Sears

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in August 2013.

Interview Details – The whole process took about two weeks and consisted of a phone interview and then an in-person. I was given a decision within 48 hours of my in-person.

Interview Question – It was all very straight forward and there weren't any real brain busters   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation unless you're being hired as a manager or above

Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Applying through their website did not do me much good but then I met someone who worked for the company who moved my resume along to a recruiter. She contacted me within a week. We had a phone interview and the following week I was called in for an onsite interview. It was intense with 5 sessions of 1:1 hiring managers from different teams but all and all it went well.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time where you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but the offer was fair and compensated me for my level of skills/experience.

Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I initially met with SHC at my university career fair. We chatted about the job, company culture and features of the corporate campus. I then had an interview the next day with a recruiter. We went through a packet of questions, many of which were behavioral (sorry no examples). Later that month I found out I got the second and final round interview at corporate. SHC payed for my gas, meals and provided a hotel nearby for the night before the interview. The second round interview day consisted of 2 interviews, a tour, a group activity, lunch, and 2 separate Q&A sections.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you faced an ethical dilemma in the workplace and how you handled it. Also the group activity was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on campus after signing up through my schools career website. The interview was very casual and easy. Then I got invited for a second look interview in Hoffman Estates for a week and half later. The interview process took an entire day and involved 2 1:1 interviews and a group activity. There was also a tour of the facility. The atmosphere is very casual and there are a lot of amenities that demonstrate how the company is committed to work life balance.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to organize a group project.   Answer Question

Hoffman Est, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in February 2011.

Interview Details – Got flown out to Hoffman Estates with 13 other people from my university all interviewing for the same position. First had a group panel with managers then had two one on one interviews with managers which were behaviorally based. Then had a tour of the HQ, and lunch followed by the group activity which was in a room with two managers watching how we interacted. All the managers seemed excited to meet us. The HQ is great and has lots of amenities, also there is a casual dress code which is nice.

Interview Question – They wanted to know how well I knew excel and basically just needed to hear I knew how to do IF statements   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation got a call with an offer.

Hoffman Estates, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sears in November 2010.

Interview Details – Fist I was recruited from my university for a 1:1 interview on campus. Then I was invited to their facility in Hoffman Estates, IL where I was interviewed by a panel as well as 3 separate 1:1 interviews followed by a brief situational presentation.

Interview Question – When was a time you were forced to make a decision that you thought would be viewed as unfavorable by those it affected?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation but the offer was 50,000 right out of college which is higher than average for my major (OM&IS).

Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in December 2008.

Interview Details – We were brought in for two rounds of interviews, a group assessment, team building exercise, lunch, and a Q & A session with current employees. The interviews were 30 min each,and the team building consisted of working together within a group to find the best option I was impressed with the corporate facility and the people were very nice. It seemed like a decent place to work.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answers (2)

Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in December 2007.

Interview Details – I had applied online for months but had no callbacks until I met someone who worked there who referred me. I was then contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview with me. She was nice and approachable and gave me her cell number for any questions. I was then contacted by an Analyst at the corp. who interviewed me over the phone. It was dfficult to gauge his responses, and he really seemed disinterested so I didn't think I'd get called in for the in person interview. Thankfully, about a wek later, I did. The headquarters were really impressive and I knew upon walkig in that I'd be lucky to work there. A group of interviewees were picked up in front by some kind of tour guide who took us into another room and described the process, the job and the day we were beginning which would consist of 2 panel interviews and a personality/math test. Both interviews were very informal - why did I want to work there and what could I bring to the position types of questions. Very approachable people. The test was challengin, but not impossible. I left feeling great about the company and 2 days later, got an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a time you overcame a big problem in the workplace.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – You will be taken into a room and given a 360 degree interview. I believe the total amount of people interviewing you are 4. It's a lengthy process and you will be asked about your skills relevant toward the job. Unfortunately, I was never asked if they could take my coat or offer me a glass of water.

Interview Question – 3 or 4 questions directly related toward Microsoft Excel situations.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not like how I was treated during the interview which lead me to believe I would be treated poorly as an employee.

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details – Good quality interviewers. Typical interview process, just be yourself.

Interview Question – Case study was kind of weird. Don't have to try and win just be as reasonable as possible.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Inventory Analyst interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.