Sears Interview Questions

2.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in March 2015.

Finished online assessment got a call back from someone a few days later. Call was on Monday after I asked a few questions, I was told to go in for interview on Wednesday at 11. Was group interviewed, told all the metrics. It was a group of three. We were talked to like we already got the position and it was the first day of training. That was all with the cashier lead. Our direct supervision. Then had 1:1 with the store manager. Been waiting a week now for a call back. I was told I would be called between Friday and Monday. I called First on Monday after getting multiple hang ups, disconnections, and loops to the wrong departments, I finally talked to the original person I was suppose to interview with. I was told I should expect a call later that night. Never received one. It's now Wednesday so I'm considering it a no. As well because online the opening for cashier has been removed. I gather they must be having a really hard time deciding on who to keep and fire or they already filled the position and just don't want to give me the proper rejection.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in March 2015.

Was called to set up an interview, applied about two weeks ago. Waited with three others for my interview (I went last). I got hired that day. Set up drug testing and other info through email, which a representative of Sears helps through the entire process. Started orientation that same week.

Outside Sales Home Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in March 2015.

Very casual and personal, the interview was about 30 minutes and most of the questions revolved around myself and my understanding of the Sears program. They took me through a typical day and how the appointments were scheduled along with an idea of how big my area would be. Overall I was surprised with the process.

Interview Questions
    • What did I know about Sears Home program!   View Answer

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in March 2015.

I applied online and after 2 days someone from the HR called me and I was scheduled for the first interview. Usually you have the first interview with the Assistant Store Manager and afterwards with the Store Manager but I had them backwards. It was very relaxing. The first interview, with the SM, took about 30 minutes and the second one (that I had the day after) took about 15 mins. At the second interview the ASM showed me the store and where I would work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a great customer service.
      What do you expect from your manager?
      Tell me about a time when you had to solve a problem at your job/school. What was the problem and how did you handle it?

Answer Question

Preventative Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nlr, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nlr, AR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in March 2015.

Job Application, Online Survey, Online Tech Quiz, Phone Interview, In-Person Interview. All of this initiated from online application. Everyone that contacted me was very friendly and responsive. They answered all my questions and treated me with respect. Very knowledgeable of the process and willing to share insight on it. This is how an job flow should be. I do wish they'd tell you what questions you got right, but it's easy to read the interviewer because they are encouraging.

Photographer/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sears.

Interview process was laid back and very enjoyable. Very nice people. Supervisor was kind and asked a lot of questions about me as a person rather than the basic ABC interview questions. Felt like they really got to know me for the better.

Interview Questions
    • How long I have been working in the field.   View Answer

Cashier Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears.

Went in and talked to the HR people and then was sat down for an interview. I was offered the job on the spot, then again so was everyone else who applied.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to take the blame for someone elses mistake?   Answer Question

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interviewed with a supervisor who then had me interview with one of the dept managers. I was upset because I was coming in for a merchandising & pricing associate position but when I actually got there they told me it was just a regular sales floor position. When I had my 2nd interview after speaking with a supervisor -same day - she wanted me to work in shoes. I said no thanks so she gave me the women's department. Should have known from then that this was a job going downhill quick.

Interview Questions
    • Just standard interview questions. Customer service questions. Pretty basic.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Applied online, took an online customer service test that was interactive about how you would handle different situations at the cash register. The interview was given from a standard question sheet.

Interview Questions
    • What was a challenging experience? What was an accomplishment you were proud of?   Answer Question

It was part-time work and paid only $9 per hour

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears.

I met with an associate who was not prepared for the interview so another manager was called in I came to interview for cashier but she looked at my attire and make up and asked had i ever sold jewelry which i had thus she put me in the fine jewelry department near cosmetics.

Interview Questions
    • it was more of the typical questions tell me about yourself and tell me about your experiences in your last positions this lady actually pretty much pushed the job on me i later found out that position was very difficult and not many people wanted it   View Answer