Sears Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
1,435 Interview Reviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Shady. She was barefoot, on her smart phone facebooking, on amazon buying things. Had me sit there and ask if I needed anything and she was like well the interview is over. It was easy, but it was kinda ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... (Basic questions)   1 Answer

Buyer Apprentice Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

I had applied online. Was contacted to set up a time to have a phone interview. Then was moved forward to the next round. They scheduled a flight to their headquarter office in Hoffman Estates. We were given a tour of the facitlity. Took a written exam. There were 2 rounds of 2:1 interviews and lastly a group project where a panel evaluated how you worked together in a group and fought for more funding for your department.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you observed when you visited our brick and mortar store? Please breakdown your SWAT evaluation.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The first interview was a short meet and greet but management makes you feel very relaxed so you tend to leave feeling optimistic. The second interview was great the manager had me "play" ring a customer and we took turns perfecting it. I was very at ease and genuinely laughing during my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time yoy had to go above and beyond your job duties   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Campus Interview for 1 hour; Two guys there, the first man was very friendly but the second was kind of rude and impolite anyway. Not sure why they would send someone with terrible communication skills and hiring knowledge. Half hour for either of them.Questions in first talk were unbelievable easy but then I met the second guy who is doing coding things in the company. Basically they use Java in Sears.

Interview Questions

• In circus people own characteristics of height and weight and can stand on other one's shoulder if lower and lighter. I was asked to find the maximum combination of this game in finite number of people. It belongs to the algorithm questions and is hard among the categories easy, medium, and hard.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied Online . I was called back within the week . Interview went smoothly and was not intimidating at all. I was told they would call me back for a second interview that day or next day. No call, so I called back myself and scheduled my second interview. The interview was very laid back. Im not sure if it went smoothly for me because I prepared and anticipated most of all of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It went well than I expected only because I got hired on the spot the interviews where a huge pain. Had to answer questions from first the cashier lead then the store manager they were intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good fit with our company?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Carson, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Finished online assessment got a call back from someone a few days later. Call was on Monday after I asked a few questions, I was told to go in for interview on Wednesday at 11. Was group interviewed, told all the metrics. It was a group of three. We were talked to like we already got the position and it was the first day of training. That was all with the cashier lead. Our direct supervision. Then had 1:1 with the store manager. Been waiting a week now for a call back. I was told I would be called between Friday and Monday. I called First on Monday after getting multiple hang ups, disconnections, and loops to the wrong departments, I finally talked to the original person I was suppose to interview with. I was told I should expect a call later that night. Never received one. It's now Wednesday so I'm considering it a no. As well because online the opening for cashier has been removed. I gather they must be having a really hard time deciding on who to keep and fire or they already filled the position and just don't want to give me the proper rejection.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in March 2015.

Interview

Was called to set up an interview, applied about two weeks ago. Waited with three others for my interview (I went last). I got hired that day. Set up drug testing and other info through email, which a representative of Sears helps through the entire process. Started orientation that same week.

Outside Sales Home Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears (Brandon, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very casual and personal, the interview was about 30 minutes and most of the questions revolved around myself and my understanding of the Sears program. They took me through a typical day and how the appointments were scheduled along with an idea of how big my area would be. Overall I was surprised with the process.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about Sears Home program!   1 Answer

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after 2 days someone from the HR called me and I was scheduled for the first interview. Usually you have the first interview with the Assistant Store Manager and afterwards with the Store Manager but I had them backwards. It was very relaxing. The first interview, with the SM, took about 30 minutes and the second one (that I had the day after) took about 15 mins. At the second interview the ASM showed me the store and where I would work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a great customer service.
      What do you expect from your manager?
      Tell me about a time when you had to solve a problem at your job/school. What was the problem and how did you handle it?

Answer Question