Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.1

173 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sears.

I worked at a hometown store, so I just talked with the owner and manager for a half hour. They asked about my past work history, and schedule availablty. They never discussed how much I would be making until after I started.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears in September 2013.

I applied online and received a call almost 30 minutes later asking to come in for an interview. The interview was pretty simple the only question I was asked was what department did I want to work in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in October 2012.

There was about five people interviewing and it took about three interviews to finally get the job. I was actually placed where seen fit according to the interview. After the panel decides who is more qualified to fit the positions the employees hired were placed.

Interview Questions
    We would love you on our team if accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears in April 2010.

2 interviews to go through. Very polite and curious hiring staff.Felt very comfortable during the hiring process. Asked questions on experience and prior jobs and other skills and public relations and how I work with other employees.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when 2 customers start fighting and throwing punches? What should I do?   View Answer
    They offered 9 and I said Ill take the job if its 10 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Braintree, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Online application, then they called with an interview offer. The lady was very nice and open talking to me. The conversation was easy and the questions were understandable and easily answered. They were very interested in personal challenges I've overcome.

Interview Questions

I decided to go to college instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Maria, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Application, next couple days you get a call by a recruiter, and then finally you go for a nightmare. Got to interview at 11:50am for a 12pm interview. 12:10pm interviewed by a really nice white guy in the department I applied for. Then 2 hours later....After waiting in a small lobby where you can overhear the corporate recruiter talking behind your backs on the opinion of candidates. She was a younger black lady and she seems to give favor to black candidates. I had previous customer service experience, a college degree in a related field, and the first manager who interviewed me I heard saying great things to her about me. Then I heard her talking down my degree and making assumptions like some one with a bachelor's degree really won't be here long. I was appalled by this and finally she came in offering me a position in another department. I had a bad gut feeling, but I said yes, but did some investigation and it turned out the manager in that department is one of the worse and they don't get a lot of business. I went back in there and asked what was going on and I would not work in that department. She created some lie and wouldn't say straight to my face why she had a problem with me. The lady who they hired had less experience and was black and maybe they thought a female could sell shoes better? Still I think it was discriminatory and after 2 hours a sorry or giving me an alternative would have been nice. I will never shop at Sear's again. I would not tell even the most desperate to work here. Commission is so low. You get $7/hr plus like $2 or $3 for commission on that day.

End corporate America now!

Department manager is a jerk and low pay.

I would not recommend this company even to my worse enemies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Barboursville, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barboursville, WV

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in February 2013.

I used one of their in store computer stations to apply to Sears. I then received emails asking me to complete situational surveys. Afterwards, I was called by the store manager to schedule an interview. I then came to the store for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be available if you are called in on short notice?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sears in May 2013.

She was very nice open and generous. I loved working with her because she was understanding. I felt comfortable and at ease when interview so i was relaxed.The interview was short and sweet then next thing you noticed i was being asked to take a drug test so that's when i knew i was hired

nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sears in October 2010.

Short and simple, wasn't too difficult, asked about past retail experience, availablity, why i want to work there explained there would be training which was done and computers and very organized - had good training for position.

Minimum wage - no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in November 2013.

Group interview with about 6 other people in a conference room sitting at lunch tables with manager sitting facing all of us asking questions and going over each of all of our availability and experience one by one, encouraged asking questions and joked around.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think they didn't keep you at your last job?   Answer Question

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!