Sears Lead Interview Questions

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Just be yourself. They are looking for people who are very energetic and willing to work whatever hours they want. Have to be available weekends if you want to get the job.

Interview Questions
they offer pay based on experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in July 2013.

Applied online, contacted over the phone for a group interview. No negotiation as far as my schedule- "this day at this time, okay?". Only three showed up for the interview out of 7. Questions were very generic. First asked about availability. You should know, sears DOES NOT, I repeat NOT hire full time initially. Manager I spoke with said in his 11 years with the company, he's only hired 2 people full time right off the bat, which was not shared with us during the interview, but afterwards during a one on one session. I was offered a part time position (the position was not even remotely relevant to my work experience or educational background; in fact, it requires no prior experience or education) at nearly half the hourly rate I asked for. This is not a company that wants you to grow and learn as a professional. You're part time so they don't pay as much in case you're bad at your job, then they'll let you go. Seems they do mass hirings and firings.

Interview Questions
    • Two goals you've set for yourself in a job
      Overcoming a challenge
      Administered feedback
        Answer Question

Not even remotely relevant to my experience or what I had discussed during the interview. Offered cents above minimum wage.

Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears in April 2012.

The ability to get an interview is based entirely on the personality test at the end of the on-line application. It determines what positions you are eligible for. If you pass the test for the position that you want, it will automatically schedule you for an interview. Generally, they do not hire outsiders for the lead position, you need to be promoted to it after doing very well at a base level (most often minimum wage) position, unless you were a lead (assistant manager) at another similar retail store.

If you get the interview, you will generally interview with your new boss (an assistant store manager), the store manager, and the operations manager (the #2 position in the store.) These managers are sometimes all together, but frequently separately interview you just because they are very busy and hard to get everyone in the room at once.

They go through a standard interview questionnaire produced by Sears Corporate, although some managers prefer to deviate. You must have open availability, meaning you must be available to work anytime day or night, weekends, and holidays (and it will be during the night for Thanksgiving).

Typical questions might be explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it and what were the results.

Beyond that, you will be evaluated based on a subjective opinion of the interviewer on whether or not they think you can do the job or not.

There is very high turn-over in this position. In my store, one manager per month is fired, quits, or gets a better job. This job is not for the faint-hearted!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you thought a co-worker was doing something against company policy. What did you do, and what were the results.   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

three rounds of interview. first two rounds technical, third round Manager FF. then HR discussion.

Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview with three associates, a lead, assistant manager, and a store manager

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a challenging goal.   Answer Question
    They pay only minimum wage for cashiers, and stock.

Lead Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in February 2011.

The interview was very scripted in one of them. The other one asked the same questions but in a more casual manner. Both interview questions were pretty basic. As an example one question was have you ever lead a group and how did it turn out. The emphasis was on leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Name one time when you were the leader of the group and what was the result.   Answer Question

Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in February 2010.

The interview consisted of a one on one , for the first part that was pretty much a normal , question and answer type conversation, then there was a group inter view , in which the store manager sat down and asked much more "digging" questions. while this conversation happened they introduced me to a couple of key figures in the store. Explained their job titles and what their duties were. Lastly they ask me to visit the department and observe the on - goings with the daily routine. I found that within the interview there were a lot of processes, that this company depends on, and the focus is more process orientated rather than customer orientated. all in all the interview process was a smooth and comfortable experience for all involved, they responded back to me in a timely manor and offered me the position is as little as a week. there was also a drug test and a background check for the first phase of screening.

Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in October 2008.

I did the testing online for management, went in and was interviewed by four separate people before hired for position.
    Things they look for is clean dress, smiles, and confidence in who you are. Do not show up in dirty baggy jeans or sweats and wonder why they turn you away.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you had to work with a very difficult person, what was the result, what did you learn from that?   Answer Question