Sears Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015
1,672 Interview Reviews

2.3

Appliance Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Sat in a cramped office with the store manager. I was asked questions about my personality and why I am interested in sales. I was asked if working on 100% commission is something I am interested in. Overall your basic interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a qualified candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Austin, TX).

Interview

I took my resume and asked for open positions . I was not given website for all jobs just non degree required openings on a sheet for immediate fill positions .,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Muskegon, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online on Saturday, interview on Thursday, offer on Friday. I interviewed with the assistant manager, then with the store manager. Simple questions. No pressure in interview. They gave an overview of the store culture and expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied and about a week and a half later got a call to come in for an interview the next day. I talked to the store manager before my interview because he had approached me before and introduced himself and looked at my resume as well. The interview was fairly easy, they asked about availability, if you were okay with the expected pay, etc. Make sure you know what days are available because they want specifics. Some of the questions like tell me about a time when...caught me off guard a bit since they were hard to answer because I had no prior work experience. But I answered them to the best ability and it was okay. You should think of answers in your head beforehand for those questions so you know what to say especially if you get nervous easily. There are usually two interviews. I was supposed to have an interview with the store manager but because he had spoke to me before he decided to not have one and just go through with employment. The lady who interviewed me told me I was hired and that I would receive paperwork by email because all of that was handled through email and you must check your email often because there are certain windows of time you must complete it in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something and what benefits it had.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you recommended a product to a customer or a family member, friend, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is minimum wage which is $9.00 here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Killeen, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a quick process. I was interviewed by two managers. It was very laid back, and my interview took place in the HROffice. The first interviewer asked basic questions such as how available I am. The second interviewer asked questions based on my experience dealing with different customers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a problem with a rude customer and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with HR and another with a hiring manager. Then a in person interview with another hiring manager (typical behavioral questions). Finally a webcam interview with the director of engineering (short, "get to know you" to see if you're a good fit)

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was pretty hard to be honest. A lot of questions and it took about 45 minutes total. I met with two people and all the stuff about credit card selling is all true for every Sears. Your hours are based on how many credit cards you sell, and if you don't sell enough they get mad. If it happens again, they fire you. Don't work at Sears. Cancel the interview unless you are either good at Business & Sales or you want to have a Business & Sales degree in the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a really positive customer service experience.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I pretty much just walked in and the hiring manager, which was the cashier lead at the time, told me to introduce myself and when am I available for work. It was a quick and easy process and she called me back a week later saying I had the job.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

A very common question is whether you are most productive and comfortable in a small or large company. Both have benefits, so you need to think about which environment best suits you and your work style. If you like small companies, you might say, “I want to work for a small company because you get exposed to more things faster.” However, if you like the greater resources and more formalized training of a large organization, you should communicate that when interviewing. Your preference may also depend on where you are in your career. If you’re just starting out, a large company may be the place to learn processes. If that’s how you feel, say, “I want to own my own company someday and want to learn the best methodologies for running a business.” If you have a number of years under your belt and believe you already know how to manage all or part of a business successfully, then a small company might be the place for you. In your answer, you might say, “I’ve had great training from large companies and want to import those practices into a small company so I can have a greater impact.” Typical interview questions like small company versus large company are designed to determine where you will be best-suited to perform and contribute. Let the interviewer know why you prefer one environment over another.

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

not to bad work my way up. Started up from sales then moved to manager. make sure the resume is full and ready to go. It is very important to be a hard working and a people person. That always help. I did enjoy the people there and there hospitality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Overall it was fine just be confident in your answers and in no time you have the job