Sears

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redding, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sears in August 2014.

Interview Details – I found my interview this afternoon to be quite refreshing. Instead of a one-on-one (done 2 or 3 times), I was interviewed in a group of applicants with several management personnel, including the store manager. I feel this was actually one of the most relaxing ways of conducting an interview because we all we nervous I'm sure, and it helped to ease my own tension knowing this. The interviewers were very professional, personable, etc

Interview Question – I found none of the questions asked to be difficult or unexpected myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am in the process of getting the offer. I am unsure at this time what the negotiation phase will be like, but if it's like the interview, there will not be any worries.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, a day later I received a call to come in for an interview 3 days later. Monday, I went to my interview and waited about 10 minutes. I first interviewed the Lead of the department he asked basic questions for about 15 minutes and then took me to the floor and told me about certain codes. Afterwards I had my second interview the same day with the assistant manager. We discussed in depth questions and pay. The lead and the assistant manager went into a backroom, came back out and offered me the job.

Interview Question – What would you expect from your manager?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Interview Details – A hardline recruiter called me about 30 minutes after completing the application and online assesment to offer me an interview. i arrived 15 minutes early the interviewer was 30 minutes late. The whole experience was a complete was of time because the recuiter failed to look at my availablility due to working full time already.

Interview Question – A young kind was conducting the interview, no questions were really asked other than what brought me to Sears. Then I was offered the job.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – My availability wasn't inline with what they needed.

Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online on the 12th of June, was called on the 17th of June to scheduled an interview and had it on today [the 19th of June] at 11am. Main bulk of the interview was with the Cashier Lead and then I talked with a manager and an assistant manager. Received a call around 2pm with a job offer, which I took! It was overall a fairly easy interview and the people I talked to were very nice and friendly. Received another call to confirm my email for the rest of the hiring process which was a cake walk. [Tax information, getting your account set up, etc etc].

Interview Question – How are you with the internet/technology. (not difficult, just unexpected cause I consider myself pretty tech savvy)   View Answer

Waldorf, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for two positions- cashier & merchandising/ pricing associate . A week later got an e- mail and a call from HR that a job fair was coming up in a few days and she wanted to schedule me for an interview. My interview was scheduled for 2:15 and I arrived at approximately 2:13. I signed in and let one of the ladies know that I had an scheduled interview and not just an walk-in. HOWEVER I did not get interviewed until 2 HOURS later . Once I was called I was already angry but I went in for the interview anyway . The interview consisted of 2 different people , both nice and both asked relatively easy questions. They tell you about the duties for the job along with asking if u can perform such duties. At the end of my second interview I was offered a job at minimum wage 7.25.

Interview Question – Name three obstacles that you may face in getting someone to order online   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2014.

Interview Details – I answered their application online and got a phone call form their HR a few hours later. When I got to the location, I was brought inside the store's office for the interview. It was a one-on-one interview with their MPA lead because the store manager wasn't available. The lead was a very friendly, and the atmosphere was relaxed. She asked me about my work experiences but since this would be an application for my first job ever, we talked about my experiences at school. We talked about leadership roles, what I can contribute to the company, if I have experience with computers, etc. I was told that I will be contacted in the future if we will push through with the process.

Interview Question – Talk about the time you had to lead a group. What kind of work did you do? How did you manage your team?   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in May 2014.

Interview Details – The person I was supposed to be interviewed by didn't show up til 12:30 close to 1:00pm, when she scheduled my interview for 9:00am. So I sat for 2 hours until someone else was able to interview me. It was pretty simple actually, which was a huge relief because I was so nervous since I didn't have previous retail experience. I noticed before that someone else mentioned that it was more of a conversation than an interview, and they were right but I'm not complaining lol. The guy I was "interviewed" by was really nice. He basically kind of read off a paper asking me about previous employment and then gave me details about the position and what to expect. He didn't ask much questions about me or my skills, etc. The female who went before me also said the same thing. It didn't have that real interview feeling. After that he asked me to have a seat and I met with another manager who conducted my second interview. She asked questions about what I did before, describe a good customer service experience, the usual Tell Me About Yourself, talked about their mission, their Shop Your Way reward program and app, etc. After about 10 mins. she sat up and told me I got the job. I then gave a young lady at the desk my ID & Social Security card to be photocopied. She sent me an email to fill out the same assessment I previous did when I first applied. I have another assessment to do, fill out a form, then I get 48 hours to complete a drug test then I receive my schedule and start my orientation. It's a part time position with 25-30 hours average with minimum wage ($8/hr) with a really easy 1 day process. But because they seemed to be rushing, it looked like they're hiring just about anyone. So just come dressed well with a resume, ID, Social Security card and a smile and you'd def. get the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2014.

Interview Details – Easy Interview Process. Applied online Thursday, called the store Friday, and was giving an interview for Monday. I was hired on the spot. They gave me a tour of the store as a part of my interview. Nice people but the pay is low. Great job for someone with no real responsibilities.

Interview Question – Describe a time you received good customer service?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Starting pay was $7.40 and my current job was paying more than that.

Thornton, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and had two interviews from one of the associates and the manager. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember it in detail, but they asked me the usual questions and it went all well.

Interview Question – Difficult: Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details – I applied through the website. First, they have you submit a resume and input your typical information. Then they have you take a 30-45 minute personality assessment. After that, you must complete five simulated situations relating to customer service. It was quite entertaining, but very time consuming. After a few weeks, I received an email from Sears apparently saying I did not pass the assessments.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were helping a customer, and then another person comes up to and wants to ask a "quick question."   Answer Question

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!