Sears

Average Difficulty
1,178 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – There was an automated application process, with an interview almost immediately following. I was surprised that I got as far into the process as I did, as I was too young to be hired at the time.

Consultative Sales Home Appliances Interview

Consultative Sales Home Appliances
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applying on the net was easy. Took sometime to get called in for an interview. HR covers more than one store so they don't always get back to you as quickly as you like. Interview was easy, questions were about customer service skills and sales experience since I was applying for a commission position.

Interview Question – The questions on Customer Service were probably the hardest, I haven't worked in Retail since college so I struggled a bit with examples of what good Customer Service looks like.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for me, I was hired for a commissioned position so it was the training wage and then understanding the commission schedule.

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Consultative Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in September 2012.

Interview Details – On line application process with psych screening with many questions, automatically scheduled interview. Couldn't answer salary question - past salary too high for offered range. Came in as scheduled, no one was expecting me, interviewed anyway. Very odd process. Ended up in a different department then I expected.

Interview Question – Salary, since I have professional experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. Only take this job if you are desperate or need some retail experience.

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Consultative Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Called me after about a week after I filled out an application. Told me the position I applied for wasn't available but another position was open and if I was interested to go apply. I did that and got called in for a interview about a week later. Asked me questions like my greatest accomplishment so far and some obstacles I have overcome thus far and how I overcame them.

Interview Question – Why do I think I'm the best person for the job   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sears Holdings Interview

Sears Holdings
Albany, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sears in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple and quick. Questions about understanding the job and obeying policies. There was no questions that was too difficult. They jus made sure I knew what I was getting myself into

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details – Received an email from a recruiter that asked me to apply to one of the companies positions once I applied I received a call back the very next day and was scheduled an interview. After the first interview the hiring manager told me I would be called back upon them reaching their decision but the next call was for me to have another "interview" during which I was told I basically had the job but a week later after me calling to check the status and being told they were working on the schedule I received an email stating I did not get the job. V

Interview Question – The particular hiring manager was not experienced in giving interviews so she was just "winging" the interview. Nice lady but very unprofessional.   View Answer

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Business Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two interviews are provided, the questions are pretty standard. The recruiters are really nice. But they are looking for some more direct experience.

Interview Question – tell me about your weakness and strength.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Loss Prevention Associate
Lithonia, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in August 2013.

Interview Details – I have no idea how the actual interview was supposed to go. Within five minutes of the interview starting I swayed away from the interview questions and began talking about fishing. My supervisor was awesome, he knew his stuff and really didn't care about how much you knew already because he was going to train you his way.

Interview Question – What is your favorite bait on a big lake for large mouth bass?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Job or no job.

El Paso, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Applied at the store. Received prompt reply. Interviewed twice. Hired quickly.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Space Planning Analyst Interview

Space Planning Analyst
Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about 3 weeks start to finish. First I was called by a recruiter for initial consult. Then we had a phone screen with 3 managers. Then I was invited to the HQ for 2 rounds of interviews. Each round was with 2-3 managers.

They asked typical behavioral questions: As in how do you suggest changes to procedures? How do you convince a manager of your ideas? What is your greatest strength/weakness? How have you explained complex data to non-technical people?

Interview Question – How do you arrange pet food on a shelf? There are three categories of pet food: bagged food, canned food, and treats.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears