Sears Photographer/Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.9

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interview process was laid back and very enjoyable. Very nice people. Supervisor was kind and asked a lot of questions about me as a person rather than the basic ABC interview questions. Felt like they really got to know me for the better.

Interview Questions

• How long I have been working in the field.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Not difficult. Spoke with the manager and one other associate. Discussed experience with photography and customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were willing to pay above min. wage.

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Asheville, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Manager was really nice at first, letting me know everything about the studio, she showed me around and everything, and it seemed like a good place to work for. The questions they will ask you are pretty obvious, so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get this job. You don't have to know everything about photography (although it is a plus), because they train you with the camera and all of the poses and everything.

Interview Questions

• It's an easy, no sweat interview. You don't have to be professional at all, considering they train you with the camera/poses/props.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm not too sure how to answer this, because I don't want to sound too negative. This company didn't work out for me. You can read the reviews to see if you will like it or not.

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Salinas, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. I was called in for an interview two days after I applied online - the downside was that it was scheduled for that day, forty-five minutes from the call. I went, was late because it was out of town (should have been the first sign). Questions involved photography basics, how much you like children, how far you go to connect with customer, etc etc. Sales-oriented job. And inadequate training. Sorry.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a sales background?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate; starting pay is minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Green Bay, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

I received a call the day after applying online. After a few questions about the job I found that this is a 90% Sales job and only 10% actual photography. She claimed she was very impressed with my back ground (I do freelance photography in my spare time while a part-time student), however after learning this is mostly a sales position, I lost interest. Pay is strictly minimum with commission and pushy sales/telemarketing is required with meeting monthly goals. After talking a bit more about my personality, she asked me to come in for a formal interview but I declined. In my opinion (and many others as customers) they should keep sales associates and photographers separate.

Interview Questions

• How much photography experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with cold calling customers to sell appointments and packages?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a very difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Can you meet monthly sales goals?   Answer Question

Misleading position, I am not looking to do mostly sales and be forced to telemarket (one of the most hated marketing tactics by customers in the world).

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Madison, WI) in October 2009.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview, then a first interview in person. They said there was a second interview but the at the second interview I was already hired and doing paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What is 10% of 90? I just found that kinda funny... they also asked what 50% of 100 was ...   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you bent a rule for what you thought was a good reason?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.. the wage was "what everyone started at"

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Arlington, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Not too difficult, they will ask about previous photography experience, bring a portfolio to help. It didn't last more than 20 minutes. You were to utilize the props in the room and try to make the interviewer laugh.

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belleville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Belleville, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy, they sat you down asked you questions on past sales experience, photography and made you sell a pen. They hired me right on the spot because they were desperate for employees at the time. I don't think she listened to me talking she seemed happy someone applied for the job.

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I didn't have much of an interview process, he was very prepared to hire me on the spot. Which he did. He asked me a few questions and listened to my answers but I think his mind was made up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

As soon as online application is processed, interviews and then hiring.

Interview Questions

• What is more important quick and friendly service or quality product?   Answer Question