Sears

Updated Jan 20, 2015
1,357 Interview Reviews

2.3

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

Basic interview questions. not very hard at all pretty much just asked what i did at previous job and how it related to the job that i was interviewing for.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Apply online, a few weeks to a month later is a phone call to set up an interview, there are 2 interviews that are either the same day or may be separate days. If you pass the two interviews then you're either extended an offer or rejected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had a project, what happened and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Further explanation about job expectations and wages

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears.

Applied on-line. Had a phone screening, followed by a panel interview with VP and DMM. Then had 2 more interviews with Buyers and DMMs. Everyone was very nice and friendly. No hard questions. Mostly we discussed my previous experiences and their relevance to this position

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Interview was very easy, got called after applying online. Went for 1 face to face interview and was hired on the spot. interview lasted about 30 minutes. Was required to wait until my interview time. Was not allowed to interview before scheduled time even though I was there early.

No negotiation

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears.

I applied online and was emailed to come in to interview. The interview was a one on one interview. Most of the questions were pretty typical for a retail type question. Sears will hire anyone who can breathe

Nope

Software Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sears.

Two rounds of interviews, first one basically going through your resume and asking about your career plan and studying; second round about specific work related questions and you have be study and do research before the second one.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty fair, nothing extremely hard but you have to be well prepared.   Answer Question

Cashier/Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in January 2015.

I applied online. After a week, I had a call to schedule an interview for the following day. I arrived 5 minutes earlier. I went to the Human Resource office, but its door was locked and no one opened the door to answer me. I saw a couple waiting for an interview, so I waited there. Then one of the employees who was passing by asked me if she could help, then she said I should wait and the person I had interview with is gonna be with me soon. I waited for one hour and a half. The couple who were there before me got disappointed and left. Finally he showed up. He was a very nice and friendly man. He appologized for the delay. He went through the interview questions and asked about my schedule. It took maybe around 20 minutes. He said it's gonna be hard for me to go to school 4 days a week and work 3 days a week and I said it's not hard for me. After a little chatting he asked me if I had any questions, so I asked how many hours is a part time job there? he answerd 6 to 25 hours per week. At the end he didn't say if they are gonna call or send an email to inform me of the result or not.

Interview Questions
    • What is the job you want to have if you could have any job in general?( Not only at Sears)   Answer Question

Appliance Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Filled in online application was called in to interview and was then hired 2+ weeks total. After hired, job was not as promised, worked for 3 weeks and yhen it was determined that I was not a good fit to company, in spite of the fact that I had 7 years experience with company in previous job.

Non negotiable

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

It was a very simple and easy interview. I applied online and about a week later I got a call for an interview the next day. It was just me and another older woman waiting for an interview and I went first. The interview was at most 20 minutes and she asked the usual questions you hear for a retail job. She said I would hear back in a few days and I got an email saying I didn't get the job but overall an easy interview!

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you overcame failure and how" "What's your availability" "Who inspires you" "Why do you want to work at Sears"   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Softlines Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

I was an internal candidate. I had to take two online tests to even qualify. I will not lie, they were at times a little hard! There are many questions. One online test took me almost 2 hours! I know that after the two online test came an online interview. I did not have to do that part.

Interview Questions
    • N/A being internal once I passed my tests I surpassed the interview process. (They already knew me & my work ethic!)   Answer Question
    I was very satisfied with my offer so I did not negotiate.