Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears
- Cashier (215)
- Sales Associate (186)
- Merchandising and Pricing Associate (30)
- Assistant Manager (25)
- MCA (22)
- Store Manager (21)
- Consultative Sales Associate (20)
- Assistant Store Manager (18)
- Merchandiser (17)
- Photographer/Sales Associate (16)
- Inventory Analyst (16)
- Receiving Associate (16)
- Loss Prevention Associate (14)
- Operations Manager (12)
- Loss Prevention Manager (11)
- Business Analyst (11)
- Sales Consultant (11)
- Assistant Retail Store Manager (10)
- Software Engineer (10)
- Customer Service Representative (9)
- Loss Prevention (9)
- Electronics Sales Associate (9)
- Cashier/Sales Associate (8)
- Manager (8)
- Lead (8)
- Software Developer (7)
- Softlines MCA (7)
- Retail Sales Representative (7)
- Sales Representative (7)
- Sales Project Consultant (7)
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Saint Cloud, MN) in January 2013.
Interview was short and to the point. Questions ranged from "Why do you want to work here?" to "How would you sell a extended warranty?". Was offered the position but did not hear back from them regarding orientation for about a week or so.
- I could see someone without sales experience being thrown for a loop with the extended warranty question. Do some research on Sears and you should be fine. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Schedule was 3 to 4 weekends per month. I understand why they had this requirement, but it did not fit my schedule.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Sears (Saint Cloud, MN) in August 2012.
Applied Online and once I was finished I was able to schedule an interview. At the interview the department manager basically said I was hired but that I need to meet with Softlines manager first. Basic interview questions were asked and once that was done the drug test was set up.
- Straightforward questions-Tell me about yourself, describe a time where you had to resolve a conflict, etc. Answer Question
I was asked whether I wanted to work as a cashier or in the shoe department and there were set wages.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Sears (Saint Cloud, MN) in October 2009.
I completed an online job application followed by a survey which took about 15-20 min. to complete. After completing the survey the website offered me a date/time to come in for an interview and I accepted. They then emailed a reminder of the date/time of scheduled interview. When I came in for the interview no one had any knowledge of my scheduled interview so I had to wait 20 min. past the time scheduled only to be rushed through the interview and told someone would call me back and no one ever did.
- When was the last time you had to meet a deadline? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Sears (Saint Cloud, MN) in May 2009.
It was fine, basic questions from warehouse lead
- tel me a time when you had to overcome something difficult? Answer Question
no negotiations, minimum wage
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review