Sears Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.5

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Since I was already employed with the company, my interview was less formal. Basically, I was asked if I had alliances with the associates and would I be able to hold them accountable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negative. I was told my promotion was a lateral move, which was an unethical statement by the District Manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears in September 2013.

Interview

Applied for position on linked in a a Wedensday evening, received a call back by a recruiter the next day (Thursday). The recruiter referred me to the online application system which I completed the same day. On Friday the recruiter sent me the link to their online management questionaire which I completed on Saturday. On Monday the following week I was contacted by the recruiter to establish an on-site interview appointment for the coming Wednesday. Arrived for the interview early, was greeted by three levels of managment and a recruiter. The interview went extremely well, no issues, all questions were scenario-based "What would you do if..." type of questions. The interview was formal but relaxed, more like a two-way conversation.

Interview Questions

• If you had a veteran subordinate employed by the company for many years whose retirement plan and or pension was altered or reduced, and you had to inform the employee, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears in August 2013.

Interview

4 panel interviews before initial offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HA! There was none.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I interviewed with the Store Manager. It was fairly simple since I was already working at the same location. I then interviewed with the district manager to be since our district manager had left. The questions were typical and straight out of a guideline book. They're looking for basic things. It definitely help if you've managed somewhere else before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with a Store Manager. Pretty basic questions for the position I was applying for(questions about work history and experience). Interview lasted an hour. I did a follow up interview with the District Manager. He did not press me for answers. I had a sense that he trusted the judgement of the store manager and by meeting with him if was more of a courtesy interview. Our meeting lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• No specifics just a lot of hypothetical situation base type of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Phila, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with Asst GM and the GM. The AGM gave me a tour of the facility and went over the challenges of the building. The GM interview was more of a conversation to see how I was on a personal level.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is little room to negotiate as the company is not well financially.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Dulles, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position online based on recommendation of my peers to do so. I was given a thorough interview of the expectations of myself if given the position. The final process was taking two assessment tests to determine my capabilities .

Anonymous Employee in Pennsauken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears (Pennsauken, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. The interview was conducted in a unorganized office, and the interviewers spoke frequently about organizational ability. The interview lasted about two hours, and although I was confident about the prospects of another interview, I never received a second call. I learned at a later date that the company had hired from within for the position. I should have received at least the courtesy call that they were looking at other candidates.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sears in February 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 different people from 8am to 2pm. Only the first person really asked my any of the typical questions. After that, the rest of the interviewers just talked about themselves or made small talk. I got the impression that the after the first interviewer, all the others were told to just kill time.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears in December 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with eh HR Manager first and was called back for three individual interviews with other managers on another day. HR was very behavioral interview, The others were more informal. Experience, some behavioral questions. It was a good experience. I actually enjoyed it. I was treated well.

Interview Questions

I couldn't get the salary high enough. They did come up some and added immediate vacation and benefits.