Sears Inventory Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.9

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in September 2014.

After submitting my resume online, I participated in a phone screen about a week later. I was immediately invited for an in-person interview, however it took more than a month for me to find out when this interview would actually occur. The in-person interview consisted of 3 half-hour sessions with 2-3 interviewers. The sessions were very easy-going and low stress, mainly talking about my experiences in college and my interests, which makes sense as this is typically an entry-level position that consists of an extensive training program. As promised, I received a decision a week after the in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
  • If you had one item at the distribution center and had to decide between two stores where to send it to, how would you decide?   Answer Question
I received a very fair offer and did not negotiate. For this entry-level position, I believe negotiation is not an option.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Applying through their website did not do me much good but then I met someone who worked for the company who moved my resume along to a recruiter. She contacted me within a week. We had a phone interview and the following week I was called in for an onsite interview. It was intense with 5 sessions of 1:1 hiring managers from different teams but all and all it went well.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question
    No negotiation but the offer was fair and compensated me for my level of skills/experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears.

I initially met with SHC at my university career fair. We chatted about the job, company culture and features of the corporate campus. I then had an interview the next day with a recruiter. We went through a packet of questions, many of which were behavioral (sorry no examples). Later that month I found out I got the second and final round interview at corporate. SHC payed for my gas, meals and provided a hotel nearby for the night before the interview. The second round interview day consisted of 2 interviews, a tour, a group activity, lunch, and 2 separate Q&A sections.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you faced an ethical dilemma in the workplace and how you handled it. Also the group activity was difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in August 2013.

The whole process took about two weeks and consisted of a phone interview and then an in-person. I was given a decision within 48 hours of my in-person.

Interview Questions
    • It was all very straight forward and there weren't any real brain busters   Answer Question
    No negotiation unless you're being hired as a manager or above

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in October 2011.

I was interviewed on campus after signing up through my schools career website. The interview was very casual and easy. Then I got invited for a second look interview in Hoffman Estates for a week and half later. The interview process took an entire day and involved 2 1:1 interviews and a group activity. There was also a tour of the facility. The atmosphere is very casual and there are a lot of amenities that demonstrate how the company is committed to work life balance.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to organize a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Est, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Est, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in February 2011.

Got flown out to Hoffman Estates with 13 other people from my university all interviewing for the same position. First had a group panel with managers then had two one on one interviews with managers which were behaviorally based. Then had a tour of the HQ, and lunch followed by the group activity which was in a room with two managers watching how we interacted. All the managers seemed excited to meet us. The HQ is great and has lots of amenities, also there is a casual dress code which is nice.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know how well I knew excel and basically just needed to hear I knew how to do IF statements   Answer Question
    No negotiation got a call with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sears in November 2010.

Fist I was recruited from my university for a 1:1 interview on campus. Then I was invited to their facility in Hoffman Estates, IL where I was interviewed by a panel as well as 3 separate 1:1 interviews followed by a brief situational presentation.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you were forced to make a decision that you thought would be viewed as unfavorable by those it affected?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation but the offer was 50,000 right out of college which is higher than average for my major (OM&IS).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in December 2008.

We were brought in for two rounds of interviews, a group assessment, team building exercise, lunch, and a Q & A session with current employees. The interviews were 30 min each,and the team building consisted of working together within a group to find the best option I was impressed with the corporate facility and the people were very nice. It seemed like a decent place to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in December 2007.

I had applied online for months but had no callbacks until I met someone who worked there who referred me. I was then contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview with me. She was nice and approachable and gave me her cell number for any questions. I was then contacted by an Analyst at the corp. who interviewed me over the phone. It was dfficult to gauge his responses, and he really seemed disinterested so I didn't think I'd get called in for the in person interview. Thankfully, about a wek later, I did. The headquarters were really impressive and I knew upon walkig in that I'd be lucky to work there. A group of interviewees were picked up in front by some kind of tour guide who took us into another room and described the process, the job and the day we were beginning which would consist of 2 panel interviews and a personality/math test. Both interviews were very informal - why did I want to work there and what could I bring to the position types of questions. Very approachable people. The test was challengin, but not impossible. I left feeling great about the company and 2 days later, got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you overcame a big problem in the workplace.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

You will be taken into a room and given a 360 degree interview. I believe the total amount of people interviewing you are 4. It's a lengthy process and you will be asked about your skills relevant toward the job. Unfortunately, I was never asked if they could take my coat or offer me a glass of water.

Interview Questions
    • 3 or 4 questions directly related toward Microsoft Excel situations.   Answer Question

I did not like how I was treated during the interview which lead me to believe I would be treated poorly as an employee.