent thank you notes and follow ups and never heard back. Rude company that is always having turnover and you can always find the same social media positions being posted on job boards.

Interview Question – What do you think the next big thing in social media will be?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later, I got a call for an interview. I had my interview the next day and was asked simple questions that started with "Tell me about a time when..." The manager I interviewed with was very nice and friendly. After I asked my questions about the job position, I was told that I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had two tasks to complete, what did you do to complete them?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Applied online and scheduled an in-person interview right after submission of application. There were two interviews, first one with the HR manager, second was with store manager in the same day. Received an offer after second interview.

Interview Question – What experience do you have working in a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears interview questions and advice. All 1,176 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.