Sears Inventory Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the campus career website and was accepted for an interview. The first round interview was on campus, with two half hour interviews with two different people. About two weeks after, I received an email requesting a second round interview on site. There, it was an all day interview process. We first arrived, had an interview, took a tour of the building, had another interview, asked questions to a panel of employees, had lunch with those employees, did a group activity, then ended with a recap. The HR employee called me an hour and a half after the interview to let me know I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with someone and what happened.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

apply through campus system and get an interview about several weeks later ( on campus). The first question he asked was about sponsorship, as i am an international students and i do need a sponsorship to work here, we did not continue the interviewing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I participated in a phone screen about a week later. I was immediately invited for an in-person interview, however it took more than a month for me to find out when this interview would actually occur. The in-person interview consisted of 3 half-hour sessions with 2-3 interviewers. The sessions were very easy-going and low stress, mainly talking about my experiences in college and my interests, which makes sense as this is typically an entry-level position that consists of an extensive training program. As promised, I received a decision a week after the in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you had one item at the distribution center and had to decide between two stores where to send it to, how would you decide?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a very fair offer and did not negotiate. For this entry-level position, I believe negotiation is not an option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Applying through their website did not do me much good but then I met someone who worked for the company who moved my resume along to a recruiter. She contacted me within a week. We had a phone interview and the following week I was called in for an onsite interview. It was intense with 5 sessions of 1:1 hiring managers from different teams but all and all it went well.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but the offer was fair and compensated me for my level of skills/experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

I initially met with SHC at my university career fair. We chatted about the job, company culture and features of the corporate campus. I then had an interview the next day with a recruiter. We went through a packet of questions, many of which were behavioral (sorry no examples). Later that month I found out I got the second and final round interview at corporate. SHC payed for my gas, meals and provided a hotel nearby for the night before the interview. The second round interview day consisted of 2 interviews, a tour, a group activity, lunch, and 2 separate Q&A sections.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced an ethical dilemma in the workplace and how you handled it. Also the group activity was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

The whole process took about two weeks and consisted of a phone interview and then an in-person. I was given a decision within 48 hours of my in-person.

Interview Questions

• It was all very straight forward and there weren't any real brain busters   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation unless you're being hired as a manager or above

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I had 2 calls with the HR department before they eventually set me up with an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of 4 rounds of panel interviews with 2-3 current employees each. Overall, I was pleased with the interview process as it was fairly quick and not drawn out like some other companies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced adversity. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus after signing up through my schools career website. The interview was very casual and easy. Then I got invited for a second look interview in Hoffman Estates for a week and half later. The interview process took an entire day and involved 2 1:1 interviews and a group activity. There was also a tour of the facility. The atmosphere is very casual and there are a lot of amenities that demonstrate how the company is committed to work life balance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to organize a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied through their website and received a call the next day. Did a phone interview a couple days after that then asked to fly in for a half day worth of interviews. Once I flew home I received a call about 3-4 days later saying that they would like to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Est, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Hoffman Est, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Got flown out to Hoffman Estates with 13 other people from my university all interviewing for the same position. First had a group panel with managers then had two one on one interviews with managers which were behaviorally based. Then had a tour of the HQ, and lunch followed by the group activity which was in a room with two managers watching how we interacted. All the managers seemed excited to meet us. The HQ is great and has lots of amenities, also there is a casual dress code which is nice.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how well I knew excel and basically just needed to hear I knew how to do IF statements   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation got a call with an offer.