Sears

163 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in February 2012.

Interview Details – unorganized, the hr's are terrible. Training was terrible. Sears is terrible. Sears is desperate, in sales and as a public corporation. Better off somewhere else. Become a entrepreneur . I would say if you really want to work at this crappy company bug the managers until they finally check out your application. Dont be like most of the people there 50 and working to pay bills forever. I quit when i was 18. And glad im gone

Interview Question – Not really anything   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I sent a resume online and was called in for an interview. At the interview I met with the manager of my department and then with a manager from another department. Pretty standard interview questions that were just read of a paper. I was offered the position on the spot, which could be due to the fact that I had previous experience at a Sears location.

Interview Question – Really basic interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Low level position.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – There was an automated application process, with an interview almost immediately following. I was surprised that I got as far into the process as I did, as I was too young to be hired at the time.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details – Received an email from a recruiter that asked me to apply to one of the companies positions once I applied I received a call back the very next day and was scheduled an interview. After the first interview the hiring manager told me I would be called back upon them reaching their decision but the next call was for me to have another "interview" during which I was told I basically had the job but a week later after me calling to check the status and being told they were working on the schedule I received an email stating I did not get the job. V

Interview Question – The particular hiring manager was not experienced in giving interviews so she was just "winging" the interview. Nice lady but very unprofessional.   View Answer

El Paso, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Applied at the store. Received prompt reply. Interviewed twice. Hired quickly.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – The interview was not too bad. They asked out former employers and some things about yourself. The usual, strength, weakness, what can you offer. They would like someone who has previous experience so that the training process would be easier.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – Depending on location, interview can either be one on one or group style. Takes about an hour and it's pretty straight-forward.
No experience is necessary!

Interview Question – Do you shop at Sears often?   View Answer

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in November 2013.

Interview Details – my interview was very laid back, very easy

Interview Question – none were very diffuclt   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sears

Interview Details – Still have not had interview. 3+ weeks no notice

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Sears.

Interview Details – I applied online during holiday season. GOt called for an interview. THey asked a bunch of crappy interview questions. Like what have you done to motivate co-workers and a contribution you made to a company before.

Interview Question – Tell us about an expirience you went above and beyond to help a customer.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sears Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 163 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sears employees and interview candidates.