Sears

2.4

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in November 2014.

2 part interview with general manager. Interview included basic questions such as "When have you made a difficult decision" "Why do you think you'd make a good fit with Sears"...

Interview Questions
  • When have I made a difficult decision caught me off guard. I make difficult decisions everyday.   Answer Question
I forgot to ask about the hourly rate during the interview. I called the GM a few days later and was able to ask for more than the starting pay of 7.93.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in May 2014.

A very long application process and you go through a 2 interview process with a lot of question on how you have or would handle or have handle certain situations in regards to customer service and as a team member

Interview Questions
    • How have you made a difference in past job experiences and what did you do so that all members of your team could take advantage of it.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears in April 2014.

Two interviews total. Easy questions about personal experiances relating to situations. etc...

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life where you took the blame for something.   View Answer

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

Apply online or instore at any kiosk. If you pass the assessment and are "green" status in the system you may receive a call if that department is seeking employees. If you do not hear back within a week call the store to ask about openings. When called by HR they will set you up for 1-2 interviews with Leads and ASMs. If hired you take a drug test and Sears submits a background check for you. After passing both you are brought in for orientation with HR and complete online training courses before you work with your team.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with ordering online? Name a time when you exceeded someone's expectations. What do you expect out of your manager? Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. Are you comfortable with technology? Do you think you are a match with this company?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for hourly associates, you get what you get which is most likely minimum wage.

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

Two interviews, had to apply twice. Interviewed with manager and then supervisor for the position. The manager told me that I was going to be hired and that I just had to resubmit my application. Resubmitted my application to hear that I wasn't going to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. What is a time that you had to use the internet? Why wouldn't you shop online? Are you comfortable with a structured environment?   Answer Question

MCA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

I have applied online and approximently a month later I was called for a group interviewed. The interview was contucted by HR and the Store Manager. After the interview we were move to a different room for a while then the Store manager came back in to tell everyone that we have a job. She called each of us and told us what position that we were hired for. Then she had took us on a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle critisum and what you would do to improve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears in May 2013.

Pretty simple, I applied online and then like 2 months later got a call for an interview. The person in charge of the clothing department interviewed me and asked about my academics (i'm 16) I was hired 2 mins afterward

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Applied online and received a call after a while. Process consisted of 3 interviews, each of which were a week apart due to random complications. First interview was with HR lady asks basic questions about availability, personality, and simple hypothetical questions.

Second interview is hard if you've never had a job before. It's with the lead of whatever department you apply for. They'll ask you hypothetical questions and will ask you to recall past events from your life that apply to the job. It's pretty tricky. You have to know the right things to say and it's better if you're relaxed and confident. Mine went well because the lead of my department was very laid back and came right out and said she thought the questions were stupid and didn't mind if I struggled with a few. Very nice experience.

Third interview was easier than the second, harder than the first. It's with the store manager. Basically, I already had the job, but the manager wanted to know a few more questions. Basically just stuff about why you want the job, what you expect from it, etc.

Interview Questions
    • - (2nd) Name a time when you showed initiative or leadership

- (2nd) Name a time when you went above and beyond expectation

- (3rd Interview) Give me one final sales pitch for why this job is right for you

Answer Question

MCA Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears.

Applied online, but had trouble with the site, so I called the HR department at the store, and was then asked to come into the store for an in-person interview. Had to take a personality test/customer relation test to see how well I deal with customer satisfaction. Interviewed with 3 separate managers in the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain something you didn't like about your previous position and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you were in and how you got out of it.   Answer Question
    Asked if the wage offered was acceptable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sears.

The interview process went smoothly. I applied online and had to take the generic personality survey.

Shortly after, they contacted me, notifying that they were in need of seasonal workers. They scheduled my appointment and I arrived there 20 minutes before. I was interviewed by the manager in the section I was told to work in. She had a questionnaire and took notes on my replies. Questions such as, "when have you gone beyond the call of duty? Are you a team player? Name some of your strengths, etc.."

After the verbal interview, I was given a sheet with some questions. The questions asked, how I have handled an issue under stress, how I have corrected an issue, and when I have participated in a team and put their interest before mine.

After that, I was scheduled another interview on the same day with another man. He was quick and I was hired. I was then asked for my personal information and given a sheet for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • When have you put other's interests before yours? And why?   Answer Question
    There was room for negotiation.