Sears

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cedar Park, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in November 2013.

Interview Details – They called me back for a different job

Interview Question – Called wanted me for Sales.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Very Easy Interview

Florence, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2009.

Interview Details – Wanted to know about supervisory position in the past

Negotiation Details – easy

Lead Cashier Interview

Lead Cashier
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in June 2012.

Interview Details – The first step was to complete an application on the computer at Sears. I was directed to go to the computer located just outside the HR department office because I was in a wheelchair. It turned out that computer was not working. I asked where I might find another computer and was directed to go near the tools department to another handicapped access computer. That one also did not work. However, there was another one next to the cashier desk that was operational. The base the computer sat on was not quite low enough for me in my chair, but I made it work for me by stretching to reach the keyboard. This was not exactly a comfortable position for me. I completed the application and was directed to take two tests and passed both. I was then offered an interview.
The interview was quite extensive and I got a tour of all the areas I would be supervising, upstairs and down. I was asked to come back to interview with the manager. The second interview was even more extensive but the manager told me three or four times that he was quite impressed with my responses. He also explained that unlike myself, most people are reluctant to provide detailed answers to his questions. He further stated that my responses were "dead on right."

Interview Question – Give me real example of a situation where you were successful in handling a difficult situation at work that only experience could have provided the solution to the problem.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in January 2010.

Interview Details – Told me that they couldnt offer more money, found out two years latter they didnt even try and my replacement got paid 2x more

Interview Question – How much are you looking to make   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me bare minimum or no offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Lead Cashier interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.