Sears Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015
1,544 Interview Reviews

2.3

Senior Member Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

When you first get there they take you to the call floor.. They'll sit you next to a seasoned agent and let you listen in on a few of their calls to let you get a feel for the job your interviewing for. Then after about 30-45 minutes they'll take you to an office and ask you some questions. It's pretty easy going for the most part, they ask you about any of your previous work experience that would benefit you in a call center environment. They'll also ask you what skills that you have that qualify you for the position. Then finally they'll ask you to do some role play. The interviewer will pretend to be a disgruntled customer calling in and you have to try and calm them down.. It's inparitive that you don't break character. All they really want to see is how you handle it. Obviously their not looking for a by the book resolution. They just need to know you can keep calm and be professional. If you got the job then they will literally tell you right after the role playing. Basically just breath and be friendly. The way you interact with the interviewer depends a lot on how they feel you'll interact with members on the phone.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you feel are most important when dealing with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Buyer Apprentice Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

I had applied online. Was contacted to set up a time to have a phone interview. Then was moved forward to the next round. They scheduled a flight to their headquarter office in Hoffman Estates. We were given a tour of the facitlity. Took a written exam. There were 2 rounds of 2:1 interviews and lastly a group project where a panel evaluated how you worked together in a group and fought for more funding for your department.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you observed when you visited our brick and mortar store? Please breakdown your SWAT evaluation.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Shady. She was barefoot, on her smart phone facebooking, on amazon buying things. Had me sit there and ask if I needed anything and she was like well the interview is over. It was easy, but it was kinda ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... (Basic questions)   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Campus Interview for 1 hour; Two guys there, the first man was very friendly but the second was kind of rude and impolite anyway. Not sure why they would send someone with terrible communication skills and hiring knowledge. Half hour for either of them.Questions in first talk were unbelievable easy but then I met the second guy who is doing coding things in the company. Basically they use Java in Sears.

Interview Questions

• In circus people own characteristics of height and weight and can stand on other one's shoulder if lower and lighter. I was asked to find the maximum combination of this game in finite number of people. It belongs to the algorithm questions and is hard among the categories easy, medium, and hard.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The first interview was a short meet and greet but management makes you feel very relaxed so you tend to leave feeling optimistic. The second interview was great the manager had me "play" ring a customer and we took turns perfecting it. I was very at ease and genuinely laughing during my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time yoy had to go above and beyond your job duties   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied Online . I was called back within the week . Interview went smoothly and was not intimidating at all. I was told they would call me back for a second interview that day or next day. No call, so I called back myself and scheduled my second interview. The interview was very laid back. Im not sure if it went smoothly for me because I prepared and anticipated most of all of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Carson, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Finished online assessment got a call back from someone a few days later. Call was on Monday after I asked a few questions, I was told to go in for interview on Wednesday at 11. Was group interviewed, told all the metrics. It was a group of three. We were talked to like we already got the position and it was the first day of training. That was all with the cashier lead. Our direct supervision. Then had 1:1 with the store manager. Been waiting a week now for a call back. I was told I would be called between Friday and Monday. I called First on Monday after getting multiple hang ups, disconnections, and loops to the wrong departments, I finally talked to the original person I was suppose to interview with. I was told I should expect a call later that night. Never received one. It's now Wednesday so I'm considering it a no. As well because online the opening for cashier has been removed. I gather they must be having a really hard time deciding on who to keep and fire or they already filled the position and just don't want to give me the proper rejection.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It went well than I expected only because I got hired on the spot the interviews where a huge pain. Had to answer questions from first the cashier lead then the store manager they were intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good fit with our company?   1 Answer

Preventative Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nlr, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears (Nlr, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

Job Application, Online Survey, Online Tech Quiz, Phone Interview, In-Person Interview. All of this initiated from online application. Everyone that contacted me was very friendly and responsive. They answered all my questions and treated me with respect. Very knowledgeable of the process and willing to share insight on it. This is how an job flow should be. I do wish they'd tell you what questions you got right, but it's easy to read the interviewer because they are encouraging.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service look like to you?   1 Answer
    • Standard Criminal & Driving Record Questions   1 Answer
    • First the supply from house is good, then the unit pump.   Answer Question
    • What is an insulator?   1 Answer
    • What are examples of insulators?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in March 2015.

Interview

Was called to set up an interview, applied about two weeks ago. Waited with three others for my interview (I went last). I got hired that day. Set up drug testing and other info through email, which a representative of Sears helps through the entire process. Started orientation that same week.