Sears Loss Prevention Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.8

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager, then an assistant manager. About a week later a regional manager interviewed me. I was offered the job shortly after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict with previous supervisor's.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process moved along quickly but it seemed like they were more interested in selling me the company to see if I would accept the position than learning about me.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a weakness that you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was at highest of range and not negotiable

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

two interviews, one with DLPM and another with the Store manager. Both interviews were asked the same questions and they were the basic questions. The hardest part was the pre-test when you first apply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sears (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

First interview with District LP Manager with standard interview questions about strengths and weaknesses from past experiences, second interview With store manager which was simple and informal, and final phone interview with Regional Manager. Took about a month to get an offer. Worked with recruiter throughout who was very helpful and helped increase offer.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

3 interviews were squished into 1.5. There was the portion of the interview that involved scripted questions "describe a time you..." Then I was asked to tell a little more about myself. After that there was some questions about availability and salary requirements. I was sent home and called by the store manager later that week.

Interview Questions

• I did not receive many curve balls in this interview. My advice is fairly general. Be confident, be ready to show what you have to offer, and show genuine interest in the job.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Applied online, received two assessments and interviewed with Store Manager and District Lp Manager.

Interview Questions

• How would I reduce shrink in a store.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

One word will sum up the on boarding process with Sears Holdings "difficult" It starts with applying on brassring witch is the most useless system for applying and for hiring as I am finding now. Just talk about the worst hiring system but leave it to SHC to embrace something that does not work.

Interview Questions

• You have to apply for every location and it is only good for 30 days   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Sears (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in September 2011.

Interview

The background check took almost a month to complete. The drug screening went fast and I was able to do it out of town. The interview questions were very typical interview questions. Tell me about a time when and so on. The first interview is with the district loss prevention manager and the second with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult or unexpected. They were all typical   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears (Austin, MN) in November 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is very strict. Hiring managers are only allowed to look at people who pass a behavioral test with a "green" rating

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to crunch numbers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They flat out told me I was going to make what I was going to make and I couldn't ask for more

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears (McAllen, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

The system let me know when you have an interview w/ me.
    Sometime a second interview is required with the Store manager, 95% of the times I would decide with only 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• There is a computer text involving a section where it has to do with numbers, sales, profit, Margin. This was also supposed to be timed but the you can still keep answering question even though time expires.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For pay there was basically none. Take it or leave it.