Sears

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – The hiring process was relatively simple. First, you interview with the manager of the department you'll be working in, then you interview with the store manager. Both interviews are fairly generic, consisting of typical interviewing questions. Then you go take a drug test and if hired, you come in for orientation, then a few days to a week of online training. Eventually you'll get a key to the LP office/camera room, then you're all set...

Interview Question – The most difficult question, which most employers typically ask during an interview, is, "Why do you want to work here?"   View Answer

Lithonia, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in August 2013.

Interview Details – I have no idea how the actual interview was supposed to go. Within five minutes of the interview starting I swayed away from the interview questions and began talking about fishing. My supervisor was awesome, he knew his stuff and really didn't care about how much you knew already because he was going to train you his way.

Interview Question – What is your favorite bait on a big lake for large mouth bass?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Job or no job.

Brea, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in April 2014.

Interview Details – My first interview went without a hitch, the loss prevention manager was a nice guy and easy-going, wouldn't have minded working alongside of him. Described to me in detail what was to be expected of me and what to expect on the daily basis. He gave me reassurance that I was pretty much ready to go and it looked good. Good guy like I said, I don't blame him. Was pretty sure at that point I got the job, WRONG. Said that he'd move me over to the meet the store manager for the 2nd interview. Never receiving a call from the store manager himself, a few days later I received an email saying "Your candidacy will no further be pursued at this time.".

Store manager couldn't even bother calling me/meeting me to tell me in-person that the position had been filled, nothing. Now it goes without saying that I don't believe I'm entitled to such personal notification, but the reoccurring issue among today's employment opportunities is that "disconnect" that really removes the human element, simply resulting in laziness and an overall lack of motivation by management to keep candidates interested in other job opportunities by the same company/location. Not surprised at that point, I decided I would never bother dealing with Sears again because of the abundance of managerial issues I have read so much about thanks to this website; I should've known going into Sears to expect as much. Being that I had no loss prevention experience, I tried for an entry-level gig (this job posting listed "18+ years of age to apply.") at Sears for a good starting point to LP. My personal qualifications were well beyond what was required and that may have been the problem, for all I know. Those with college level degrees and certificates, be wary! Never again...

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had to overcome a difficult situation; how did you proceed?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mary Esther, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was directed by the LP Manager, and was a series of questions about past work experience and the standard "tell me about a time that you..." queries.

Interview Question – The most unexpected questions that I got during my interview was when the "supervisor" began to ask me about my law enforcement background. He wasn't asking for interview purposes, he was trying to leave Sears and was asking for my advice on how he could best get into the police field.   View Answer

Loss Prevention Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in November 2009.

Interview Details – Easy had a call in less then 24 hours after I summited my application and got the job in a week and started about a week after.

Interview Question – If you see a person you know steal what would you do and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NONE

Loss Prevention Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I was contacted to set up an interview. I went to the interview which consisted of the HR manager telling me the job description and asking me if I had any questions. I was offered the job on the spot. The LP manager was not there to be involved in the interview. That was the interview process. Besides the drug test everything else was done on-line.

Negotiation Details – There was none. It was a flat rate.

Anderson, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2013.

Interview Details – Completed online application, retail simulation, and two or three assessments...had one interview with department head and store manager, then I was called for a second interview which was basically to let me know that I had gotten the job. After that I completed a background check and drug screen, and some onboarding online paperwork.

Interview Question – There wasn't really anything out of the ordinary. I found the retail simulation to be irrelevant to my position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiation except my start date.

Bradenton, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in October 2011.

Interview Details – They called i went in the person was friendly and real about the job and what she wanted. dont think i could have handled it but it was a great interview.

Interview Question – none most was givne information about the position   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I filled out my application online and I guessed I passed whatever electronic filters they have because I was then able to schedule my interview. I scheduled my interview for two days later. I went to my interview at noon, which was quick and alarmingly simple. I left my interview being told that they would contact me within 24 - 48 hours. I got a call from them 4.5 hours later asking if I could start on Monday.

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard or too in depth.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in February 2008.

Interview Details – the one on one interview was basically standard. in depth questions were asked in reference to LP experience and knowledge. Was a very easy interview compared to others that i have been through. It is fairly easy to be hired with the company if you have a strong resume and experience to back you.

Interview Question – Explain the five steps of the apprehension procees as it relates to shoplifting?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Push for the salary that you desire because you will be worked to death so at least be compensated for your time!

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!