Sears Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Merchandise and Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in May 2011.

I found the job posted online, then proceeded to apply on the company website. The process was fairly straightforward, with a small personality test at the end of the application. The website is setup so that one can schedule their own interview. I then went for an interview on the day I selected and spoke to the operations manager and the Merchandise lead, and then I was scheduled for an orientation meeting after I connected well with the hiring staff.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that was asked was when they asked me the most difficult part of a previous job I had and how I managed to work through it.   Answer Question
    Hourly compensation was non-negotiable, as it was a minimum wage job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2010.

2 interviews to go through. Very polite and curious hiring staff.Felt very comfortable during the hiring process. Asked questions on experience and prior jobs and other skills and public relations and how I work with other employees.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when 2 customers start fighting and throwing punches? What should I do?   View Answer
    They offered 9 and I said Ill take the job if its 10 an hour.

Merchandise and Customer Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in September 2012.

The process started with me filling out an online application. There was an assessment, and I guess that would qualify you for a job because it let me pick a time for an interview over the next few days. After I showed up for my interview I was waiting for quite a while, but I was continuously visited by staff, and they assured me that someone was on their way. The first interviewer was conducted by a manger and she she asked me some basic interview questions. After the first interviewer was done, I immediately gave me a second interview with questions that I thought were very similar to the first ones. After both of those, they told me that If they decided to hire me they would let me know. 2 days later, I was contacted and given a third interview by the store manager. She decided that she would like to hire me, and let me fill out the paperwork and sent me to a drug testing facility.

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Filled out an application online. Received a phone call from the Assistant Store Manager a week or so later to schedule an interview. Interview was basic questions in a tiny interview room. Was offered a job right on the spot and accepted. Wasn't bad but wasn't an extraordinary process either.

Interview Questions
    • Normal typical interview questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. the pay was state minimum wage of 7.40.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redding, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2014.

I found my interview this afternoon to be quite refreshing. Instead of a one-on-one (done 2 or 3 times), I was interviewed in a group of applicants with several management personnel, including the store manager. I feel this was actually one of the most relaxing ways of conducting an interview because we all we nervous I'm sure, and it helped to ease my own tension knowing this. The interviewers were very professional, personable, etc

Interview Questions
    • I found none of the questions asked to be difficult or unexpected myself.   Answer Question
    I am in the process of getting the offer. I am unsure at this time what the negotiation phase will be like, but if it's like the interview, there will not be any worries.

Backroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williamsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sears in June 2011.

I had two interviews at the same time both ASKED THE SAME EXACT QUESTIONS. It felt like my intelligence was being insulted the entire time during the two separate manager interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most.unexpected questions were ALL OF THEM BEING RECYCLED FOR INTERVIEW NUMBER TWO!   Answer Question
    I just took the job because I needed it

Mattress Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in February 2011.

Easy two interviews all takes about a week but this has changed because shift of hiring set up which makes it take much longer than it use to. Overall still easy make sure you say nothing stupid one interview with lead then assistant store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing just basic situation questions just nervous because I had to wait so long before interview started.   Answer Question
    Their was none just straight hire

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Winter Park, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2014.

Worst interview process. The questions they ask and the criterias are not relevant For the job. The recruiter really needs to be more humble and never forget the start from 0 in the past.

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2010.

I filled out the application in store on a Monday and was called in for the interview the next day. The interview was only 20 minutes and the interviewer asked the standard run of the mill questions. I received the call two days later that I was hired. The process was ver informal and fast. I was able to negotiate my salary based upon my previous experience.

Sears Holdings HVAC Outside Sales Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2014.

So their Outside Recruiting Company calls me and says they saw my resume on a job search website. The company rep explains the position and asks if I am interested. See sends me to the website that explains the details of the job. I click on a link to apply and get taken to a personality profile website were I have to create an account and spend 45 minutes answering all these weird questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!