Sears Interview Questions & Reviews in Saint Cloud, MN

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in August 2012.

Applied Online and once I was finished I was able to schedule an interview. At the interview the department manager basically said I was hired but that I need to meet with Softlines manager first. Basic interview questions were asked and once that was done the drug test was set up.

Interview Questions
    • Straightforward questions-Tell me about yourself, describe a time where you had to resolve a conflict, etc.   Answer Question
    I was asked whether I wanted to work as a cashier or in the shoe department and there were set wages.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sears in January 2013.

Interview was short and to the point. Questions ranged from "Why do you want to work here?" to "How would you sell a extended warranty?". Was offered the position but did not hear back from them regarding orientation for about a week or so.

Interview Questions
    • I could see someone without sales experience being thrown for a loop with the extended warranty question. Do some research on Sears and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Schedule was 3 to 4 weekends per month. I understand why they had this requirement, but it did not fit my schedule.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in May 2009.

It was fine, basic questions from warehouse lead

Interview Questions
    • tel me a time when you had to overcome something difficult?   Answer Question
    no negotiations, minimum wage

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Cloud, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sears in October 2009.

I completed an online job application followed by a survey which took about 15-20 min. to complete. After completing the survey the website offered me a date/time to come in for an interview and I accepted. They then emailed a reminder of the date/time of scheduled interview. When I came in for the interview no one had any knowledge of my scheduled interview so I had to wait 20 min. past the time scheduled only to be rushed through the interview and told someone would call me back and no one ever did.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!