Sears

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Sears called me, and set up the interview process. The interview was OK... I didn't get any good feelings or bad feelings from the interviewer. I never got a call back though.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Bloomington, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sears in March 2009.

Interview Details – Standard hiring and interview process: submit resume, get told to fill out application anyway. Interview directly with HR (with store tour). You will constantly be informed that this is an old company, with staunch values - but they did begin limited diversity training (around ethnicity, primarily) shortly after I left. Oral interview, and that was it. I was hired.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions - everyone asks why this company would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was simply informed of my commission structure and base rate.

Johnson City, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in October 2011.

Interview Details – Talked with HR manager for a while and answered some questions about myself and my experience in the workplace. Typical questions about your strengths, weaknesses, and customer service interactions. I was then interviewed by the Asst store manager and after getting to know me a little better she offered me a job. Both were very nice, easily approachable, and very respectful. Don't wear a suit to one of these interviews though, you will be overdressed for sure. Slacks and a button shirt with tie will work just fine. Overall, it seemed like a good place to work and I got a good vibe from the people in management.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when a customer came to you with a problem. What did you do to handle the situation?   View Answer
  • An important part of being a sales representative is making sales. Describe your sales experience and what you would do to make your sales pitch better.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was for a part-time position, and I was under the impression it was full-time. I explained this to the Asst Store Manager the next day, and she encouraged me to apply for management positions in her store and another nearby. I guess she really liked me!

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and right after i submitted the application it asked me to make an appointment for my interview.I made an appointment for two days later.The guy that was interviewing me just seemed like he was in a bad mood.He asked me the basics but was giving me attitude about it.It was bad

Interview Question – What have you done that has been group related and what were your responsibilities for that time?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – If he was being rude there than i couldnt even imagine how it was gonna be like when i started working so i declined

Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and had an interview a few days later

Interview Question – When did you go above and beyond for a customer and about the sales tactics   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in November 2008.

Interview Details – filled out an application and was contacted for an interview a couple of days later. the lady was very nice and read from a set group of questions. nothing unusual or creative just basic customer service question. there was some chit chat as well, i'm guessing that was the personality test :)

Interview Question – there wasn't a difficult question just very open ended...what is your idea of great customer service?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – the wage offered was to low. i received a better offer else where.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Retail Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.