Sears Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
1,415 Interview Reviews

2.3

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sears in December 2014.

Applyed in January, got a call around May to set up an interview. Interviewed with the assistant store manager, then got called by the receiving manager and was offered a job.

Backroom Associate (Seasonal) Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in December 2014.

The hiring and interview process was pretty straight forward. I had an initial phone interview and asked questions like why I wanted to work at Sears. The interview was scheduled for a week later and typical interview questions I have seen already on this site. Pretty relaxing interview. Business Casual clothes.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. This was a seasonal position through holiday's.

Consultive Sales Associate- Home Improvement Interview

I applied online and within a 2-3 weeks received an email requesting to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went fairly well. She asked a lot of sales focused questions where I had to give specific examples of things I have done - pretty typical. The call was not from the local store I applied to. She was very friendly and professional, took notes the whole time, and said she would pass the results onto the hiring manager at the local store who would contact me if interested.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me of a time you have had to deal with someone stealing or breaking the law/rules?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

I applied online, and two weeks later I got a call for an interview. I went in and they asked me basic questions like "Why do you wanna work for sears?" And such. After that they asked my availability and told me they'd like me to start as soon as possible.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears.

I applied on a Wednesday, got a call on a Thursday, got interviewed on a Friday and got hired that day and orientation is this next Wednesday. It has been incredibly fast and professional and they did the first and second interview all at once.

Interview Questions
    • An accomplishment I had achieved and how I did it.   Answer Question
    • Why someone wouldn't want to use a credit card. and then how you would talk them into doing it anyways.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

Apply on-line and take assessment, called within a week, HR was sick. 2 interviews. 1st over the phone, 2nd in person. Q&A, situation questions. Bkgrd consent and drug test after offer accepted.

Manager, Local Commerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears.

Sears has the most unprofessional bunch of people. I was scheduled for 5 interviews. The day of my interview the HR spent a pointless hour telling me about how economy of various nations of the world are crumbling. When it was time for the interview, the first interviewer was traveling. No one knew I was scheduled an interview and people who were free were called to interview me. Many people who interviewed were junior employees who had started to work 2 months prior. They seemed to chat on their laptops and mobile phones during the interview. The SVP of the department barged into one of the interviews and was highly unprofessional. He wanted to know information of my current work environment and seemed relentless in getting unwanted details. He said that I would be given the job offer only if I committed to work weekends and overnights. Apparently he was trying to get me aware that the work required challenges that needed such drastic work hours. Every few sentences he would iterate saying he could give me the offer if he wished to, trying to show authority. I could easily get the vibe that my offer was not on the feedback given by all the interviewers (most of them 3-6 months old after college), but based on the SVP's whims. Eventually I was denied the offer by the HR the next week. But the SVP called me again and asked me to disregard the HR and said I would get the offer if I promised to work weekends. I agreed and I was told I would have another interview over the phone. The interviewer called me and scheduled an interview on Saturday, stating he was working that weekend. I was not called on Saturday, and on the immediate Monday, I get a whatsapp from the interviewer with regard to rescheduling. It was very unprofessional and I stopped responding.

Interview Questions
    • If you are given half a million dollars and you need to start a company tell me how many candidates you would recruit and from where?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Was most like any other interview. All the normal questions. It was a four step process. Face to face interview, drug test, came in for computer questionaire and finally had a sit down with th asst mgr and loss prvention person before finally getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • When did I make a wrong decision and how did I feel afterwards and what did I do about it?   Answer Question

Router Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Very unorganized and performed by regular hourly associates. interviews are a joke just say detail oriented and you will get the job.There aren't a set of questions to be asked. this interview is done by random associates and can be organized depending on the individual you have interviewing you however it is usually done by 2 associates therefore it seems more like a series of random "popcorned" questions.

Sales Project Consultant Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I took a couple of test online. I did a phone interview with the District Sales Manager. He asked some basic questions and then wanted me to come in for a interview. The location for the interview was three hour away. I ask would he email me the address and he said he would. I never heard from him. The recruiter did call me back saying they still wanted to speak with me.