Sears Interview Questions

1,590 Interview Reviews

2.3

Store Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone interview lead to call back and email conformation for face to face interview with senior store manager and district manager. Interview lasted roughly 40 minutes. Process took roughly 2 weeks from initial application to offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay negotiation was very open and honest.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears (Duluth, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled application online and got a call to come in for an interview a few days later. I got harassed to come in for an interview ASAP and got there for a 10 minute interview in which I was questioned about my recent graduation. I was given a petty excuse that I wouldn't be able to get many hours. 1) The point of applying for a part-time job is fewer working hours. 2) If there is no work for people to do then cancel the interview and take down the job ad. Very disappointing.

Regional Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Evansville, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Long and they don't get back to you. They interview tons of people the first go around and don't let you know if you went on to next step.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Texas City, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I arrived 10-15min early but when i got there i had to wait an extra 15min because my interviewer was on a lunch break. But despite that little mishap my first interviewer was very nice and the questions was very easy. The second interviewer was also a little late but was very easy as well.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

1:1 interview, I talked to two managers, they both asked about my background, my experience with sales, computers, and customer service. They warned me that driving.. a lot of driving will be part of the process.

Interview Questions

Interview

The manager me asked behavioral questions

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview process went through 3 rounds. First round with general manager, second round with cashier lead and third round with the store operations manager. They asked generic interview questions, nothing unexpected and I really liked how they took interest in my background and past experiences. I connected well with one of them because she shared the same alma matter. I came back for the 2nd and 3rd interviews the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and past retail experiences   1 Answer

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview process was great up until I was interviewed by the store manager. He was nice but a little pushy when it came to getting his way. I applied for merchandising but he coerced me into sales which I did not want to do, but I needed a job. I was NOT told what I would be paid or actually what I was hired in for when I was actually hired. But again I needed a job regardless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate anything. I told the store manager, that I did not want to do commission sales but he insisted anyway. Luckily they stopped commission once i got there.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week later. Interview process took about 30 minutes. There are two interviews. If you make it past the first one, then you will probably get the job. Its very important to arrive on time and dress professional. They love seeing that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Muskegon, MI).

Interview

Quick and easy. Was there under 30 minutes. Talked to two ladies and then was given the job on the spot. They then had me fill out the paper work and even offered me to start training that day.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question