Sears Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
1,242 Interview Reviews

2.3

Merchandise and Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in September 2012.

The process started with me filling out an online application. There was an assessment, and I guess that would qualify you for a job because it let me pick a time for an interview over the next few days. After I showed up for my interview I was waiting for quite a while, but I was continuously visited by staff, and they assured me that someone was on their way. The first interviewer was conducted by a manger and she she asked me some basic interview questions. After the first interviewer was done, I immediately gave me a second interview with questions that I thought were very similar to the first ones. After both of those, they told me that If they decided to hire me they would let me know. 2 days later, I was contacted and given a third interview by the store manager. She decided that she would like to hire me, and let me fill out the paperwork and sent me to a drug testing facility.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2010.

2 interviews to go through. Very polite and curious hiring staff.Felt very comfortable during the hiring process. Asked questions on experience and prior jobs and other skills and public relations and how I work with other employees.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when 2 customers start fighting and throwing punches? What should I do?   View Answer
    They offered 9 and I said Ill take the job if its 10 an hour.

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Filled out an application online. Received a phone call from the Assistant Store Manager a week or so later to schedule an interview. Interview was basic questions in a tiny interview room. Was offered a job right on the spot and accepted. Wasn't bad but wasn't an extraordinary process either.

Interview Questions
    • Normal typical interview questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. the pay was state minimum wage of 7.40.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redding, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2014.

I found my interview this afternoon to be quite refreshing. Instead of a one-on-one (done 2 or 3 times), I was interviewed in a group of applicants with several management personnel, including the store manager. I feel this was actually one of the most relaxing ways of conducting an interview because we all we nervous I'm sure, and it helped to ease my own tension knowing this. The interviewers were very professional, personable, etc

Interview Questions
    • I found none of the questions asked to be difficult or unexpected myself.   Answer Question
    I am in the process of getting the offer. I am unsure at this time what the negotiation phase will be like, but if it's like the interview, there will not be any worries.

Backroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Williamsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sears in June 2011.

I had two interviews at the same time both ASKED THE SAME EXACT QUESTIONS. It felt like my intelligence was being insulted the entire time during the two separate manager interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most.unexpected questions were ALL OF THEM BEING RECYCLED FOR INTERVIEW NUMBER TWO!   Answer Question
    I just took the job because I needed it

Mattress Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in February 2011.

Easy two interviews all takes about a week but this has changed because shift of hiring set up which makes it take much longer than it use to. Overall still easy make sure you say nothing stupid one interview with lead then assistant store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing just basic situation questions just nervous because I had to wait so long before interview started.   Answer Question
    Their was none just straight hire

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2010.

I filled out the application in store on a Monday and was called in for the interview the next day. The interview was only 20 minutes and the interviewer asked the standard run of the mill questions. I received the call two days later that I was hired. The process was ver informal and fast. I was able to negotiate my salary based upon my previous experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winter Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2014.

Worst interview process. The questions they ask and the criterias are not relevant For the job. The recruiter really needs to be more humble and never forget the start from 0 in the past.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in January 2011.

Took me in a room in the back the size of an interrogation room. Asked me some questions then had me take this little quiz while she walked away and laughed and talked with someone. I had been done 15 mins before she came back in there. She then told me to come with her and she said she wanted me to go up to this man and try to get him to sign up for the shop your way rewards program after he politely declined, he said I did a great job and then I found out he was actually the assistant manager. She then had him talk to me for awhile then she came back in and told me that I had the job and took me in the office to take an assessment quiz and create my account. I spent a whole week doing assessments and computer training,

N/A

Sears Holdings HVAC Outside Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2014.

So their Outside Recruiting Company calls me and says they saw my resume on a job search website. The company rep explains the position and asks if I am interested. See sends me to the website that explains the details of the job. I click on a link to apply and get taken to a personality profile website were I have to create an account and spend 45 minutes answering all these weird questions.