Sears

1,190 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales & Service Team Manager Interview

Sales & Service Team Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – The steps are a phone screen, initial interview focused on behavioral-based questions, business case review and final interview focused on behavior-based questions. Completed in 3 - 4 steps. The process does a great job in identifying leadership skills and how they've been demonstrated in your experience. Most questions require what you specifically did in a given scenario, not your philosophy on how to handle.

Interview Question – The business case review provides a lot of call center data which you provide hypothetical solutions, which can be difficult for some people to do, not knowing the company's policies and procedures.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Dearborn, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2014.

Interview Details – First interview went well. Mostly basic questions.
Second interview was about selling and assisting other customers. Then they explain to you the importance of selling the sears credit card. Seriously?
Never received a call back, even after recalling them. Not a great employment process.

Interview Question – Sell me this sears card...   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Loss Prevention Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – two interviews, one with DLPM and another with the Store manager. Both interviews were asked the same questions and they were the basic questions. The hardest part was the pre-test when you first apply.

Interview Question – All question were basic   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Merchandising and Pricing Associate
Waldorf, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for two positions- cashier & merchandising/ pricing associate . A week later got an e- mail and a call from HR that a job fair was coming up in a few days and she wanted to schedule me for an interview. My interview was scheduled for 2:15 and I arrived at approximately 2:13. I signed in and let one of the ladies know that I had an scheduled interview and not just an walk-in. HOWEVER I did not get interviewed until 2 HOURS later . Once I was called I was already angry but I went in for the interview anyway . The interview consisted of 2 different people , both nice and both asked relatively easy questions. They tell you about the duties for the job along with asking if u can perform such duties. At the end of my second interview I was offered a job at minimum wage 7.25.

Interview Question – Name three obstacles that you may face in getting someone to order online   View Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
Midland, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very laid back, not a dificult interview at all. Asked the basic, average interview questions to gauge my knowledge and experience in the related field. It is not hard if you go in at least a small bit prepared and know what you are doing. I think that this was not a very hard job to get at all.

Interview Question – What is one obstacle that you have dealt with in your life that was difficult, but you overcame it to make the most of it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in February 2012.

Interview Details – unorganized, the hr's are terrible. Training was terrible. Sears is terrible. Sears is desperate, in sales and as a public corporation. Better off somewhere else. Become a entrepreneur . I would say if you really want to work at this crappy company bug the managers until they finally check out your application. Dont be like most of the people there 50 and working to pay bills forever. I quit when i was 18. And glad im gone

Interview Question – Not really anything   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Phone interview (basic screen: pay, schedule, expectations)...on site with panel of business partners...(behavior based questions )... Some probing by area of interest relative to each partner....interview with hiring manager....drug screen and background check required.

Interview Question – Pretty standard behavior based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I negotiated....it is rare for that to change the offer, but in my case it did.

Appliance Sales Associate Interview

Appliance Sales Associate
Springfield, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was a joke. I had a friend who worked there and was hired because they liked him. It took all of 5 days from interview date until hire date. It was all about who you know.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Preventative Maintenance Technician Interview

Preventative Maintenance Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online and than called in for an interview. A tour of the store was given and the vision of the manager conducting the tour was expressed. In some cases a second interview is needed.

Interview Question – All very basic questins   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Hermitage, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Applied online, easy questionnaire. Was contacted 3 days after finishing application and set up interview time. Arrived at store for an interview. Store manager who was supposed to interview me was 'in a meeting' during the time we had agreed on, so I was interviewed by the lead cashier. She didn't seem to really know what she was doing - all of her interview questions came out of a packet they use to guide their interviews. No one apparently reviewed my application because all the questions they asked were answered in my application. Had a second interview that same day with the store manager after his meeting. Seemed very cold and standoffish. Kept pressuring me to accept a different job as a sales associate in the tools department (where I know nothing about) instead of the cashier position I applied for. When I asked questions after the interview, he showed himself to not be very knowledgeable about his own store (when will I start, how long is training, etc).

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult - the majority were "describe a time when you..." (offered excellent customer service, had to work as a team, etc.)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They were unorganized and not very knowledgeable about their own store. Also wanted me to push credit card apps, reward programs, etc. on customers and I am not pushy enough for them.