Sears Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.0

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Very short and sweet. Manager just asked me 4 questions which were availability past experience and goal questions . Didn't really ask job related ones and honestly didn't think I got it because my interview was literally 5 min

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears (Duluth, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled application online and got a call to come in for an interview a few days later.

I got harassed to come in for an interview ASAP and got there for a 10 minute interview in which I was questioned about my recent graduation. I was given a petty excuse that I wouldn't be able to get many hours.

1) The point of applying for a part-time job is fewer working hours.
    2) If there is no work for people to do then cancel the interview and take down the job ad.

Very disappointing.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview process was great up until I was interviewed by the store manager. He was nice but a little pushy when it came to getting his way. I applied for merchandising but he coerced me into sales which I did not want to do, but I needed a job. I was NOT told what I would be paid or actually what I was hired in for when I was actually hired. But again I needed a job regardless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate anything. I told the store manager, that I did not want to do commission sales but he insisted anyway. Luckily they stopped commission once i got there.

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after 2 days someone from the HR called me and I was scheduled for the first interview. Usually you have the first interview with the Assistant Store Manager and afterwards with the Store Manager but I had them backwards. It was very relaxing. The first interview, with the SM, took about 30 minutes and the second one (that I had the day after) took about 15 mins. At the second interview the ASM showed me the store and where I would work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a great customer service.
      What do you expect from your manager?
      Tell me about a time when you had to solve a problem at your job/school. What was the problem and how did you handle it?

Answer Question

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interviewed with a supervisor who then had me interview with one of the dept managers. I was upset because I was coming in for a merchandising & pricing associate position but when I actually got there they told me it was just a regular sales floor position. When I had my 2nd interview after speaking with a supervisor -same day - she wanted me to work in shoes. I said no thanks so she gave me the women's department. Should have known from then that this was a job going downhill quick.

Interview Questions

• Just standard interview questions. Customer service questions. Pretty basic.   Answer Question

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears in February 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call the same day I submitted my application, they set up a time to come in the next day. I arrive, and person at the HR desk didn't have the paperwork ready so she frantically called the person who was interviewing me to let them know that they were supposed to be doing an interview. Eventually the person who was interviewing me came and took me to a small room. We had to fill out another application by hand because the HR person didn't have anything printed out. The person interviewing me was nice but seemed like he didn't like the company.

After he approved me I got passed on to do an interview with a manager the same day, after waiting about 5 minutes or so. I got asked a few more questions, which are easy if you've worked in retail before. Then he offered the job to me and wanted to move forward. The job is minimum wage ($7.65), and you have to have open availability, which is not what I'm looking for especially since I have two years of experience being a Lead at Kmart. I told him I would let him know after I thought about it for a day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were able to help someone with computers.   1 Answer

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and did a long assessment test. At the end of the online test I was told that I passed and was directed to pick an interview date (online). I had to call the HR office and confirm that I had an interview and good thing! Cuz they had no knowledge I was scheduled for an interview so they chose a different date for me to be interviewed. I was first interview by the HR manager which questioned me along about customer service. Then she said I passed and had been selected for a second interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Was not complicated, briefly spoke about my previous job experiences and answered some basic questions, a lot of what if scenario questions so study those. Make sure you have scenarios to talk about where you show that you have helped customers in the past or helped people in general even if it is a volunteer experience. Just make yourself seem like someone that they could use as an asset to the company.

Interview Questions

• how would you help a co worker in a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied on a Wednesday, got a call on a Thursday, got interviewed on a Friday and got hired that day and orientation is this next Wednesday. It has been incredibly fast and professional and they did the first and second interview all at once.

Interview Questions

• An accomplishment I had achieved and how I did it.   Answer Question
    • Why someone wouldn't want to use a credit card. and then how you would talk them into doing it anyways.   1 Answer

Merchandising and Pricing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Sears uses recruiters to contact potential employees, but you will interview with a store manager. There are pre-determined questions asked during the interview. Most likely, you will be interviewed by two of the store managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The is no negotiation. The salary is set for all incoming employees, either you accept or you do not. The offer is received via email.