Sears MCA Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Johnson City, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sears in April 2014.

Two interviews total. Easy questions about personal experiances relating to situations. etc...

Interview Questions
  • Name a time in your life where you took the blame for something.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orangeburg, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeburg, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears in April 2010.

I underwent three interviews. I had to leave my first interview to come back the next day because the HR rep told me I had to wear a skirt. Business slacks were not accepted. Upon returning the next day, my (future) manager informed me that the HR rep has no part in hiring for that dept and was wrong to say anything of the sort. I was asked the same questions again and again about my experience and what I would do in a given situation. I felt as if my interviewers didn't even realize it was the same question in different words each time. I just needed an income, so I complied.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation you have ever been faced with and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating in this company. You take it or leave it. f you can afford to, leave it.

MCA Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears.

Apply online or instore at any kiosk. If you pass the assessment and are "green" status in the system you may receive a call if that department is seeking employees. If you do not hear back within a week call the store to ask about openings. When called by HR they will set you up for 1-2 interviews with Leads and ASMs. If hired you take a drug test and Sears submits a background check for you. After passing both you are brought in for orientation with HR and complete online training courses before you work with your team.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with ordering online? Name a time when you exceeded someone's expectations. What do you expect out of your manager? Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. Are you comfortable with technology? Do you think you are a match with this company?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for hourly associates, you get what you get which is most likely minimum wage.

MCA Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears.

Two interviews, had to apply twice. Interviewed with manager and then supervisor for the position. The manager told me that I was going to be hired and that I just had to resubmit my application. Resubmitted my application to hear that I wasn't going to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. What is a time that you had to use the internet? Why wouldn't you shop online? Are you comfortable with a structured environment?   Answer Question

MCA Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sears.

I have applied online and approximently a month later I was called for a group interviewed. The interview was contucted by HR and the Store Manager. After the interview we were move to a different room for a while then the Store manager came back in to tell everyone that we have a job. She called each of us and told us what position that we were hired for. Then she had took us on a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle critisum and what you would do to improve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in August 2009.

I was called in for an interview and had two interviews with two seperate managers the first day. I was called back a second time to have a third interview with my immediate manager at the time.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical interview questions that are intended to see how you react to certain situations. Pretty straight forward and easy questions   Answer Question
    There really isn't any negotiation, every associate and sales consultant start off at company standard pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sears in September 2011.

The hiring and interview process starts with applying online either at home or at any computer terminal in the store. After a week or so, you should receive an email telling you of a time for an interview with one of the managers or leads. If you do not, try calling the store and inquire about your job application to the store. The interview process can take anywhere between one to three interviews with mine taking the latter number. If you apply for a certain position but feel like you could work other positions, you can state so in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can work [insert job position here]?   View Answer
    There wasn't much negotiation available. You can't negotiate pay rate, but you can negotiate the days that you can or cannot work due to travel or school restrictions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sears in May 2013.

Pretty simple, I applied online and then like 2 months later got a call for an interview. The person in charge of the clothing department interviewed me and asked about my academics (i'm 16) I was hired 2 mins afterward

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Normal, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Applied online and received a call after a while. Process consisted of 3 interviews, each of which were a week apart due to random complications. First interview was with HR lady asks basic questions about availability, personality, and simple hypothetical questions.

Second interview is hard if you've never had a job before. It's with the lead of whatever department you apply for. They'll ask you hypothetical questions and will ask you to recall past events from your life that apply to the job. It's pretty tricky. You have to know the right things to say and it's better if you're relaxed and confident. Mine went well because the lead of my department was very laid back and came right out and said she thought the questions were stupid and didn't mind if I struggled with a few. Very nice experience.

Third interview was easier than the second, harder than the first. It's with the store manager. Basically, I already had the job, but the manager wanted to know a few more questions. Basically just stuff about why you want the job, what you expect from it, etc.

Interview Questions
    • - (2nd) Name a time when you showed initiative or leadership

- (2nd) Name a time when you went above and beyond expectation

- (3rd Interview) Give me one final sales pitch for why this job is right for you
        Answer Question

MCA Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Sears.

Applied online, but had trouble with the site, so I called the HR department at the store, and was then asked to come into the store for an in-person interview. Had to take a personality test/customer relation test to see how well I deal with customer satisfaction. Interviewed with 3 separate managers in the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Explain something you didn't like about your previous position and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you were in and how you got out of it.   Answer Question
    Asked if the wage offered was acceptable.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!