Sears

Updated Feb 26, 2015
1,384 Interview Reviews

2.3

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sears.

Interview process was laid back and very enjoyable. Very nice people. Supervisor was kind and asked a lot of questions about me as a person rather than the basic ABC interview questions. Felt like they really got to know me for the better.

Interview Questions
    • How long I have been working in the field.   View Answer

Cashier Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears.

Went in and talked to the HR people and then was sat down for an interview. I was offered the job on the spot, then again so was everyone else who applied.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to take the blame for someone elses mistake?   Answer Question

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interviewed with a supervisor who then had me interview with one of the dept managers. I was upset because I was coming in for a merchandising & pricing associate position but when I actually got there they told me it was just a regular sales floor position. When I had my 2nd interview after speaking with a supervisor -same day - she wanted me to work in shoes. I said no thanks so she gave me the women's department. Should have known from then that this was a job going downhill quick.

Interview Questions
    • Just standard interview questions. Customer service questions. Pretty basic.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Applied online, took an online customer service test that was interactive about how you would handle different situations at the cash register. The interview was given from a standard question sheet.

Interview Questions
    • What was a challenging experience? What was an accomplishment you were proud of?   Answer Question

It was part-time work and paid only $9 per hour

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears.

I met with an associate who was not prepared for the interview so another manager was called in I came to interview for cashier but she looked at my attire and make up and asked had i ever sold jewelry which i had thus she put me in the fine jewelry department near cosmetics.

Interview Questions
    • it was more of the typical questions tell me about yourself and tell me about your experiences in your last positions this lady actually pretty much pushed the job on me i later found out that position was very difficult and not many people wanted it   View Answer

Analyst II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Met with several of the key directors and manager as well as the vice president. Then I did a case study and a skills test to make sure I understood the work that was required to be done. Each step along the way was about 30 minutes with no break in between. There was then a second interview which consisted of 2-3 people to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • There was a case study that involved your interpretation of widget management and costs.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears.

I filled out the application online, I was sent one assessment and received an email saying I had passed and to take another. After that, I received an email inviting me for a "virtual interview" online where you record you answers to questions and its sent to the HR manager. After that came a phone interview with a recruiter, followed up by an interview with SM and DM.. a few days later I was contacted with an offer

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you solved an old problem with a new solution..   View Answer
    No negotiation.. I didn't attempt it..

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in February 2015.

I applied online, and received a phone call to schedule an interview with HR. I went to the appt. waited over 30 min. Interview lasted less than 10 min. Received rejection e-mail after 5 minutes of leaving the building.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Describe a time you provided or received good customer service.
      2. Do you know about our Shop Your Ways Rewards?
      3. (Interviewer Asked): Pretend I am a customer, and I want to purchase a calculator but in a bigger size, what would you do?

View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in February 2015.

Just one round. Face to face interview. Applied online, and on campus interview were scheduled within a week. The questions were pretty straight forward. Results were declared in next week.

Financial Analyst Interview

interviewed at Sears in February 2015.

Very Very Bad.I got the interview scheduled through one of the employers: Wireclass. Initial round, a generic round for about 45 mins. They said they would give the feedback in 3-4 business days but took a month. Second round was totally crap. The interviewer did not know what was he interviewing for? He never introduced himself. It was supposed to be a skype round, but they shifted to normal phone round. Reason by the interviewer was that the weather is very bad and internet is not working in their office. HUH! Sears with no internet due to bad weather! That person's English was so bad that i never could understand any of his questions. So sorry to say that such type of incapable people are surviving in company like sears with hiring decisions. They would never hire someone smart. Shame on SEARS!

Interview Questions
    • All Technical Jargons... Interviewer had no idea what was he interviewing for!   Answer Question