Sears

www.searshc.com

Sears Loss Prevention Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Loss Prevention Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears in January 2014.

Interview process was great and simple

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vineland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vineland, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Basic questions and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    I asked, but there was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears in November 2012.

I applied for three different positions at Sears and ended up having two interviews at different stores. The first interview I was called to schedule an interview, and the second I was emailed and had to schedule it online. My only problem with the online method was that since I applied for two different positions I didn't know which one it was for because it wasn't stated anywhere in the email or the page you sign up for the date and times. Anyways, when I got to the second interview I just asked an associate where I go and she was very friendly and walked me all the way there. She also found someone from HR to help me figure out who I was meeting with. That's how I found out that it was for the LP position. I only waited for about 5 minutes for the department manager to come since their office isn't by the HR office. He informed me before the interview officially started that Sears usually does 2-3 interviews before hiring. First one is with the department manager or HR manager, and the other is usually with the store manager. So I pretty much aced the first part of the interview so he wanted to go into the second part of the questions and I aced those. He ended up asking me if I had time to meet with the store manager also, and if he liked me then he was going to offer me the job that day(He had 2 other people to interview after me, I saw the board with names & dept). So I was offered the job that day and accepted it. I actually applied for a seasonal position but he liked me so much and it was the ending of November he made it Regular Part Time and my starting pay is $10.50. First raise is after 3 months and certification to $10.75 and that date will be annual eval date. At the moment I am just waiting for background check and drug test results to come back for orientation date.

Interview Questions
    • Are you afraid of ladders/heights? What do you think LP does? Name a time you witnessed someone doing something wrong; friend, coworker, stranger. What was it and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ventura, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in May 2012.

I was relocating to Ventura, Ca from my current home. I drove 180 miles for the interview to find out they cancelled my interview without notifying me. They stated it was because my application online had expired. Funny, when they called me for the interview it was not expired! They were not even apologetic and was like Oh well, you can re-apply on line. Just pathetic and a joke of a company!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in October 2011.

I had an automated interview after I completed my online application. I went into HR and waiting 25 minutes. After waiting, someone came and told me the real HR manager wasn't there so she would try to do the interview. She asked me what position I was looking for and left for 2 minutes. Came back to say that they were not hiring in that position (despite what it said online) and that they might have an operning in 2-3 months.

What a waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in June 2009.

Applied. Was called in for an interview. Hired same day.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. Strengths and weaknesses. Name a situation where you had a customer issue how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in May 2009.

i applied online. the next day i got a call to schedule an interview. went to said interview had all the standard questions asked: what do you think loss prevention is about? what is the difference between LP and security? whats your best strong point? also, whats your biggest weakness?

Interview Questions
    in this economic time negotiating is pretty mute. they will pay you what they want because if you refuse to accept the offer their are plenty of more people out there who will be willing to take a job no matter what. i recomend researching LP and security so that you know the difference. i also recomend that you dress well for your interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in April 2009.

I showed up for an interview about ten minutes before it was supposed to take place, dealt with a disinterested service desk clerk, waited for about thirty minutes while the man who would eventually be my interviewer cavorted with other employees. Finally, I was taken to be interviewed by a man who was clearly not happy to be interviewing people, was asked the standard pre-interview questions, and then finally, asked a single question, which, apparently, was all that he needed to determine that I wasn't what they were looking for. The actual interview process took about five minutes, which I don't think was enough time to actually determine whether I was suitable for the position. I was told they would contact me regarding whether or not I got the job (I didn't, of course, and I knew this by the end of the interview), and never heard from them (which is typical).

Interview Questions
    • What do you think "loss prevention" is about?   View Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears.

interviewer rescheduled the interview 3 times....only to find out that starting pay was 8.25

not enough pay