Sears Merchandising Associate Interview Questions

2.6

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

I was hired the day of the interview I knew all the questions thank to this site a lot of the interview reviews i read was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Every question i was asked i read of this site so i went there prepared.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Bloomington, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online for a Merchandising Associate position. The application included a personality/skills/situational test which included an oddly high number of questions about handling an injury on the job. A day or two later, I was called to set up for an interview. When I arrived, everybody seemed surprised that I was there to be interviewed. A second person showed up to be interviewed, and nobody seemed to know that he was coming either. Eventually, the only person who seemed to know about the interviews showed up to conduct them. I was interviewed for a Cashier job, which wasn't what I applied for. The interview took 3-5 minutes and I was asked to wait outside to be interviewed by another manager. Eventually, the other manager interviewed me as well, again taking 3-5 minutes. Overall, I was there for about 40 minutes, with 30-34 of those minutes spent waiting. I was told that I would get a call back if I got the job, but never got a call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when there was conflict when you were working as part of a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Saint Cloud, MN) in October 2009.

Interview

I completed an online job application followed by a survey which took about 15-20 min. to complete. After completing the survey the website offered me a date/time to come in for an interview and I accepted. They then emailed a reminder of the date/time of scheduled interview. When I came in for the interview no one had any knowledge of my scheduled interview so I had to wait 20 min. past the time scheduled only to be rushed through the interview and told someone would call me back and no one ever did.

Merchandising Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in September 2009.

Interview

First you meet with the Assistant Manager then a second interview with the Store Manager. The typical questions are Why sears, what can you bring, what improvements can we make, what stores do you look for fashion, are you able to work independently, very basic

Interview Questions

• What are some improvements we can make?   1 Answer
    • Where do you go to shop if money wasn't an issue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Merchandise Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and heard back the next day to set up an interview. The interview was great but the pay and hours were very low for my experience. I interviewed with a manager and then the HR representative. I noticed a lot of people interviewing that day. I was offered the job on the spot pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

Pay was extremely low and job description was unclear. I got several different explanations of what the job entailed and I wasn't sure what I would walk into.