Sears Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015
1,548 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Long online application and survey. Then after about a month, got a call to come in. First meeting was with the Head Cashier for a group interview. Lasted about 15 minutes. Basic Questions and asked for examples of how to handle situations. Then immediately called up for the second part the the assistant manager. Same thing, similar questions, done in pairs with another interviewee. Was immediately given an appointment for a final interview. Final interview was a large group interview with the GM. Very open feel, more casual. She wanted to see how social we were and how we would handle speaking to customers. Was called the next day and offered a position pending drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had an upset customer and how did you resolve the situation.
      Tell us a time you went above and beyond in the name of customer service.

Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interview process based on different roles and experience level differs. It includes technical, behavioral and soft skill test. HR screening followed by HR manager discussion and then 2 technical rounds makes it a long process.

Interview Questions

• Many questions are asked based on different roles and experience level.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was pretty easy asked questions like your availability, transportation, work history. The manager seemed like she didn't really care and rushed me to answer the questions quickly. The second manager was really nice, he seemed more involved then the first manager. Got the job on the spot and had orientation a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would provide great customer service?   Answer Question

District Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Online testing followed by Skype interview with hiring manager. Online included an online interview that was videoed for company review before the final review with the hiring manager. The online testing was inappropriate for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was my background in talent development and employee relations   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was fairly a simple interview. The manager was nice. She explained everything well.The cashier position was more than I thought it was. I didn't realize that you have to meet certain goals. For example, if you aren't getting customers to apply for a credit card that lowers your chances of staying there and of course customers should use their rewards cards and that is tracked too.

Online Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Had to interview with 6 different people and answer the same questions over and over. Some of the interviews were on the phone and some were in person. I didn't get a good sense of what the job would be or what categories I would be managing until after I was hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

All customer service behavioral questions, three rounds. This was my first job so I had a tough time with them. I believe I met with 3 different people before getting hired. The process took 1 meeting.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a tough customer, what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Merchandise and Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I began an online application but never completed the questionnaire. Received an email from HR asking me to finish it. The next day(Tuesday) the HR recruiter called/emailed me about wanting an interview, emailed back to schedule an interview on Thursday. Got to the interview 5 minutes early the woman I interviewed with who was an assistant manager was right on time. We went to a little room in the back of the store. She said she didn't have enough time to go over my information and apologized. The whole interview took an hour, only about 5 questions were asked but we conversed about the working environment, dress code and such. I knew I had the job about halfway through the interview because she started saying "when you start" or "while you're working here". At the end she told me they pay minimum wage which was okay with me because I have another great paying job & just wanted this for extra income. She also told me you earn commission for credit apps and online sales. I should here from HR on Monday to set up orientation and such. Overall good interview the manager was nice and seemed to genuinely love her job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, job starts at minimum wage. Which is 7.25 here.

Buyer Apprentice Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, took 6 weeks which included a phone interview. Follow up email with an invitation to interview in San Francisco office. Dressed business casual, very friendly employees and Buyers that interviewed. There were 2 separate interview sessions with Buyers that took approx. 30 min ea.. Additionally 1 math test, approx. 30 min., 1 case study that we were given 10 min to prepare for.
    Case study was observed by all interviewers and needed to showcase how well we worked with others and how convincing our case findings were. Case study was definitely the hardest part.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when your day was interrupted and you were not going to be able to complete all of your tasks that needed to be done? How did you handle the situation?   2 Answers
    • Q: Tell me a time when you were not as detailed oriented as you should've been and how you were able to overcome the obstacle?   1 Answer

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Very short and sweet. Manager just asked me 4 questions which were availability past experience and goal questions . Didn't really ask job related ones and honestly didn't think I got it because my interview was literally 5 min