Sears Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015
1,606 Interview Reviews

2.3

Appliance Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Sat in a cramped office with the store manager. I was asked questions about my personality and why I am interested in sales. I was asked if working on 100% commission is something I am interested in. Overall your basic interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a qualified candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with HR and another with a hiring manager. Then a in person interview with another hiring manager (typical behavioral questions). Finally a webcam interview with the director of engineering (short, "get to know you" to see if you're a good fit)

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

not to bad work my way up. Started up from sales then moved to manager. make sure the resume is full and ready to go. It is very important to be a hard working and a people person. That always help. I did enjoy the people there and there hospitality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Overall it was fine just be confident in your answers and in no time you have the job

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was pretty hard to be honest. A lot of questions and it took about 45 minutes total. I met with two people and all the stuff about credit card selling is all true for every Sears. Your hours are based on how many credit cards you sell, and if you don't sell enough they get mad. If it happens again, they fire you. Don't work at Sears. Cancel the interview unless you are either good at Business & Sales or you want to have a Business & Sales degree in the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a really positive customer service experience.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I pretty much just walked in and the hiring manager, which was the cashier lead at the time, told me to introduce myself and when am I available for work. It was a quick and easy process and she called me back a week later saying I had the job.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

A very common question is whether you are most productive and comfortable in a small or large company. Both have benefits, so you need to think about which environment best suits you and your work style. If you like small companies, you might say, “I want to work for a small company because you get exposed to more things faster.” However, if you like the greater resources and more formalized training of a large organization, you should communicate that when interviewing. Your preference may also depend on where you are in your career. If you’re just starting out, a large company may be the place to learn processes. If that’s how you feel, say, “I want to own my own company someday and want to learn the best methodologies for running a business.” If you have a number of years under your belt and believe you already know how to manage all or part of a business successfully, then a small company might be the place for you. In your answer, you might say, “I’ve had great training from large companies and want to import those practices into a small company so I can have a greater impact.” Typical interview questions like small company versus large company are designed to determine where you will be best-suited to perform and contribute. Let the interviewer know why you prefer one environment over another.

Apparel Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was your basic interview in which you outline your experiences, the manager asks questions about your previous experience, the manager and you discuss your expectations of the job, you discuss the number of hours you are willing to work in a week, and the manager explains the job's essential duties.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Long online application and survey. Then after about a month, got a call to come in. First meeting was with the Head Cashier for a group interview. Lasted about 15 minutes. Basic Questions and asked for examples of how to handle situations. Then immediately called up for the second part the the assistant manager. Same thing, similar questions, done in pairs with another interviewee. Was immediately given an appointment for a final interview. Final interview was a large group interview with the GM. Very open feel, more casual. She wanted to see how social we were and how we would handle speaking to customers. Was called the next day and offered a position pending drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had an upset customer and how did you resolve the situation. Tell us a time you went above and beyond in the name of customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Online assessment test required. Then contacted by emails when openings came available and asked to apply via email if interested. Received multiple robot declines before receiving a request to show up for a person to person interview.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to accept our conversion to the use of digital tablets required in the sales process? They will prompt you with sales add-ons and customer/member info.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called about 5 minutes later to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for the next day. The interview room was very small and went pretty awkwardly. about 5 minutes after the interview when i left i received an email saying i wasnt denied the job. pretty much a waste of time. the process was extremely fast though. all happening in under 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where there was a rude customer and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer
    • What were you duties in your own job?   1 Answer