Sears Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sears in January 2015.

interview with multiple PM's and senior people up to VP. two visits to Hoffman Estates which is out in the middle of nowhere. No Train station near and over an hour in traffic to commute from down town Chicago. Phone interview to start with incredibly nice and efficient HR people. The best part of the company.

Interview Questions
  • Obvious the managers were not very skilled. keenly focused on whether you actually did the work.
    What was your process, What did you do, how did you do it. Asking questions about things they were not good at.
    Really good indication this company will not succeed.

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sears in August 2013.

Great interviewing process.......Maybe feel welcomed

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sears in December 2012.

Recruiter mails me and schedules a first 'fit' phone interview.
    He schedules the next two (phone) interviews during this first round itself- One with the hiring manager and the next one with a VP.
    Mostly resume based questions and little behavioral.
    Scheduled next round, on-site, in Chicago, after 1 week.
    Had total 5 interviews, back-to-back, from morning to evening.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sears in December 2012.

Intro: I am fresh masters graduate.

Process:
    Phone screen with HR. Went great.
    Scheduled next round with hiring manager. Went great.
    Scheduled next round with Director. Went great.
    Took 1 month to schedule the on-site. (It was the New years time, so can't blame them but ONE MONTH?)
    On-site. Was received well and taken into a room. The "interrogation" began! There were continuous 5 rounds with no break. I was given the schedule for the interview before hand but there was no use since 3 out of the 5 scheduled were replaced by someone else last minute!
    Some were just talking non-sense. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!
    The hiring manager was the best though; she was a nice lady who asked sensible questions.

I could feel the lack of maturity that only experience can give you, while I was answering the questions. After following up for a 1000 times I get a sorry email!
    Later, I get to know that the position was filled by a 12 years retail experienced person.

So, bottom line IT WAS A PURE TIME WASTE for me!