Sears

1,187 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted about around two weeks. I was scheduled at 2:30, and arrived about 15 minutes early. No one was there, so I had to wait about 10 minutes. Finally, the manager shows up. He asked me about two questions, and then said because I was a minor, I could not work there. My advice for anyone under 18, don't apply because you will just be waisting your time. Very unorganized and annoying, I was very upset because obviously the manager did not look completely through the application to know I was a minor before he called. Don't waste your time.

Interview Question – What will you contribute?   Answer Question

3cf72966@opayq.com Interview

3cf72966@opayq.com
Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sears in August 2012.

Interview Details – I completed 1 interview in person and 1 informal phone interview. On the day I was hired I I was asked to fill out a questionnaire and completed background check and same day drug test. Bring your ss card and license

Interview Question – Biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Three on line interviews and I was hired - did not get a total view of what the position was. I would have liked to be able to understand the manager and his insecurities

Interview Question – Was I looking to take the persons job   View Answer

Counsel Interview

Counsel

The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Recruiter emailed and set up a phone conversation. Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well. Flew in for interviews with the team. The head attorney was added to the interview loop when I arrived. Interviews went well and I was told I'd hear back in a couple days. A week goes by, nothing. I reach out, hear back in a couple days that although it went really well with the group, it'll be a couple more days. Another week and nothing. I reached out again and heard I'd hear back soon. I finally heard back more than a month after the in-person loop that they wanted someone with more experience in the marketing field.

Interview Question – How do you work with difficult personalities?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Loss Prevention Detective

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Interview Details – I started off by looking directly at the website for openings. I filled out the application around 2 in the morning. The hiring manager called around 3 in the afternoon asking if I would take the pre-employment test. It was 90 questions and you could not use any aid. Passed with flying colors, but I had managed a similar dept. since 2012 so I've been the interviewer asking similar questions. I then was scheduled for a panel interview. It was with the hiring manager and store manager. This was more of an interrogation and the questions were constant for 65 minutes.

Interview Question – If you've never been a manger, you'd drown. They base their questions on being a "manager" not an employee working under someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me what I wanted to be paid, and the hiring manager had to duke it out with the district manager. They really wanted me and offered on the spot contingent on a clean pee test and background check

Store General Manager Interview

Store General Manager

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details – Three interviews, one phone, one with the hiring manager and last with the business Vice President. Took one month to get an offer and two more weeks to on board.

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated vacation time and signing bonus.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in August 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 onsite interview, interviewed with 2 groups while onsite. Onsite interview was with 5 different people. Most the interviews were case studies, some behavioral, 1 technical. One of the analysts took me out to lunch. Everyone I talked to was nice and pretty smart. Quality of people really dependent on the department and the boss.

Interview Question – Got multiple case study interviews and a brief technical interview.   Answer Question

Center Aisle Cashier Interview

Center Aisle Cashier
Cerritos, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had never had a job before I had a relative who was involved with the company already (which helped some I am sure). I applied online and then was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with an Assistant Store Manager and the store Operations Manager before being offered the job following the second interview. Then I was required to follow the standard procedure (filling out paperwork and drug testing).

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself a few years from now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The wage is set at minimum but there are opportunities to earn more (selling online items, selling credit applications, etc.).

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume into the career center, had two 30 minute interviews-one behavioral and one case. They never got back to me so I assume that I didnt get it.

Interview Question – The business case was vague, not a lot of information   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Interview Details – It was mostly behavioral questions (Name a time when...). Also they had questions about the company like if you were comfortable selling sears card. The store was busy during the time so my interviewer work with another customer in between while helping another customer. It was fairly easy but their were questions that caught me off guard.

Interview Question – What was a time where you had to complete a task but needed to work on another task?   Answer Question