Sears Interview Questions

1,672 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Low Stress, the management was making sure that you were competent to ring out items and give the correct change back, beyond a few basic interview questions there wasn't anything special about the interview

Interview Questions

• How trustworthy are you to be able to work your shifts and be on time for them?   1 Answer

Fitness Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

I received a call two days after applying and I was interviews by the department manager. Easy questions mostly customer related. the job is sales so they try to get people with a good attitude.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an difficult situation with customer? different sales scenarios that the manager would explain and you would have to answer. the managers do not really care they hire anybody as long as you can speak english. you also have to do a drug test which you only have two days after the interview   Answer Question

Senior Technical Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Two rounds - 1) Technical rounds (Telephonic or skype or face to face) 2) Manager rounds (Telephonic or skype or face to face) 3) Hr rounds (Telephonic or skype or face to face)

Interview Questions

• Basic Java interview questions and some scenario base questions on spring and hibernate.   Answer Question

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

My first interview was via telephone. My second interview was on the campus with three different groups of people. Some of the questions were repeated during the interview process. I was made to feel comfortable during the whole process. I was prepared for the simpler kind of questions that they asked.

Interview Questions

• What intimidates you? Why should I choose you? Tell me about a time when you overcame adversity... Tell us a little bit about your background...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY).

Interview

Very easy one on one, just a couple questions about yourself and straight forward. After the interview you must wait for the background check and maybe a drug test but after that you're all set to go.

Cashier Lead Interview

Interview

There are two interviews and you must undergo a drug screen within 2 days of being offered the job. They hire just about anyone who applies because of the high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have had to deal with a difficult customer or co worker at a past job.   Answer Question

Appliance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sears (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

Not bad. Usual questions. They mostly wanna know what you bring to the table. Strengths, weaknesses, improvements you need to make, etc. Took about 45 minutes. Once you are given an offer, they do a background check, which may or may not involve drug test. Prepare as if there is one, just to be safe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Taunton, MA).

Interview

I applied online, and heard back shortly after by email. I called to confirm an interview, and came in within a week from applying. The interview process took about 30 minutes, and had all the basic questions (situational, experience, etc). It was fairly simple since I had prepared beforehand, and also since the person interviewing me barely made eye contact. The interviewer also seemed like it was his first time doing an interview, as he had to reread/reword many questions. On the bright side, I was told at the end of the interview that I got the job, and that I'd be receiving an email by the next day with the job offer. I accepted the offer through the email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to learn material quickly, and then apply the information you just learned immediately after?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Fort Walton Beach, FL).

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. No trick questions. There were a few common sense "what if" questions. The online application actually took considerably longer than the interview itself. Interviewed with HR, than the Hardlines Manager, Pretty easy job to get and keep. All in all, good company to work for part time.

Interview Questions

• If you see a customer that obviously needs some assistance and it isn't in your area of responsibility, what would you do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview a few days later. Showed up in a suit and tie. One of the managers sat me down to ask various questions and did a couple of role play scenarios. I was really shaken up and struggled during the first role play which was about selling Sears charge cards. There are 2 different cards, charge and master. Did not realize that if a customer had one, I had to try and sell the other as well. He let me redo the first RP scenario and I did much better the 2nd time. Another RP scenario was a return situation. I thought I did pretty bad considering I bombed the first RP, but was surprised when I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you handled a stressful customer situation   1 Answer