Sears

Average Difficulty
1,211 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in October 2013.

Interview Details – The cashier lead would have a paper in front of them and read questions off of there. It feels kind of halt hearted. Because they don't ask too much personal questions. It's many yes or no questions. But one really good thing about it, is that they don't feel like you fit in one place they'll try to contact the other managers to see where you would fit. Especially if they really like you.

Interview Question – All the time I think the question "Why we should hire you?" Is a difficult question. It makes me think of what the other competition would say. Almost every interview I had always have the question.   View Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Several interviews and final day of interviews had 9 individual, 30 min, back to back interviews. There was a 45 min break mid-day for catered lunch...by yourself...that was strange, but appreciated the time to reset and get my thoughts together. 30 min interviews are way too short for you to learn more about the position. Learned the hard way that the job description can change drastically at any time depending on the project, which was not disclosed by HR or the interviewers.

Interview Question – No difficult questions due to being prepared. However, advise you ask as many questions as possible about the position and what you will be doing day to day.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 rounds of negotiating and was just a few % shy of my goal, which was made up for in sign on bonus. This was the easy part.

Merchandise and Customer Assistant Interview

Merchandise and Customer Assistant
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – It was an extremely easy process. I went to the store and applied on their computer that asked about 60 multiple choice questions relating to personal qualities and how you would handle situations at work. After I submitted it, a question popped up on the computer asking if I wanted to schedule an interview, which I did. However, everyone I've talked to had to wait for a call to get an interview. I only had to go through one interview with one person (most people I know had to have 2 interviews) and was hired on the spot. The interview only lasted about 15-20 minutes and the questions were basic.."Tell me about a time you displayed leadership"..stuff like that. My interviewee didn't even ask me all the questions on the paper because they were silly. I accepted because I had never had a job before and wanted to take what I could get.

Interview Question – This question was not difficult but very unexpected.."What is the best gift you have ever given someone?"   Answer Question

Hardlines Merchandiser Interview

Hardlines Merchandiser
Ashland, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed for a warehouse position, but hiring manager felt I would be better fit as a Hardlines Merchandiser. Interview was straight forward. Felt more like chit-chat. Interview lasted probably 45 minutes. Within the hour after the interview, I received a phone call that I had the Hardlines Merchandiser position.

Interview Question – Why would you prefer to work in the warehouse as opposed to somewhere else in the store?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any.

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details – They first make you take an hour and a half quiz. It is very repetitive. Based on the results of the quiz, you are either prompted to choose a time for an interview or they just say "thank you, we will contact you if you want to be interviewed." If you aren't prompted to choose a time, you won't get the interview. Then you get interviewed, and they ask you almost nothing.

Online Merchant Interview

Online Merchant

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details – you will meet with 5 different people over a couple hour period. be sharp do your research of the company. they will be vague about the area you are going to work for, if you are hired negotiate everything up front because raises are hard to get.

Interview Question – what would you do if you had to send out a company wide announcement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation done

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Hiring consisted of about 4 interviews and took about 2 months from the start of the process. The interviewers were acceptable and the questions mostly dealt with my experience and what i could bring to the management team. I enjoyed the one on one interviews as the managers I interviewed with were very knowledgeable and took the time to explain the business and the daily duties

Interview Question – There was no real difficult question. Most of them were very straight forward and did not catch me off guard at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable

Hanover, PA

I interviewed at Sears in August 2012.

Interview Details – Seasonal work. No interview, was already accepted for the position when I showed up. They simply explained the job to me during this time and completed basic questions about me.

Interview Question – There were no questions!   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Trainer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in December 2010.

Interview Details – Referred by friend. Contacted for phone interview. Interviewed twice- once with supervisor and then with a group to train on a subject of my choosing. The group I interviewed with turned out to be future team of co-workers. Also supervisors was on a speaker phone in the room - I didn't find this out until afterwards. Good interviewing process for this type of position.

Interview Question – How to handle a sleeping trainee   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for as much as you can up front - all they can say is no! Annual salary increases are small unless you change positions - so ask for what you can up front.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in February 2013.

Interview Details – They asked about experience and previous projects and how you handled them. They went through step by step of those projects and reviewed how the applicant communicated with the stakeholders and how process and methodology would apply to their current culture. It was really straightforward and semi formal. I would expect the same from any employer that would be seeking talent to their PMO. I'm surprised they did not require the PMP certification but it was something they asked about in the interview. The best way in to this company is to know someone at the corporate office.

Interview Question – What the next steps would be in education or certifications   Answer Question