Sears

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sears in August 2013.

Interview Details – Great interviewing process.......Maybe feel welcomed

Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sears in December 2012.

Interview Details – Intro: I am fresh masters graduate.

Process:
Phone screen with HR. Went great.
Scheduled next round with hiring manager. Went great.
Scheduled next round with Director. Went great.
Took 1 month to schedule the on-site. (It was the New years time, so can't blame them but ONE MONTH?)
On-site. Was received well and taken into a room. The "interrogation" began! There were continuous 5 rounds with no break. I was given the schedule for the interview before hand but there was no use since 3 out of the 5 scheduled were replaced by someone else last minute!
Some were just talking non-sense. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!
The hiring manager was the best though; she was a nice lady who asked sensible questions.

I could feel the lack of maturity that only experience can give you, while I was answering the questions. After following up for a 1000 times I get a sorry email!
Later, I get to know that the position was filled by a 12 years retail experienced person.

So, bottom line IT WAS A PURE TIME WASTE for me!

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sears in December 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter mails me and schedules a first 'fit' phone interview.
He schedules the next two (phone) interviews during this first round itself- One with the hiring manager and the next one with a VP.
Mostly resume based questions and little behavioral.
Scheduled next round, on-site, in Chicago, after 1 week.
Had total 5 interviews, back-to-back, from morning to evening.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Product Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.