Sears

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sears in August 2013.

Interview Details – Great interviewing process.......Maybe feel welcomed

Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sears in December 2012.

Interview Details – Intro: I am fresh masters graduate.

Process:
Phone screen with HR. Went great.
Scheduled next round with hiring manager. Went great.
Scheduled next round with Director. Went great.
Took 1 month to schedule the on-site. (It was the New years time, so can't blame them but ONE MONTH?)
On-site. Was received well and taken into a room. The "interrogation" began! There were continuous 5 rounds with no break. I was given the schedule for the interview before hand but there was no use since 3 out of the 5 scheduled were replaced by someone else last minute!
Some were just talking non-sense. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!
The hiring manager was the best though; she was a nice lady who asked sensible questions.

I could feel the lack of maturity that only experience can give you, while I was answering the questions. After following up for a 1000 times I get a sorry email!
Later, I get to know that the position was filled by a 12 years retail experienced person.

So, bottom line IT WAS A PURE TIME WASTE for me!

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sears in December 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter mails me and schedules a first 'fit' phone interview.
He schedules the next two (phone) interviews during this first round itself- One with the hiring manager and the next one with a VP.
Mostly resume based questions and little behavioral.
Scheduled next round, on-site, in Chicago, after 1 week.
Had total 5 interviews, back-to-back, from morning to evening.

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!