Sears

1,071 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Call Center Specialist Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in September 2013.

Interview Details – This was done very professionally and very quickly

Interview Question – Tell me why we should hire you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – don't work there, it's a trap and they don't treat customers nor employees right

Call Center Representative Interview

Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in September 2011.

Interview Details – Pre-Screen

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – There were multiple phone interviews and written tests. The process took nearly 3 months to complete from start to finish. Be sure you have an answer to how you will coach your selling associates on steps of selling. This whole job comes down to how well you can teach your employees to see Protection Agreements.

Interview Question – Will you sign on if relocation flexibility is a requirement?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in November 2013.

Interview Details – my interview was very laid back, very easy

Interview Question – none were very diffuclt   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Clarksville, IN

I applied through other source - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

Interview Details – I worked for Sears in another division. I was emailed and went on a typical interview. Nothing special.

Interview Question – Typical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. It was take it or leave it.

Sears National Retail Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I applied through a career fair at my university. After a phone interview, I was invited to an on-site interview at Hoffman Estates. Sears paid for the flight and hotel. There were about 40 other candidates at on-site interview, which was conducted for all of the different "National Trainee" roles: Buying, Operations, Loss Prevention, etc. On that day, we had about 3 one-on-one interviews, a role-playing exercise with 10 other applicants, a tour of the building, a company presentation, and lunch. I was there for at least six hours.

Interview Question – nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

El Cajon, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was immediatly prompted to pick an interview date and time. Just after that, I was called by HR from the store I applied to and asked to change the date. I did so, and went in for my interview later that week. After my first interview I was asked to schedule a second one. After that one, I was asked to attend the final group interview. At this interview we were asked to work as a group and in pairs to solve role-play situations. Then we were all hired.

Interview Question – Describe a time when someone gave you great customer service and how it felt.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Damage Field Engineer Interview

Stockton, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sears in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very long and thorough.

Interview Question – The situation questions were difficult. Since I didn't have too much experience it was difficult for me to come up with an answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted and the offer was raised 2K.

Very Easy Interview

Appareal Sales Associate Interview

Shelby Township, MI

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details – The usual hiring process, fill out app wait for phone call and then the interview. Human Resources reps are just like any other retail Human Resources reps. Very pleasant, but not very personable. Only retail sales were open and they offer the same as other retail stores. You must be able to work weekends

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Sears?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details – When I was initially hired there was not much of a training program. A few basics and I was on my own.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They ask questions and I provided the answers they were looking for

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears interview questions and advice. All 1,071 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.