Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sears (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

very clean and direct. Very good in describing what was expected and the pros and cons of the job. I was a little concerned about the "brand" of Sears. I am wondering how young adults will perceive the brand. Good interview. It just didn't feel like the right fit for me right now

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to set up an interview a few days later. I was told I was going to be interviewed by the store manager and the sales lead however that wasn't the deal. It was a 1:1 interview with the store manager. From the beginning, he told me that he was going to be asking me basic interview questions that I've probably been asked before. He was very easy going and explained every detail about the job. I was offered the job on the spot and was told to wait for an email to confirm my acceptance of the position. My friend told me it took her about a week to get that email so I'm still waiting on it. After that, the store manager told me that they need to do a background check and whatnot before I start.
    The training process is about 2 weeks and after 30 days I can start making commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sears in January 2015.

Interview

Very laid back interview! This is only my second job interview ever (with no retail experience) and it was so easy! Could be cause the lady who interviewed me was very laid back and made me feel comfortable. I made small talk to break the ice which lead to just random convos like with a friend. She asked my availability, if I was okay with the pay, and then after she asked me maybe 5-7 questions. Before we left the office she asked me to bring my ssn and licenses to scan (heard that normally means you got the job) & told me i'd be an great asset to the company! After she took me down to the department I would work in and the manager of that dept was SO nice and sweet. Instantly felt comfortable. The interviewer left me with the manager of the dpt and came back later... Meanwhile the head of the dpt was telling me my basic duties (what id be doing). She loved me and asked if I was interested & was telling my interviewer basically like 'what do we need to do to get her hired and working'. Interviewer said we are just waiting for the background check and basically thats all. I came back to the store later that day to have my stuff scanned & it was a diff lady who helped me & said "welcome to the team!" And I told her not yet hired and she was saying when they have you bring that info to scan its to get the person signed up for orientation and she was like so you most likely got the job. Lol. Two days later got an email and call welcoming me to the team & scheduling me for orientation! (: I had the interview on monday, got a call back with hiring manager on wednesday, and have orientation on friday!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a last minute decision.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to convince someone to buy something they didn't want/like.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a conflict with someone, how did you resolve it? What did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was a very simple and easy interview. I applied online and about a week later I got a call for an interview the next day. It was just me and another older woman waiting for an interview and I went first. The interview was at most 20 minutes and she asked the usual questions you hear for a retail job. She said I would hear back in a few days and I got an email saying I didn't get the job but overall an easy interview!

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you overcame failure and how" "What's your availability" "Who inspires you" "Why do you want to work at Sears"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Interview process took a day, you have to take personality and sales experiences tests. training is extensive but helpful. Interview process is average and tests took an our to resolve

Interview Questions

• sales experiences and personality can have tricky questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sears.

Interview

Phone interview and one live interview with manager. Both interviews were a breeze. Should be no problem if you have half a brain. Appeared to forth with about job, except probably exaggerated commission possibilities.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I worked at a hometown store, so I just talked with the owner and manager for a half hour. They asked about my past work history, and schedule availablty. They never discussed how much I would be making until after I started.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sears (Santa Maria, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Application, next couple days you get a call by a recruiter, and then finally you go for a nightmare. Got to interview at 11:50am for a 12pm interview. 12:10pm interviewed by a really nice white guy in the department I applied for. Then 2 hours later....After waiting in a small lobby where you can overhear the corporate recruiter talking behind your backs on the opinion of candidates. She was a younger black lady and she seems to give favor to black candidates. I had previous customer service experience, a college degree in a related field, and the first manager who interviewed me I heard saying great things to her about me. Then I heard her talking down my degree and making assumptions like some one with a bachelor's degree really won't be here long. I was appalled by this and finally she came in offering me a position in another department. I had a bad gut feeling, but I said yes, but did some investigation and it turned out the manager in that department is one of the worse and they don't get a lot of business. I went back in there and asked what was going on and I would not work in that department. She created some lie and wouldn't say straight to my face why she had a problem with me. The lady who they hired had less experience and was black and maybe they thought a female could sell shoes better? Still I think it was discriminatory and after 2 hours a sorry or giving me an alternative would have been nice. I will never shop at Sear's again. I would not tell even the most desperate to work here. Commission is so low. You get $7/hr plus like $2 or $3 for commission on that day.

End corporate America now!

Department manager is a jerk and low pay.

I would not recommend this company even to my worse enemies.

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sears (Braintree, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Online application, then they called with an interview offer. The lady was very nice and open talking to me. The conversation was easy and the questions were understandable and easily answered. They were very interested in personal challenges I've overcome.

Interview Questions

I decided to go to college instead.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sears (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. All the questions were just behavioral and sales question. The hardest question the interviewer asked was probably to sell her a pen. Although it was not too difficult, try not to be nervous in the interview. The whole interview is just to see if you are a confident person. Other than that, the interview process is structured for just behavioral to see if you fit with the company.