Sears Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.5

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Easy process, asked questions in regards to experiences, asked about sales processes, and how you close the sale. In the interview, you were asked to sell various products. Depending on your answer, you would receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Sears called me, and set up the interview process. The interview was OK... I didn't get any good feelings or bad feelings from the interviewer. I never got a call back though.

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Johnson City, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

Talked with HR manager for a while and answered some questions about myself and my experience in the workplace. Typical questions about your strengths, weaknesses, and customer service interactions. I was then interviewed by the Asst store manager and after getting to know me a little better she offered me a job. Both were very nice, easily approachable, and very respectful. Don't wear a suit to one of these interviews though, you will be overdressed for sure. Slacks and a button shirt with tie will work just fine. Overall, it seemed like a good place to work and I got a good vibe from the people in management.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when a customer came to you with a problem. What did you do to handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • An important part of being a sales representative is making sales. Describe your sales experience and what you would do to make your sales pitch better.   1 Answer

It was for a part-time position, and I was under the impression it was full-time. I explained this to the Asst Store Manager the next day, and she encouraged me to apply for management positions in her store and another nearby. I guess she really liked me!

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (San Diego, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online and right after i submitted the application it asked me to make an appointment for my interview.I made an appointment for two days later.The guy that was interviewing me just seemed like he was in a bad mood.He asked me the basics but was giving me attitude about it.It was bad

Interview Questions

• What have you done that has been group related and what were your responsibilities for that time?   Answer Question

If he was being rude there than i couldnt even imagine how it was gonna be like when i started working so i declined

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Bloomington, MN) in March 2009.

Interview

Standard hiring and interview process: submit resume, get told to fill out application anyway. Interview directly with HR (with store tour). You will constantly be informed that this is an old company, with staunch values - but they did begin limited diversity training (around ethnicity, primarily) shortly after I left. Oral interview, and that was it. I was hired.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions - everyone asks why this company would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was simply informed of my commission structure and base rate.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online and had an interview a few days later

Interview Questions

• When did you go above and beyond for a customer and about the sales tactics   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sears in November 2008.

Interview

filled out an application and was contacted for an interview a couple of days later. the lady was very nice and read from a set group of questions. nothing unusual or creative just basic customer service question. there was some chit chat as well, i'm guessing that was the personality test :)

Interview Questions

• there wasn't a difficult question just very open ended...what is your idea of great customer service?   Answer Question

the wage offered was to low. i received a better offer else where.