Sears

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Operations Interview

Assistant Store Manager Operations
Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I was currently a department manager and I was approached by the store manager of the store in which the assistant position was open. I had worked with him for several years and he had recently been promoted to store manager. He described the assistant store manager position requirements and asked if I would be interested in applying. I applied for the position and interviewed with the district manager. I'd known the district manager for about 10 years and had worked with him on and off as well. The interview process lasted a little over an hour. I was offered and accepted the position.

Interview Question – Do will you handle the transition from your current position to this new position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to increase offer slightly

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2014.

Interview Details – I answered their application online and got a phone call form their HR a few hours later. When I got to the location, I was brought inside the store's office for the interview. It was a one-on-one interview with their MPA lead because the store manager wasn't available. The lead was a very friendly, and the atmosphere was relaxed. She asked me about my work experiences but since this would be an application for my first job ever, we talked about my experiences at school. We talked about leadership roles, what I can contribute to the company, if I have experience with computers, etc. I was told that I will be contacted in the future if we will push through with the process.

Interview Question – Talk about the time you had to lead a group. What kind of work did you do? How did you manage your team?   Answer Question

Consultive Sales Associate- Home Improvement Interview

Consultive Sales Associate- Home Improvement
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in May 2014.

Interview Details – Job Fair at the Embassy Suites, Costa Mesa, CA. This job fair was only for Sales and Management positions. He read my resume and asked me questions about the sales position I was in and my past work experience. He told me that it was commission only and that I would have to work some evenings. He was committed to helping me become successful.

Interview Question – Would I be able to work nights?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I would have loved the job! I need to be home in the evenings due to my husband being ill. I really liked the gentleman that interviewed me and I felt that I would have been able to learn a lot about sales from him.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Loss Prevention Associate
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – The hiring process was relatively simple. First, you interview with the manager of the department you'll be working in, then you interview with the store manager. Both interviews are fairly generic, consisting of typical interviewing questions. Then you go take a drug test and if hired, you come in for orientation, then a few days to a week of online training. Eventually you'll get a key to the LP office/camera room, then you're all set...

Interview Question – The most difficult question, which most employers typically ask during an interview, is, "Why do you want to work here?"   View Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – They email you a time to be at the interview after you have completed an online test. They then introduce themselves and you get an opportunity to meet the hiring manager, who then starts asking interview questions. The process of the interview took about an hour. They, then, thought I was a good candidate after speaking with me and hearing my answers to their questions.

Interview Question – What is success in your opinion?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Money affected my decision. I could not accept after hearing it was only minimum wage since I lived more than an hour away.

Contracting Security Engineer Interview

Contracting Security Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Phone conversation set by recruiter with two people over phone -This went on for an hour. One Sr. Architect and another, low level Engineer. Then a subsequent call from the manager was suppose to happen but they just approved the req and went ahead offering me the contract job.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Valencia, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in October 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. We were all seated in the training room and had to watch a video about being a cashier. They explained a few other things to us about the job. We introduced ourselves to the Cashier Lead and the Human Resources Manager. All they wanted to know was what our availability was and what were some of our past job experieces like. After an hour, we were all given a job offer. It was not as bad as I thought, considering this was my first job interview ever.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The pay is minimum wage so you can either take it or leave it.

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in May 2014.

Interview Details – The person I was supposed to be interviewed by didn't show up til 12:30 close to 1:00pm, when she scheduled my interview for 9:00am. So I sat for 2 hours until someone else was able to interview me. It was pretty simple actually, which was a huge relief because I was so nervous since I didn't have previous retail experience. I noticed before that someone else mentioned that it was more of a conversation than an interview, and they were right but I'm not complaining lol. The guy I was "interviewed" by was really nice. He basically kind of read off a paper asking me about previous employment and then gave me details about the position and what to expect. He didn't ask much questions about me or my skills, etc. The female who went before me also said the same thing. It didn't have that real interview feeling. After that he asked me to have a seat and I met with another manager who conducted my second interview. She asked questions about what I did before, describe a good customer service experience, the usual Tell Me About Yourself, talked about their mission, their Shop Your Way reward program and app, etc. After about 10 mins. she sat up and told me I got the job. I then gave a young lady at the desk my ID & Social Security card to be photocopied. She sent me an email to fill out the same assessment I previous did when I first applied. I have another assessment to do, fill out a form, then I get 48 hours to complete a drug test then I receive my schedule and start my orientation. It's a part time position with 25-30 hours average with minimum wage ($8/hr) with a really easy 1 day process. But because they seemed to be rushing, it looked like they're hiring just about anyone. So just come dressed well with a resume, ID, Social Security card and a smile and you'd def. get the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Account Manager I Interview

Account Manager I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in May 2013.

Interview Details – Easy. You will speak to people with great job titles who can blow smoke about that dying corporation and its potential. Just tell them you sold millions and how you handled dealing with a messy situation.

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2014.

Interview Details – Easy Interview Process. Applied online Thursday, called the store Friday, and was giving an interview for Monday. I was hired on the spot. They gave me a tour of the store as a part of my interview. Nice people but the pay is low. Great job for someone with no real responsibilities.

Interview Question – Describe a time you received good customer service?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Starting pay was $7.40 and my current job was paying more than that.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears