Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was a very simple and easy interview. I applied online and about a week later I got a call for an interview the next day. It was just me and another older woman waiting for an interview and I went first. The interview was at most 20 minutes and she asked the usual questions you hear for a retail job. She said I would hear back in a few days and I got an email saying I didn't get the job but overall an easy interview!

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you overcame failure and how" "What's your availability" "Who inspires you" "Why do you want to work at Sears"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interview process took a day, you have to take personality and sales experiences tests. training is extensive but helpful. Interview process is average and tests took an our to resolve

Interview Questions

• sales experiences and personality can have tricky questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears (Peoria, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got called by them 20 minutes after i submitted the app. 2 days later i had 2 interviews, one with the sales associate manager and the operating manager. It was very standard, I honestly didn't prepare for the interview yet they were impressed (something's just come natural I guess). I was immediately hired after both interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience? If I hired you, what skills could you bring to the job? Why should I hire you? Tell me how you made a mistake and what you did to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations but I was okay with the pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Phone interview and one live interview with manager. Both interviews were a breeze. Should be no problem if you have half a brain. Appeared to forth with about job, except probably exaggerated commission possibilities.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I worked at a hometown store, so I just talked with the owner and manager for a half hour. They asked about my past work history, and schedule availablty. They never discussed how much I would be making until after I started.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears (Santa Maria, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Application, next couple days you get a call by a recruiter, and then finally you go for a nightmare. Got to interview at 11:50am for a 12pm interview. 12:10pm interviewed by a really nice white guy in the department I applied for. Then 2 hours later....After waiting in a small lobby where you can overhear the corporate recruiter talking behind your backs on the opinion of candidates. She was a younger black lady and she seems to give favor to black candidates. I had previous customer service experience, a college degree in a related field, and the first manager who interviewed me I heard saying great things to her about me. Then I heard her talking down my degree and making assumptions like some one with a bachelor's degree really won't be here long. I was appalled by this and finally she came in offering me a position in another department. I had a bad gut feeling, but I said yes, but did some investigation and it turned out the manager in that department is one of the worse and they don't get a lot of business. I went back in there and asked what was going on and I would not work in that department. She created some lie and wouldn't say straight to my face why she had a problem with me. The lady who they hired had less experience and was black and maybe they thought a female could sell shoes better? Still I think it was discriminatory and after 2 hours a sorry or giving me an alternative would have been nice. I will never shop at Sear's again. I would not tell even the most desperate to work here. Commission is so low. You get $7/hr plus like $2 or $3 for commission on that day.

End corporate America now!

Department manager is a jerk and low pay.

I would not recommend this company even to my worse enemies.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Braintree, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Online application, then they called with an interview offer. The lady was very nice and open talking to me. The conversation was easy and the questions were understandable and easily answered. They were very interested in personal challenges I've overcome.

Interview Questions

I decided to go to college instead.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

I sent a resume online and was called in for an interview. At the interview I met with the manager of my department and then with a manager from another department. Pretty standard interview questions that were just read of a paper. I was offered the position on the spot, which could be due to the fact that I had previous experience at a Sears location.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Low level position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

There was an automated application process, with an interview almost immediately following. I was surprised that I got as far into the process as I did, as I was too young to be hired at the time.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter that asked me to apply to one of the companies positions once I applied I received a call back the very next day and was scheduled an interview. After the first interview the hiring manager told me I would be called back upon them reaching their decision but the next call was for me to have another "interview" during which I was told I basically had the job but a week later after me calling to check the status and being told they were working on the schedule I received an email stating I did not get the job. V

Interview Questions

• The particular hiring manager was not experienced in giving interviews so she was just "winging" the interview. Nice lady but very unprofessional.   1 Answer