Sears Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,219 interviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sears.

Applied online and scheduled an in-person interview right after submission of application. There were two interviews, first one with the HR manager, second was with store manager in the same day. Received an offer after second interview.

No negotiation

Merchandiser Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

I was contacted about around two weeks. I was scheduled at 2:30, and arrived about 15 minutes early. No one was there, so I had to wait about 10 minutes. Finally, the manager shows up. He asked me about two questions, and then said because I was a minor, I could not work there. My advice for anyone under 18, don't apply because you will just be waisting your time. Very unorganized and annoying, I was very upset because obviously the manager did not look completely through the application to know I was a minor before he called. Don't waste your time.

3cf72966@opayq.com Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sears in August 2012.

I completed 1 interview in person and 1 informal phone interview. On the day I was hired I I was asked to fill out a questionnaire and completed background check and same day drug test. Bring your ss card and license

I did not negotiate.

Counsel Interview

The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Recruiter emailed and set up a phone conversation. Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well. Flew in for interviews with the team. The head attorney was added to the interview loop when I arrived. Interviews went well and I was told I'd hear back in a couple days. A week goes by, nothing. I reach out, hear back in a couple days that although it went really well with the group, it'll be a couple more days. Another week and nothing. I reached out again and heard I'd hear back soon. I finally heard back more than a month after the in-person loop that they wanted someone with more experience in the marketing field.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears.

Three on line interviews and I was hired - did not get a total view of what the position was. I would have liked to be able to understand the manager and his insecurities

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

I started off by looking directly at the website for openings. I filled out the application around 2 in the morning. The hiring manager called around 3 in the afternoon asking if I would take the pre-employment test. It was 90 questions and you could not use any aid. Passed with flying colors, but I had managed a similar dept. since 2012 so I've been the interviewer asking similar questions. I then was scheduled for a panel interview. It was with the hiring manager and store manager. This was more of an interrogation and the questions were constant for 65 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • If you've never been a manger, you'd drown. They base their questions on being a "manager" not an employee working under someone.   Answer Question
    They asked me what I wanted to be paid, and the hiring manager had to duke it out with the district manager. They really wanted me and offered on the spot contingent on a clean pee test and background check

Store General Manager Interview

Three interviews, one phone, one with the hiring manager and last with the business Vice President. Took one month to get an offer and two more weeks to on board.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated vacation time and signing bonus.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in August 2012.

1 phone interview, 1 onsite interview, interviewed with 2 groups while onsite. Onsite interview was with 5 different people. Most the interviews were case studies, some behavioral, 1 technical. One of the analysts took me out to lunch. Everyone I talked to was nice and pretty smart. Quality of people really dependent on the department and the boss.

Interview Questions
    • Got multiple case study interviews and a brief technical interview.   Answer Question

Center Aisle Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in February 2012.

I had never had a job before I had a relative who was involved with the company already (which helped some I am sure). I applied online and then was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with an Assistant Store Manager and the store Operations Manager before being offered the job following the second interview. Then I was required to follow the standard procedure (filling out paperwork and drug testing).

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself a few years from now?   View Answer
    The wage is set at minimum but there are opportunities to earn more (selling online items, selling credit applications, etc.).

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Sears.

Dropped my resume into the career center, had two 30 minute interviews-one behavioral and one case. They never got back to me so I assume that I didnt get it.