Sears Interview Questions & Reviews in Mentor, OH
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Cashier (174)
- Sales Associate (165)
- Assistant Manager (21)
- Store Manager (20)
- MCA (19)
- Assistant Store Manager (18)
- Merchandising and Pricing Associate (17)
- Merchandiser (16)
- Photographer/Sales Associate (16)
- Consultative Sales Associate (14)
- Receiving Associate (14)
- Operations Manager (12)
- Inventory Analyst (12)
- Sales Consultant (12)
- Loss Prevention Associate (10)
- Loss Prevention Manager (9)
- Loss Prevention (9)
- Business Analyst (8)
- Cashier/Sales Associate (8)
- Lead (8)
- Assistant Retail Store Manager (7)
- Sales Representative (7)
- Electronics Sales Associate (7)
- Retail Sales Representative (6)
- Manager (6)
- Sales Project Consultant (6)
- Customer Service Associate (6)
- Software Developer (6)
- Technical Specialist (6)
- Software Engineer (6)
Cashier Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online - interviewed at Sears in November 2012.
Interview Details – My interview started with the hiring manager who asked typical questions "describe a time when..." It went well and she said she was going to recommend me for a second interview. She asked if I could do it then, I said yes, and she went to find another manager. She couldn't find anyone so she conducted it herself. When that was done, she basically told me that I had the job as cashier if I wanted it but also offered me a position in fine jewelry. The pay is a little less but has commission.
- Unexpected question: what piece of technology do I use on a daily basis that I can't live without. Answer Question
- Difficult question [mainly because I haven't worked in retail in a while]: describe a time in RETAIL when I or another person went above and beyond. Describe what was done and how was it successful. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – No negotiation because the position is seasonal.
Loss Prevention Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in May 2009.
Interview Details – i applied online. the next day i got a call to schedule an interview. went to said interview had all the standard questions asked: what do you think loss prevention is about? what is the difference between LP and security? whats your best strong point? also, whats your biggest weakness?
Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness? Answer Question
Negotiation Details – in this economic time negotiating is pretty mute. they will pay you what they want because if you refuse to accept the offer their are plenty of more people out there who will be willing to take a job no matter what. i recomend researching LP and security so that you know the difference. i also recomend that you dress well for your interview.