Sears Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.1

175 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Phone interview and one live interview with manager. Both interviews were a breeze. Should be no problem if you have half a brain. Appeared to forth with about job, except probably exaggerated commission possibilities.

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sears.

I worked at a hometown store, so I just talked with the owner and manager for a half hour. They asked about my past work history, and schedule availablty. They never discussed how much I would be making until after I started.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Maria, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sears in July 2014.

Application, next couple days you get a call by a recruiter, and then finally you go for a nightmare. Got to interview at 11:50am for a 12pm interview. 12:10pm interviewed by a really nice white guy in the department I applied for. Then 2 hours later....After waiting in a small lobby where you can overhear the corporate recruiter talking behind your backs on the opinion of candidates. She was a younger black lady and she seems to give favor to black candidates. I had previous customer service experience, a college degree in a related field, and the first manager who interviewed me I heard saying great things to her about me. Then I heard her talking down my degree and making assumptions like some one with a bachelor's degree really won't be here long. I was appalled by this and finally she came in offering me a position in another department. I had a bad gut feeling, but I said yes, but did some investigation and it turned out the manager in that department is one of the worse and they don't get a lot of business. I went back in there and asked what was going on and I would not work in that department. She created some lie and wouldn't say straight to my face why she had a problem with me. The lady who they hired had less experience and was black and maybe they thought a female could sell shoes better? Still I think it was discriminatory and after 2 hours a sorry or giving me an alternative would have been nice. I will never shop at Sear's again. I would not tell even the most desperate to work here. Commission is so low. You get $7/hr plus like $2 or $3 for commission on that day.

End corporate America now!

Department manager is a jerk and low pay.

I would not recommend this company even to my worse enemies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Braintree, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Sears in June 2014.

Online application, then they called with an interview offer. The lady was very nice and open talking to me. The conversation was easy and the questions were understandable and easily answered. They were very interested in personal challenges I've overcome.

Interview Questions

I decided to go to college instead.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sears.

I sent a resume online and was called in for an interview. At the interview I met with the manager of my department and then with a manager from another department. Pretty standard interview questions that were just read of a paper. I was offered the position on the spot, which could be due to the fact that I had previous experience at a Sears location.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate. Low level position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sears.

There was an automated application process, with an interview almost immediately following. I was surprised that I got as far into the process as I did, as I was too young to be hired at the time.

Sales Associate Interview

Received an email from a recruiter that asked me to apply to one of the companies positions once I applied I received a call back the very next day and was scheduled an interview. After the first interview the hiring manager told me I would be called back upon them reaching their decision but the next call was for me to have another "interview" during which I was told I basically had the job but a week later after me calling to check the status and being told they were working on the schedule I received an email stating I did not get the job. V

Interview Questions
    • The particular hiring manager was not experienced in giving interviews so she was just "winging" the interview. Nice lady but very unprofessional.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sears.

Applied at the store. Received prompt reply. Interviewed twice. Hired quickly.

None.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sears.

The interview was not too bad. They asked out former employers and some things about yourself. The usual, strength, weakness, what can you offer. They would like someone who has previous experience so that the training process would be easier.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sears.

Depending on location, interview can either be one on one or group style. Takes about an hour and it's pretty straight-forward.
    No experience is necessary!

Interview Questions

Worked for Sears? Contribute to the Community!